South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 07:20 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend Chat - April 30 and May 1

Wow! The month is gone and it's time to update our April weightloss targets and set some new ones for May. I'll try to do that in a few minutes.

I was awake at three with an over-active brain and finally got up before five when Lucy hollered. Today is Opening Day at Lorraine's Greenhouse. I need to be there for ten and have a few things to do before then - like write the Church Bulletin and print it off!

So grab a coffee or tea and gab a bit. We can't sit on the deck again today because it's too darn wet and cold. Enough with the April Showers already! The trilliums are just about ready to open in the woods and the Bloodroot is already open - on sunny days anyhow. What a lovely time of year!

What's happening round your Beach Towel this weekend?
Old 04-30-2005, 10:32 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

I had a wonderful time with Ruth yesterday! Harry is a sweetheart. And very handsome.
I'm totally in love with Hershey and Lucy. Oh my gosh, you should see them. They're like big, cuddly, soft toys, and you just want to pick them up and hug them.
Ruth's house is terribly elegant in some rooms, and cozy and comfortable in others. I was honored to be treated to a yummy lunch in the very formal dining room.
Damn, I can't believe I forgot my camera! (go figure, Sil)

Ruth, I'm so ticked that the garden centre wasn't open yesterday! I would have bought a TON of stuff! Lorraine's setup is fantastic. I only hope I can find here in the city some of the plants she's got.
Those lovely little pansy things you gave me have made DH's car smell delicious.

Soon2bfab, I hope that the transition of moving to a nursing home goes well for your Mom. That must be tough for all of you. Big hugs, sweetie...

Tara, I know how you must feel about your dear grandmother. My parents were "older" when they had my sister and I. (40 and then 42) I spent a great deal of my teen years worrying about them (for nothing, as it turns out!). Dad was 79 when he died, but apart from the damned cancer, he was very very fit. Mom will be 80 this year, and she looks about 65 and acts about 40. We're not close (although she thinks we are), but I do admire her zest for life. She's a charmer and a babe.
You're so blessed to have such a woman in your life. She sounds a wonderful person... a gift that you will always have.

Bamie, thanks, hon. I think of you and your Mom everyday. I hope that she's doing well.
How did the game go? Did you win?

Jamie, I'm so sorry about your secretary's father. I've said prayers for them.
I hope you have a wonderful time doing the March of Dimes today... good for you!!

Sil... thanks, sweetie. You know how much I think about you and your Mom.
How's your beautiful house and garden? I've just written, "PHOTOS!!!" on my desk pad, and I will get at it this weekend if it kills me.

Amy, thanks for the hugs, hon. I'm glad you're recovering, and I hope DS gets over his cold soon.
It sounds like a "heavy" weekend. Enjoy the service (two ties? Is he going to wear them both? ), and try not to get into a fist fight with your X-inlaws afterwards. I'll be thinking about you, sweetie... hang in there!

Barb, have a wonderful weekend off! You deserve it, hon!
90 degrees! Well, that doesn't seem right at all! It's darned chilly up here!!

Laurie, you're a good friend... thank you. I wish you'd been with us yesterday. I wish ALL of you had been with us!
So sorry about the sourdough, hon. That happens so easily. The two pounds will come off... I'll betcha by tomorrow.
I do hope your friend is alright... she'll come through this with good friends like you.

Sassy, you've reminded me that I need to put some swingin' music on cds! DS and I were listening to some online the other day, and we were dancing to it and having a RIOT!

Dear SoCal... I've been thinking about you and your Dad. You know you're in my prayers, sweetie. Even with that darned Alzheimers, he knows and feels your love.
Delta is 1 1/2 hours from Ottawa. It took me two hours to get there (I got lost once, so not too bad), and 1 1/2 hours to get home. (thanks to a map from Ruth)
It was a lovely drive in the country, and it was a real blessing to have a sunny day, as we'd had rain all week, and it's back again today! It was a real respite.
I saw wild turkeys on the road (geez, they're ugly), sheep (I only see them here in the city at The Experimental Farm), and a front garden containing a bathtub, a sink, and a toilet.

Last night I went to IKEA with my sister. She's 6 1/2 months pregnant, and she's HUGE! But she looks absolutely beautiful.
Can I lose about 60 pounds in 2 1/2 months? Because I'm tired of being the fat big sister.

Need more coffee... talk to you later, girls!
Old 04-30-2005, 10:37 AM   #3  

Oh, one more thing. Ruth took me into her church (lovely!), and she had the audacity to ring the bell!!
Old 04-30-2005, 11:11 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Mornin lil Chickies and roosters! lol

Ruth & Ellis...It sounds like y'all had a wonderful time yesterday! I'm so glad!

Busy day today! My DS and her DH and their 2 kids are coming today. Her DH is goin with my DH and DD to the race tomorrow. It should be a fun weekend! She has a 4 year old and he can be a lil rowdy thing at times but is soooo cute!. lol I still need to be cleaning. I did get the guest room cleaned up! We lost the 4 o'clock game so had to play at 8 lastnight and lost it as well! So we are done playin soccer til Aug. when we start our rec league. Which we have sign ups for the next 3 weeks. Well I better get moving. It seems I slept in this morning. It's kind of dark out and i thought it was about 8 and looked at the clock and it was 9:30! Callin for rain off and on today. That means I can skip mopping the livingroom floor! lol No need when it's wet outside. (Good excuse anyway!)

Have a great day all and I'll try to catch y'all later!
Old 04-30-2005, 11:30 AM   #5  
gotta lose it!

Wow, not a lot of chicks pecking in this morning. I made turkey bacon & mock french toast for dbf & myself. It was yummy, he was impressed! I have to work tonight, but DBF is going to the velvet revolver concert tonight at the palace....it's not fair =(
At least the weather is a little yucky...maybe it will keep people away.
Ellis & Ruth - It sounds like you two had lots of fun yesterday!!!
Bamie - have fun cleaning & visiting with the family!!!
I gotta get ready for work - yuck!!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 11:36 AM   #6  
Tina

Soon2be-I just noticed you are in Michigan when I read 'the Palace'...where abouts are you? I'm in Berkley.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:37 AM   #7  
gotta lose it!

Royal Oak....I'm close!
Old 04-30-2005, 11:40 AM   #8  
Tina

Oh how funny!! small world, eh? Maybe when we both get really skinny we can meet up at the zoo or something with the kids...do you have just the one? I've got two, DS is 7, DD is 15 months.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:45 AM   #9  
gotta lose it!

Twice...the little one in my picture is my niece Kloe. She's 19 months & she lives 5 hours away. I'm not married, living with my bf & my cat! But I'll still meet up with you!
Well I have to go....working today. I work near Somerset...so you can only imagine my pain twice! =)
Old 04-30-2005, 11:48 AM   #10  
Tina

Okie dokie, I gotcha...she looks like a lil sweetie! Ahhhh yes, Somerset...how I love to go shopping there...but hate being surrounded by perfect shaped women that can probably afford a personal trainer/cook, We have to head out by Great Lakes Crossing today for a b-day party for a friend of DS...you have a great day!
Old 04-30-2005, 01:26 PM   #11  

Good Morning!

Getting a late start but I am sure that NOBODY will feel sorry for me. I was up late because we went to see Cher last night -- what a show!

Now I need to go back to the office today to do all the things that didn't get done because I rushed out in time for dinner before the show. But first, a little peckin' in:

Ruth - Wish I could send you some of this nice sunny weather we are having today! I could also use a gardening consult. Do you grow many herbs? That is what I am trying to do this year. So you had the "audacity" to ring the church bell? You go, girl! We need more audacity. I can only imagine what a lovely church it must be. One thing I recall vividly about my one trip to Eastern Canada as a child was European style architecture like I had never seen before. By the way, my curiosity got the better of me and I tried to do a Mapquest from Ottawa to Delta...and there were only two towns by that name: one near Winnipeg, and the other near Victoria, BC! You must REALLY be out in the country for Mapquest to have missed you.

Ellis - Thank you for the kind words. I am very lucky, my father is still able to live at home and is just extremely forgetful, a little obsessive/compulsive and often can't say the right words. My mom even takes him to his Friday morning breakfast club. They call themselves "ROMEOS" -- Retired Old Men Eating Out. I know he gets on her nerves (a lot) but she is doing extremely well with it all things considered. He could not possibly manage on his own. I am very lucky to have 85 year old parents who are reasonably self sufficient. Fortunately, they only live about 1/2 hour away so if they need me I can get there easily. They are stubborn, though, and ask for help only as a very last resort. I would like to see them move to residential/assisted living but they flatly refuse.

Bamiegirl - You gotta sleep in sometimes! Good for you. Save the energy for the kiddies -- don't you wish they could give you some?

Check in with everybody later.

BirdLady
Old 04-30-2005, 10:47 PM   #12  
gotta lose it!

twicebless....I can assure you that some of those women starve themselves. I know, they are VERY grouchy & I have to wait on them! UGH! I don't actually work at Somerset,. I work at Midtown, but I get the same customers....demanding & b**chy!
Old 05-01-2005, 06:38 AM   #13  
gotta lose it!

WOW, am I the only one up this morning? I'm getting ready for another wonderful day at work - ugh! Weighed myself again today (I know, I know.) I'm down 1/2 pounds --darn TOM. At least I'm not gaining.
I'm off to the shower & work for some abuse - have a great Sunday!!
Old 05-01-2005, 07:24 AM   #14  

I'm up!
Soon2bfab, I hope the day passes by quickly for you.

Bamie, I hope you're having fun with that lovely little 4 year old! They're SO sweet at that age.

SoCal, I know what you mean about "stubborn" parents. My parents never let my sister and I do ANYTHING! When we were digging plants out of my (almost 80 year old) mother's garden this week, I grabbed her wheelbarrow to take it to my car, and she said, "Give me that! That's too heavy for you!" We had a tussle over it, but I won.
You saw Cher!?!? You lucky girl, you! That must have been a riot! She's such a "show girl".

I had a lovely, lazy day yesterday. Slept in until 8:30 (a big deal for me!), then felt that I was coming down with DH's cold, and spent almost the entire day in the attic, cozied up under the blankets with books and food (go figure).
I got up every now and then when a burst of energy hit, did some cleaning/tidying, then crawled back into bed when I was hit with a wave of weakness.

Back later!
Old 05-01-2005, 07:53 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning.

Gosh, Ellis, I felt like that yesterday too! In my case, I think it was from the pain meds, not from being up close and personal with Harry who never gets sick, by the way. He just has heart attacks and strokes instead!

The Greenhouse Opening went well yesterday and lots of baskets and planters were sold. Those things are heavy but Sally Strong Arm was working too so I got off easy. I came home early and had a long afternoon nap. My sister Joan and BIL Peter showed up late afternoon and stayed for drinks (used my new ice bucket!) We had a late supper and I had an early bed and slept until nearly 6 this morning!

I'm off to Church shortly with a dog in tow and then plan to be home for the rest of the day. I will be making a batch of dogfood and lugging the wine in from the car. I made it last Tuesday and forgot about it until now!

Catch you all later.
Closed Thread