South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 10:38 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I am having a decent first day, I had to go grocery shopping this morning, so my breakfast wasn't the best, but everything else has been great! I have even had 56oz of water so far! Which is a lot for this girl..

How long did you gals wait to add exercise in? I am just continuing with my exercise program, I don't want to take time off for the fear that I might not get back on it.

-Aimee
Old 04-21-2005, 10:50 PM   #32  

I don't have a regular exercise routine anymore. I would say keep working out if you have something you are used to. It is always better to eat right and exercise.

I just hate it, personally.

good night
Jamie
Old 04-23-2005, 02:26 PM   #33  

Hello Ladies,
I had restarted ph 1 on monday and today when I weight in I had lost 1.8lbs. I also cheated two days. I have lost the big urge for sweets, but I am going to continue back on ph 1 for another week.
My biggest problem is incorportating the veggies. I need to work harder at that.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:40 PM   #34  

Patty - congrats on the loss!! Veggies can be a pain.. I discovered spaghetti squash, which doesn't taste like a veggie to me (I also smother it in sauce and parmesan cheese), it's the easiest way for me to get a veggie in. Keep it up!

I am on day 3, I had a MAJOR cheat yesterday, I was out all day and the most healthy choice I could make was no sugar added organic frozen fruit, w/ FF sugar free organic yogurt blended with ice. Even with that though, I am still down. I have 11 days to go! Woohoo!

-Aimee
Old 04-24-2005, 07:11 PM   #35  

Aimee - How do you cook spag. squash? I went looking for in in my local grocery store but they didn't have it. I am going to try another one tomorrow.

thanks,
Old 04-24-2005, 09:47 PM   #36  

Patty - I buy mine at a little market, it only sells fruits and veggies. Get a small one! When I cook a small one it makes 3 meals! I put it in the over at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, and then check it every 10 minutes after that. I find it takes about 30-40 minutes depending. I cut it in half length-wise, put it face down on a pan. It's ready when it's stringy, but not mushy. Its not as good when it's overdone, so keep checking it. When it's done, let it cool for a few minutes, and then take a fork and scrape it, you'll see which way to do it. Also, what I do is put butter or margarine, just to help get rid of some of that taste. Well, this was long winded, I hope you got it If you need to know anything else, lemme know!

-Aimee
Old 04-25-2005, 10:00 AM   #37  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Today is the beginning of week number 2 on SBD. I weighed and have lost 5.6 pounds for the first week so I am pleased. I would love to have some "bad" carbs but will not give in as I want and need this weight to go away and never come back! I am getting sick of the eggs so I am reading some posts to try to get some alternative ideas on how to handle that problem.

How did everyone else do on the first week?

Jacque

Old 04-25-2005, 09:36 PM   #38  

Hello ladies,

Aimee - thanks for the info. I"m going to try it this week, we'll as soon as I can find it.

Jacque - 5.6lbs. YOU GO GIRL!, that is great. As for me I lost 1.8lbs, but had 3 somewhat cheat meals. So i'm very please with that.

What type of exercise are you all doing?
Old 04-25-2005, 11:59 PM   #39  

I've lost 6 pounds so far, but today I had a major slip up. I was out ALL day, hadn't planned to be, and ended up trying to find SOMETHING to eat and found a caesar salad wrap with chicken. And then faced with ice cream, which is never a temptation for me, but TOM arrived today, and things went crazy. And to top THAT off, someone gave me my fav cookie.. eek! Bad BAD Aimee! But I got right back on plan with dinner.

Jacque - congrats on that loss! You rock

Patty - thats a good loss, you are only 23 pounds away from your goal

-Aimee
Old 04-26-2005, 12:26 AM   #40  

Lightbulb Starting Over Feels Great

Hi I am glad to be back writing to anyone who want's to read. I just looked at my last post and it was in March. Though this might be pathetic, I will not beat myself up or feel ashamed. I am in this for a lifetime change and for the first time in my life I am admitting that I need to have support. This is the first day that I have started back on SB. I lost some weight the last time and was doing great and then I just quit for some reason. I cant understand why I start to watch my diet and cut out bad habits, excersize and feel better and then poof it's like it never happend. I always seem to "forget" about the new habits that I learn. I will do my best this time. I am on the road to better things..
Old 04-26-2005, 07:16 AM   #41  

Aimee-- I have also been having a few cheats. But I am happy to report that I weighed 145.5 So down my pound gain and then another .5. So that makes me happy.

I made my steel cut oats in the crockpot and have been eating them for breakfast with some french vanilla creamer and walnuts mixed in. I think I will take it for lunch today because I won't have time for a more substaintial lunch.

I am making one of the 3FC low carb slow cooker chicken meals for dinner. Something with italian seasoning and cream cheese. I am using 1/3 less fat kind though, so hopefully it is OP. My husband wants me to make artichokes, but I don't know how to
uh oh!

Lets keep this thread going guys. I like know who is in the same place as me, and there are so many new names. Its great, I just can't keep people seperated.

have a good OP day.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:09 AM   #42  

Jamie - I cheated badly yesterday.. and paid for it today! I put on 1.5 pounds! Ugh! I am kicking myself today! After 5 days on plan, that means I've only really lost 3 pounds, I guess all I can do is stay on plan and hope for the best!

I am off to work, stay on plan gals!

-Aimee
Old 04-26-2005, 03:37 PM   #43  
Mary Ellen :D

Hi all. I just started P1 yesterday. I have been doing sbd since last summer with nice results but I've been really really bad lately. I thought i'd go back to P1 to get all those bad cravings out of my system.
Aimee - I LOVE spaghetti squash too. It really gets me through my pasta cravings.
Chrissy - good luck. It's good to see that you have a positive attitude about starting over. I'm sure you'll do great.
Patty - I try to excercise 3 times a week - treadmill (while watching tv at the gym) or just walking outside during my lunch since it's getting nice outside. I also just started incorporating weights into my workouts since the more muscle you have the faster your metabolism is supposed to get. I even joined a 5mile run/walk in july so that I have something that will make me excercise. I'm sure I will just walk the 5 miles (hopefully) but it helps to have something to strive for.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:46 PM   #44  

Hello Ladies,

Aimee - the thing is to get back on track. In life we will always have slips, or TOM, or stress, the key is to just get back on track.

Bobolvr78 - WTG for signing up for a fun run. I need to do that too.

Jamie- I need to start cooking more. Where did you get your recipes?

Chrissy - Don't beat your selfup too badly. Your back and that is the important thing.

I need to start some type of exercise program. I guess by the time I get home, i'm so tired, or stressed that I don't want to do anything. I'm at the point in my weight where I will start to stall, then I get impatient, then I gain. I need to get past this.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:10 AM   #45  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

I started ph1 over on Monday April 26th. My husband swears I've been on ph1 for a solid month now! I guess I have because if a cheat in the slightest I start over. I wasn't really sure what to do so ........that's what I did! I lost 10 lbs after doing ph1 for 2 weeks and I've maintained that but I felt like I wasn't giving it 100% when I slipped up and ate a piece of chicken off of the grill that had bbq sauce on it! Although I get really sick of salads, I feel good when I'm doing ph1. Also, some brand new capris that I bought about a week ago(they were snug on me/size14) are literally falling off of me now! Any advice or suggestions for me? Yesterday this is what I had: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, a glass of 1% milk, 2 cups of coffee, a bottle of water, String cheese, Salad w/ cauliflower, romaine, green leaf lettuce, radishes, spring onion, celery, mushrooms,tuna,and cucumber, water, sf jello w light cool whip, sirloin burger w/ grilled onions & mushrooms & salad (like above) Tell me whatcha think! I think I need more water. Everytime I'm thirsty I get some and I keep a sports bottle full and constantly drink from it but somehow it still seems like I'm not drinking enough! Well, good luck ladies! I'll keep ya informed on my progress! TARA
Closed Thread