South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 10:20 AM   #16  

Ellis~~Thanks for the welcome!

Schatzi~~Your hilarious!! Good luck with the prospective buyers.

Soon2Bfab~~You'll be back to your ticker weight in no time!!

Flmom~~Hang in there!! That pb cup got me through many hard cravings. Even my 13 year old loved it! I noticed your a Navy wife. I am too. My husband is stationed in San Diego, but we live in Arizona. Long story.

Gryffgirl~~Sounds like a wonderful weekend!! Have a great time!!

I just realized this morning that when I was at the store yesterday the lady at the deli counter gave me regular pastrami instead of turkey pastrami. I'm kind of bummed. Is regular pastrami okay to have? I also got stuff to make the Taco Bake. Can't wait to try that. Also when I came home I did some bags of chicken dump and froze those. I'm getting such wonderful ideas off of here. You girls are making this easy!!

Have a great day!!
Old 06-22-2005, 10:21 AM   #17  
Silicon Andy

Morning all! I'm off to a job interview in a few, although I actually hope that either I do not get this job or that it does not begin until August, as I do need this little vacation! Plus, we are actually going on vacation in a few weeks and then my sister and niece are visiting, so I'd like to be home with them. We'll see. At least it's practice, although it's not a teaching job and that makes me kind of sad.

I've decided to stay on phase 1 for as long as I can manage it. Thanks for the advice, ladies. I've been looking at the phase 1 recipes here and am excited to try some of them. I made roasted garbanzo beans already, which are mighty tasty! It's just gotten hot here, so using the oven has lost quite a bit of its charm. I did stock up on more veggies yesterday, so I'll work on eating those, and I found THE BEST jalepeno ranch dressing that has less than 1g of carbs and 0g sugar, which will make that easier. I've been thinking that peppers spread with laughing cow would be good.

For some reason, I didn't realize that peppers were ok. I guess I thought since some of them are "sweet" they'd be a no-no.

I have about 100 lbs to lose (really more like 105), so staying on phase 1 until the scale moves a bit would be a good idea.

I'm going to take Ellis's suggestion and grab some coffee before I head to the interview. Wish me luck (I think).
Old 06-22-2005, 10:31 AM   #18  

Good Morning Chicks,

This is a quick post to say hello and remind me I am still on SBD,day 3 Phase 1.
Yesterday was a little harder, but other than a sliver of cantaloupe I did great!!

Hello to each of you. Off to clean(ugh) and then organize home office.

Happy Summer on the Beach!!

Wanda
Old 06-22-2005, 10:42 AM   #19  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning...

this is a drive by. At my "lowest" yet (minus the 3 weeks I ate nothing last October) and hit 193.4 this AM

hugs to all you chickies!
Old 06-22-2005, 10:44 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Good MOrning chicks!
well, it's weigh in day again! - 2 lbs! woo hoo
and the lower number on my blood pressure was down to 81 in the normal range!! yay...the top number was 139...still needs to drop a bit to get it down in the normal range, but it's a lot lower than it was!
I'm only 1 lb from my goal for this month...but my exercise goal is toooo far away for me to reach!
I got my banana tree planted, I live close enough to the "tropical" zone that I can get away with planting it here...I'll just have to dig up the root in the fall and store it in a dry place. The garden center were I bought it actually had a real palm tree...about 10 ft tall! of course they wanted $700 for it and it has to be stored for the winter inside! They had already sold 3 of them!!!!!
Crazy people!
I have seen regular banana trees here with fruit on them...mine is a red banana tree and I don't know if red bananas are edible but they'd sure be cute!
My little lemon tree has lots of lemons on it! (sorry this should be on the gardening thread!)

Well, I've got to head to the gym..don't want to miss a day this week!!!
Old 06-22-2005, 10:46 AM   #21  

Talking Dancing Cow

Good morning ladies!

For those of you who don't know, I'm on day one of phase one here. Usually I'm a 2 meal girl: light lunch and really big dinner. No breakfast. I pretty much had to force myself to eat this morning. It was good (eggs and turkey bacon), but I just wasn't in the mood to eat. Do any of you have this problem?

I also attempted belly dancing for the first time this morning. Talk about funny! I wasn't very coordinated to say the least. Imagine a cow standing up on it's hind legs and attempting to dance. That's probably what I looked like. I did get a little better by the time I was done. I guess I just need a little practice.

Hubby and I are going to the movies tonight. That should be a big test of self-control. Wish me luck with that.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Toodles for now!

Christine
Old 06-22-2005, 10:50 AM   #22  

Morning! You guys are a lively bunch this morning.

I love the stork pose! I have a digital scale though so it's not so easy to manipulate.

I didn't offer the weight gods a twinkie, but yesterday (my weigh in day), I was finally down a pound! I've been stalled for I think three weeks. Wahoo. I checked again this morning just to make sure, and it is legitimate! So, I'm 187.4 and trying not to be bummed that last year this same time I was 178. I'll get there though...

Hope you all have a great OP day!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:34 AM   #23  
mary anne

Can you send some of that rain to Texas!!!! Mid 90's today!!!HOT HOT HOT!!!
Today I begin week 4. Haven't lost much in Phase II but I feel so much better and am in it for the long haul.
This weekend I am going on a girls weekend to Lake Travis. I am sure I can behave on the food...but the wine...8 ladies..no kids...no hubbies...lake house on the lake....I plan on doing some drinkin' LOL Maybe I should just eat lettuce and drink wine, it is made of grapes right:-)
Old 06-22-2005, 12:03 PM   #24  

Once again, this is such a hoppin' thread! Welcome, freckled frog

This will be a quickie, as Mr. Rogers is almost over and then the attention span...........yes, Mommy the former teacher does use TV to babysit (shame, shame.)

Anyway, I was really bummed most of the month because the scale is not really moving. I'm down a little bit this morning, but my ticker is still not legit by 1.5 lbs. But, I decided to measure myself yesterday, and what did I find? Down 2.5-3 inches on the waist, and 1.5-2 inches on each thigh. So, even though it's not my "official" measure in at Curves, I'll take it. I feel a lot better about things, because obviously I really AM buidling muscle! I'm looking forward to the body fat-o-meter at Curves next week, hopefully it will be down more!

Oh, and the sports bra is great. No shake, rattle, or roll. For anyone a bit larger on top, I really do recommend it. It's called the Enell sports bra and you can punch it in to any seach engine.

Okay, must go, a little almost three foot tall kiddo is now wide open.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:12 PM   #25  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

This thread is great

mameli- I use tv too LOL I don't even feel bad letting my 1.5yo watch sesame street while I make lunch. The 5yo can keep himself busy, finally!

mat0424- I was outside earlier and omg, started sweating immediately and it's only going to be about 90* today. These are the days that I miss the mild summers we had when DH was stationed in Wa state.

Christine - do you have a belly dancing video? Sounds like a fun way to exercise though I don't know that I would ever let DH watch me practice. It makes me uncomfortable when I know he's watching me do my walk away the pounds videos.

Phins - Banana trees are really nice. We have palm trees all over the place but we don't have any in our yard. I was actually excited when we looked at this house and it had a regular tree in the yard.

That's all I have time for... be back later.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:23 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaeli

This will be a quickie, as Mr. Rogers is almost over and then the attention span...........yes, Mommy the former teacher does use TV to babysit (shame, shame.)

Oh, and the sports bra is great. No shake, rattle, or roll. For anyone a bit larger on top, I really do recommend it. It's called the Enell sports bra and you can punch it in to any seach engine.

Okay, must go, a little almost three foot tall kiddo is now wide open.
Hey, I like Mr. Rogers. My dd is always telling me stuff that I have no idea where she learns it. TV isn't all bad. I'm going to check out that bra. I hate bouncing all over the place.

Lydia, mom to a tornado
Old 06-22-2005, 12:49 PM   #27  
A Lily from my yard!

Just a quick lil drive by while I am home for lunch! Time to get back to work now after I caught up on the daily! lol Great rest of the day to you all!

Anchor...I'm thinkin Sept. now instead of Oct. She says she is not gonna take 12 weeks now so who knows! lol
Old 06-22-2005, 01:03 PM   #28  

i sprained my right elbow in my sleep.....stop laughing....

iam in a cast...and very uncomfortable....waaaaaaa......

so thats my day today.....iam still working hahaha
Old 06-22-2005, 01:16 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm sooooo sorry for you to have to wear a cast especially in the summertime!!!
I hope it gets better very quickly!!
Old 06-22-2005, 02:00 PM   #30  

thanks...its only for 2 weeks...but still......soooo uncomfortable
Closed Thread