South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 11:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Question Some advice needed please

Ok so I'm on Day 5 of Phase 2. I've been craving free from Day 1 of P1 up till today.

This afternoon, an unrelenting craving, that would not go away.I tried eating a few different snacks and it still wouldnt go away, and in the end I had a small bar of chocolate.

I must add that 3 weeks ago it would have been an almighty binge!

I havent eaten anything different today - I've been having steel cut oatmeal at breakfast as my starch. I think what happened was this : I was tired (couldnt sleep at all last night), I was hungry - I missed my snack yesterday after dinner and didnt eat all of my breakfast today. And I was feeling a little bit down.

So after that analysis - what would you advise I do now? Do I need to have some days on Phase 1 or is it ok to continue on Phase 2 and see what happens?

After I ate the chocolate I felt satisfied. I ate it 3 hours ago now, and have felt fine since.

Any advice please? I so dont want this to be a slipperly slope to falling off the Beach. I need damage limitation advice!
Old 07-29-2005, 11:52 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I don't think you need to go back to p1, just continue on, your were probably over hungry because you skipped a meal and a snack. You should try to eat all your meals and snacks even if you really don't feel hungry, and that will help to avoid the cravings. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:57 AM   #3  

I think you are fine... one slip up and getting right back on plan ..it happens Artemis!
Old 07-29-2005, 11:59 AM   #4  
Kyemom

You will be fine...just get back on your towel & lay on the beach.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:38 PM   #5  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Artemis I agree with the rest of the gang. I have found that if I don't eat right one day sometimes the next day I end up with cravings. I noticed that in the beginning of P2 I would have a harder time figuring it out. Now I seem to be able to listen to my body better and know that what I need is food or water.

I have found though that if I just eat a little bit more OP food and drink a little bit more water on the day that I am craving it will usually cure my cravings. My mind and mouth are usually saying junk food but what my body really needs is just more food or water to make up for what I didn't get yesterday (sometimes the mind & mouth win ). I have also found that when I am really craving chocolate I actually am needing water most of the time. I go and drink 8oz of water and then if I still want chocolate I go ahead and have some but just watch the portion control. Sometimes drinking a diet soda pop will stop the chocolate craving also.

However, if it is something that is nagging at me for several days I go ahead and eat a very small amount of it (usually one or two small bites will do it) before it gets to the point I will go get a whole bag of chocolate (or whatever I can't stop thinking about) and set down and eat all of it.

And remember you can have chocolate on P2. Beachgal said she tries to stick to 1oz a week of dark chocolate. Make sure to check the P2 list on here. You didn't do anything wrong unless of course it causes you to have cravings again. Then you may need to rethink eating chocolate very often.

Hang in there!! And bravo for you for stopping and thinking about what and why you were doing what you were doing. Thinking about what you are doing is a good part of the battle we are always having with ourselves and what we stick in our mouth. Took me a long time to figure this out and to not just impulse eat.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:13 PM   #6  

I agree with the above as well
Old 07-29-2005, 05:52 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Artemis, was it dark chocolate? You're allowed 1 oz a week of dark (or semisweet) chocolate a week in P2.

I don't think you need to redo P1...just watch yourself for more cravings, okay? If you get them, hop on P1 just until the cravings go away and then start P2 again. Just live and learn from your mistakes and make sure you don't get overhungry again, okay? As Dr. A says, it's a lot harder to raise your blood sugar after it falls than it is to keep it from falling in the first place.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Thank you Chicks!

Well I made it through the rest of the day totally OP, and I feel ok this morning, so it looks as if I may just have got away with it!

Also, thanks for making me aware of the dark chocolate. I can get very good quality 70% cocoa dark chocolate locally, it doesnt have a lot of sugar. I'll get that one in future!
Old 07-30-2005, 09:20 AM   #9  

Good girl!! WTG
Closed Thread