South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 10:26 AM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Sunday morning, chickies.

Sassygal, do be careful with that back. I'm lucky with mine....so far!

SoCalBirdlady, our winters are way too severe for most roses - hybrid teas kill above the graft! I do have some hardy shrub roses though.

Anchorweight, what a funny report on your socal life. You must have throughly enjoyed yourself!

Hottie, I love Hibiscus but it's not winter hardy around here. In Bermuda, there were hedges of them - just gorgeous!

I know I'm missing comments but I've got to get some things done before it's time to start lunch. As soon as I get out of my Church duds, I'm hopping onto the treadmill for a bit. After that I hope it's dry enough out there to do some garden stuff.

What's happening with you this sunny Sunday?
Old 05-15-2005, 11:31 AM   #17  

Morning, everyone! Yesterday was a busy day. I did get in a good workout at the Powerflex class in the morning. I used two ten pound weights on my heavy bar and I could really feel the difference. I am definitely a bit sore this morning but it is a good kind of sore.

In the afternoon, we went to a friend's First Communion. My son really wants to get his so I think we are going to have to investigate the two churches closest to us and see if we can join. Sometimes they can be a bit picky since we are both divorced and my previous wedding was a Catholic one. I really do want to raise Brian in a church though and we have been procrastinating enough. We stayed at our friend's house for the rest of the day. Luckily she had pretty healthy food so I was able to stay on plan (although I did have one a taste of dessert that I shouldn't have).

Lots of Cub Scout stuff going on today to prepare for Twilight Camp as well as an emergency committee meeting so I had better go plan meals and get to the grocery store while I still have time.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:10 PM   #18  

Confession time...I had 2 bites of a cookie type cake and not enough water. Everything else was op. The party was at a park with a huge childrens playground so I got some exercise.

Lydia
Old 05-15-2005, 03:22 PM   #19  
A Lily from my yard!

Oh Ruth if only there was a connection of man bashin and the mattress!! I did get my new mattress today. I told Kevin I may never get out of bed now! Too bad he won't join me! I am fixin to get ready to go get DS. I'm goin by myself today. I need to get gas. We took my car to town lastnight and I think DH would have a stroke or something if he had to actually pump gas in my car! He always leaves it on empty. Well the dryer just buzzed. He has a uniform for work now...dress pants and an oxford shirt and he can take them in and have them wash them but can he remember that nooooooo then I have to wash them at the last minute! I asked him what day is pick up if I have to I will start puttin em in his car myself! lol I sure am glad he is travelin next week I think I need a break! lol Have a good afternoon all!

Anchor...Keep your distance you sure don't need him and his baggage! lol
Old 05-15-2005, 06:10 PM   #20  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi guys,

Bami - My XFIL would take his wife's car to the gas station 2-3 times a week to make sure the tank was always full. Unfortunately his son would stroke if he had to put gas in my car and if he did he would put like two bucks in! What the h**l is up with that? I would have given him the money back - just fill the stinking thing up! Add that to the list of why we aren't married anymore.

Ruth - yes we loved each other very much long ago but he is an old fashioned rich German farm boy and I always had my sights set for the city - art, culture, museums, good restaurants. Opposites attract and can sometimes - not be the best thing for each other. I've been an artist all my life and the bohemian way of life has always suited me. He never could manipulate me with his money. (Stupid me - I'd be driving a Mercedes and never have worked a day in my life ) Some day when DS is grown and gone I will have a loft downtown in the winter and something on Lake Michigan in the summer.

Barb - you can have DS make his first communion without you guys being part of the church. I'm divorced and the church doesn't recognize the
X's and my marriage. I'm actually the X's 3rd wife (how the heck did I miss that? ) They however are smart enough to realize that it isn't DS's fault and they want him to become a good Catholic. Despite his parents problems. We have what is called the "Catholic Information Society" here in West Michigan where any Catholic can take their children to be baptized, confirmed or 1st communioned without officially belonging. There has to be some kind of cachecism or something around you. He will need to do his first reconciliation and then first communion.

Well I was good all weekend and today I blew it. Starbucks frappachino and pizza. I decided while slurping down the frappachino - 26 grams of sugar chicks - that I need something major! I'm bored to tears with everything and it is my fault because I haven't been making dinners ahead or anything so I just keep eating the same things over and over. So I decided that I'm going to try the "French Women Don't Get Fat" book diet for awhile but I will adapt it over to be SBD friendly. The basic gist of the book is portion control. Most of it is SBD friendly except the fruit. So I will do away with the fruit for the first two weeks and then add back in SBD friendly food. But I have to eat Leek soup for the first two days. My DF walked in when I was cooking it and said what the is that? I told him diet soup and he laughed and said - no one will get fat eating that! I'm also going to cut out the drinkies for awhile because they have been screwing me up with empty calories. So tomorrow is crack down day I figure leek soup for two days will make P1 seem like a dream. I will covert to P1 on Wednesday.

Look at me all long winded. I'm sure that the leek soup is going to make me really crabby. Poor world. See ya tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:02 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

I was just wondering if anyone knew if Parsnips were ok to eat in Phase 2?
It was an ingredient in some curried lentil stew I made and froze pre SBD.
But I couldn't find Parsnips anywhere...they're kinda like carrots so I'm assuming they're ok. If not, I'll just scrape them to the side when I eat this.
thanks
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 05-15-2005, 07:27 PM   #22  
A Lily from my yard!

Amy...I can so relate! I told him the day I had surgery if he would put gas in my car I would pay him back but nooooo. My x used to put gas in my car all the time. Even when we dated he would put gas in it and never one time let me pay for it. But it's all the other things that makes him my X! He wanted to fill up my tank and everyone else's! Not DS dad the one after him before this one! lol Well I'm off to put DH a pizza in the oven. It's Survivor night! Tomorrow I am back on the beach!
Old 05-15-2005, 11:39 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Ruth - I weigh myself almost every day as well.. people are always telling me not to, however I find it sometimes keeps me in check. Mostly it's just a cheaper addiction than Starbucks coffee..

-Aimee
Closed Thread