South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 04:05 PM   #31  

Lightbulb Don't quote me or anything

I could be wrong here, but I think I heard somewhere that you're supposed you use your thumb and middle finger on the wrist thing. For all of you who came up with 2 different types of frames: check to see if this makes it more accurate. It gave me a small frame with both elbow and wrist.

Christine
Old 06-24-2005, 01:45 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Karla - omg I HEAR YAH! I have SUCH issues finding clothes, drives me insane! I am 5'8", I have an hour glass figure with a "flat" tummy, big hips, low rise (most pants come almost to my boobs), and a long torso, and long-ish legs. I have a freakish body, this ultra low rise phase has been my savior, pants are at last hitting my waist! Ugh, and you wouldn't think about it, underwear are impossible! I found some at Victoria's Secret, 3 for 35 bucks tho! Alright, enough complaining.. it is what it is!

-Aimee
Old 07-28-2005, 02:58 PM   #33  

Bump for Newbies wanting to know what Frame they are...
(I went by my Elbow... see thread for details)
Old 07-28-2005, 03:16 PM   #34  
Kyemom

my left wrist is smaller than my right!!
Old 07-28-2005, 10:29 PM   #35  

Are you right handed?
Another good reasoning...if you are large boned you can carry more weight than someone your height who is small or medium boned and not look any heavier!!
Old 07-29-2005, 12:35 AM   #36  

According to the elbow I have a small frame and according to the wrist I have a med!
Old 07-29-2005, 01:35 AM   #37  

Alrighty then, I got this straight from a life insurance underwriter: The grid they use to determine range of "normal weight by height by frame" is based on the width of elbow. "LOVE2C135" provided this link in the thread below, when you get to the site, it states it is that which is used by MET life...(according to Mike my underwriter friend, it represents the industry standard)...
http://www.healthchecksystems.com/he...hart.htm#frame
So what your elbow width is ...determines your frame.. and your frame, provides a guide for your weight range...

Last edited by Schatzi; 07-29-2005 at 01:43 AM.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:53 AM   #38  
going places

My elbow measures 3 3/8"!! OMG!! I'm more than large framed even for a guy of my height!!! Um... Can you say Amazon Woman?
Old 07-29-2005, 09:58 AM   #39  
Kyemom

lol...Val u r a nut!!!...Godda luv ya!!
Old 07-29-2005, 10:40 AM   #40  
going places

I've always known I was large framed...even at a decent weight I wear a size 10 on my ring finger...and it really doesn't look like it because my fingers are so long...even longer than my 6'5" tall DBF.

My Mother, bless her heart, tried to console me with that when I was at my heaviest (over 300 pounds) when she said, 'sweetie, you're big boned...you're always gonna be a big girl.' Well, at that point I was pretty disgusted with her covering up for me...so I reached back and grabbed my a$$ cheeks and said, 'DOES THIS LOOK LIKE BONE TO YOU???'

Poor Mom...I know she was just trying to make me feel better, but d@mmit, enough is enough.

Even though I have my goal weight set at 167 I really think that might be a stretch for me...the thing is, the BMI chart says that is close to the highest weight I can be to fit into the 'healthy' weight category for me. I felt healthy at 187 and wore a size 12...probably coulda squeezed into a 10, but honestly, I think my hip bones are too wide to go much smaller in pants size than that....and I'm fine with that. I am what I am.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:48 AM   #41  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I am med boned, hourglass figure as well, I have a super tiny waist that no matter what size pants I get they are to big in the waist, even when I wore a size 7. I had the worse time finding clothes right now because my butt and thighs are big. Elastic waisted pants fit me the best. as long as they are a 28 leg.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:55 AM   #42  
going places

Little chick - try the lower rise jeans/pants...they don't gotta be the superlow rise I find that the ones that sit about an inch or so below my navel work the best...and they are super flattering, too! I have a small waist also to accompany my wide load...I was so so happy when low rise came back into style!
Old 07-29-2005, 12:01 PM   #43  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I have never tried them I always think that they will look terrible on me. I have to work out at the store tonight so if it is slow maybe I will sneak in the change room and try on a few pair. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:12 PM   #44  

Definitely a large frame according the chart, which I've always thought. Even when I was very thin, it was obvious that my actual frame was large. That's how I hid my weight so well for so long. I was HOT in a bikini at 200 pounds. Then... um... I went a little overboard.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:59 PM   #45  
going places

Little Chic - Definitely try them! I felt a little weird with them at first...a little out of my comfort range...but, man o man, I love 'em now!!

Luvmycurves - another TALL, BIG BONED chica! YAY! I hear ya...at 200 pounds I'm pretty smokin' too. The thing is that I'm starting to hurt in my old age from all this @ss I'm haulin' around! I'd noticed a little tummy coming on before I started SBD, too...wow, where did that come from?

It's irritating at times to have everyone tell me I don't need to diet cuz I don't 'look' fat. I feel fat...they need to get over it. At 230 I wear a comfy size 16 and an 'i can't breathe, but i got them on' size 14. I've always been comfortable in my skin with a size 12...that's really all I want at this point.

So, are you like me and feel awkward around average height men?

Last edited by valerie910; 07-29-2005 at 06:01 PM.
Closed Thread