South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 08:17 AM   #16  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up One day down!

I made it through day one with not much grief. I think my mindset is really ready this time to succeed. I have alot going on in my life and that usually stresses me out but for some reason this time it is occupying my time and I am not thinking about food constantly. Hope that continues!

I showed a loss this morning. I know, I know, don't weigh everyday. Bad habit of mine whether heavy or light! Too bad I did not listen to the scales when I needed to!!!!

Hope everyone has a great on program day today!

Jacque

Old 04-19-2005, 08:45 AM   #17  

Christy, how about calling us the spring losers? LOL
Wendy, welcome! You will love it here. You can do this!!!!
I weigh daily, I don't think there's anything wrong with that, especially at first. I like to know where I'm at. The trick is that you don't get discouraged by what the scale says.

Welcome all the new ones! We're thrilled to have you. You will find tons of support here.

Jenn
Old 04-19-2005, 10:16 AM   #18  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Wendy welcome to the sand!

I weigh all the time! I'm a scale ho! lol I am down the 3 pounds I went up over the w-end! WooHoo! I know that was water weight! lol If I had weighed all the time before I probably would have never gained as much as I did. I know when I used to be thin I weighed all the time and if I was up a few pounds I would be sure to get them off quickly. I know some say don't weigh everyday but i think you just have to do what is right for you.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:12 PM   #19  

Well, I have already had a tiny cheat. I had 4 M&M's today at school. Just shoot me now.

I like the name Spring losers. Hopefully by fall we will be fall winners!

I am super excited because my walking partner has decided to start the diet. She recently gained some weight and is feeling pretty down about it, and so we talked, and she is on Day 9 and is really seeing results. Such progress.

Bamie: We have the same tracker numbers, ( just always forget to post it) I am really struglgling to hit 145.

talk to you later
Jamie
Old 04-19-2005, 07:19 PM   #20  
A Lily from my yard!

Jamie...You'll make it! I wanna kick myself everytime I think about how I was at 142 headin into the 30's and BAM! I blew it! But I am back in now cause I am headin to the beach for real in June. I ain't tryin to get in no swim suit but I would like to wear shorts without feelin like I have jello legs! lol I am only 5'2" so I have short chubby legs! lol
Old 04-19-2005, 10:20 PM   #21  

Hello Ladies,
Day 2 of SBD and boy was I tempted today. But I kept on track. Having a hard time drinking my water though.

Bamiegurl - I to am short, my goal is to be able to "tuck" in my shirt and feel good doing it. I don't think I have tucked in my blouse or shirt in 5 years.

ps I like the name spring losers too..

Last edited by 1day@atime; 04-19-2005 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:36 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

I am so excited to start!! I missed going grocery shopping tonight, I have some groceries, hopefully enough to last me thru Thursday. Yay! I'm gonna be skinnier Spring losers, sounds pretty good to me. I'm also heading to the real beach, but in July, for 2 weeks.. with people who remember me at 163 pounds, NOT at the 261 I weighed this morning. Scary, I know I can't get to a size 5 by then.. but anything is better than nothing RIGHT! Last summer I ventured to the beach in a size 18 bathingsuit, at 271 pounds, so this year can only be better, RIGHT! Keep it up gals, you can do it!!

Active - are you ready to start on Thursday?

-Aimee
Old 04-20-2005, 08:50 AM   #23  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Ahh.... Wednesday. Such an odd day. It's not Monday, but still the weekend is sooo far away!!

I was in the blahs yesterday staying home with DS who was sick. I have lost my gains from the weekend and down one more pound.

Dinner: Grilled Fajita Steak (Lean cut of beef seasoned and grilled whole, then sliced)
Grilled onions, peppers and mushrooms, Broccoli.

SF fudgcicle for dessert

I avoided the leftover cake from Sunday! (ALthough it looked really good!) I also avoided the ice cream DH bought - No Sugar Added, but it's cookies and cream so there is still wheat etc in it.

DD has one more day of testing, but she has the cough now.... I might be picking her up after the test!

Hang in the Spring Losers!!!
Old 04-20-2005, 09:41 PM   #24  

Hello Ladies,
Got on the scale and looks like 1lb loss already. Today I went off SBD. I was away on a site visit and my supplier brought in food. Of course it was BBQ with the works. I had some BBQ and some pinto beans. I'm really proud of myself cause I skipped the PotatoSalad and the dessert.

Swimgirl - the key for me is to have prepared food on hand. Good luck with you start tomorrow. I know you can do it!

Hottie - I noticed your from Texas, where at? I'm in Dallas.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:50 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 173/172/125

Height: 5'3"

Ladies... I'm jeolous. I've done this faithfully since Saturday. No cheats and wicked cravings but no cheats.

Today I had:
B: 2 eggs with 1 slice lf bacon
No Snack wasnt hungry
Lunch: Chef Salad with 1/2 pkg ranch dressing
No snack wasn't hungry
Dinner: Meatloaf, no filler on mine and steamed green beans with almonds. SF fudgescicle for a snack.

I've not budged the scale from 160. I think I'm not drinking enough water. ITs kind of frustrating, but as long as the cravings go away, I'll be happy.

amy
Old 04-21-2005, 02:39 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

I know for me the most important thing is to have veggies with every meal or snack, and to make sure to have pickles in my fridge for cravings! After I eat a pickle, or two, I just don't want to put anything sweet, or anything really into my mouth. I am excited to start tomorrow, mostly because I am ready to feel better, and to look better! My 2 week summer vacation is in July (I'm very very excited for it), gotta look good! I'll see you all tomorrow!

-Aimee
Old 04-21-2005, 12:37 PM   #27  

Amy,
The scale didn't move for me until I loaded up on veggies. Force yourself to have veg for your snacks. I usually slice a cucumber and a red pepper and munch on those. Broccoli is good too. Whatever veggies you like, eat em! Water, water, water. I've started putting lemons or limes in mine to help. I always considered some lettuce and cheese a salad. LOL...it's not. Load that thing up with veggies and you'll be surprised, that scale should move!
The cravings will go away, but it takes a while. There are times when I still want something sweet or carby (but I was/am a MAJOR stress eater)...
Keep it up, you'll get there!!!!!

Jenn
Old 04-21-2005, 10:14 PM   #28  

I know the feeling of being stuck.. I haven't budged belo 146 in almost 2 months. I have blossomed back to 153, but can't seem to hit and stay at 145. My Goal is 140 by 4/17/05. Oops, missed that! But 25 pounds lost in the past year is pretty damn good if I say so!

I know I need to eat more veggies with meals. I just don't see how broccoli at breakfast works. I also need to exercise. The school year is ending and we are so busy. I have no time. My BF from high school is on day 10 of P1 and is down 10 pounds, but this is the first time she has eaten healthy in her life. I am so proud of her. We have promised to help each other exercise this summer. I have 2 big vacations this summer. June 8-15 DH and I are going to Orlando, and July 6-8 we are going to Chicago for a romantic weekend. I really want to be smoken for both and not ashamed in my swimming suit.

(Sorry if it sounds like a rant, I really just need to continually remind myself. And I know you chicas with understand)

Have a good night
Jamie
Old 04-21-2005, 10:17 PM   #29  

[QUOTE=Bamiegurl]

I'm a scale ho! lol

That sure is funny stuff!
Old 04-21-2005, 10:37 PM   #30  

Hey Beach Buddies,

I know it is late and school is ending for me also Louise, I haven't exercised either.
I am starting Ph 1 ( againr) tomorrow. DH says he can do this for one week, I'll take it. I am so incredible tired. I think detox will help. I have really learned a lot from this board, ie,. you really need to eat your veggies and drink your water. Can't wait.

Take care and thanks for always being on the beach!!
ACtive
Closed Thread