South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 06:03 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat - April 6

Good morning! Join me for a coffee because I really need one this morning!

Still no hot water! The techies showed up mid-afternoon and told me the motor has drowned and needs to be replaced. They will be back “first thing” this morning with a new motor. I told them my fist thing was 5 AM but they don’t start until 7:30. I must say that washing in cold water certainly is refreshing but I sure miss my tubby time with the bubbles.

I succumbed to a couple of oatmeal cookies last night before bed and have an 8.6 BGL this morning to show for it! Duh! I’m going to have to watch that for sure! They weren’t even good oatmeal cookies! I realized today that my weight has barely budged since Harry’s stroke and that’s 19 months ago. I guess I’m a stress eater!

Most of yesterday was spent in the basement sorting out junk and getting wet boxes ready to go to the dump on Thursday. I’m not going to complain too much in front of some of the village folk who are just now slowly getting their houses back and have incredible crud to deal with. Their wells are considered contaminated, all septic and sewage sytems need to be inspected and basements need to be disinfected as soon as all the water is gone. Since eight logs were removed from the dam to help lower the water level, the Lower Lake is now too high but that’s not as big a problem as there are just summer places there with no basements.

Since I’ve got these two technicians coming this morning, there’ll be no greenhouse, alas. I do plan to get started on outdoor cleanup today as soon as I know I’ll be able to wash up with hot water! I’ve started a list of Sarah jobs and will start using her next week, I think. I have to play it by ear as more rain is predicted and you can’t do much when walking on squishy clay soil.

No noise from downstairs as yet and it’s still dark out. I think I'll go downstairs and bark at them for a change!
Old 04-06-2005, 06:46 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Ruthie, I am so sorry to hear about all this water damage, that really sucks. I am a stress eater as well, although depending on how stressed I am, sometimes I don't eat at all. I think that you are a incredible woman I can only strive to be like you when I grow up. (wink) You always seem to be in control. Remember to take care of you. Hopefully that hotwater thingy will be fixed and you can have you bubble bath. Well I must run the window guys will be here before I know it and I need to get some laundry started. Have a great day on the beach chicks.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I hope all your water problems are taken care soon, that's really a shame about all your neighbors homes. We had a lot of flooded out homes in our area, too, thank God we didn't have any problems.

L.C. , All your inconvenience will be well worth it once your new windows are in. We replaced our windows several years ago, and what a difference! Speaking of windows, it's high time to wash mine, better put it on my "to do ASAP" list!

Ellis, that is so tragic about the fire! It makes a person want to gather their family close and hug them. My prayers go out to the victims.

AidaFaith, CONGRATULATIONS! Have you set a date yet? I don't know where Fleetwood is, but I've heard of it. I never had a "split" either, but now I'm curious to find out just what they are. I live about 30 miles west of Philly, although the city moves a little closer to us every day!

Yesterday was a beautiful day and today is supposed to be even better. I'll have the little ones today and we are going to pack a picnic and spend the day at the park. I got some gardening done yesterday and transplanted all my Easter flowers outside. Yikes, look at the time! I better leave now so I can fit in my Curves!

BAMIE, how is everything going?
Old 04-06-2005, 07:41 AM   #4  
Working for the Cruise!

Morning Chicks!

Ruth - That's too bad about the basement. In my experience that's where all the good stuff is usually found! I hope everything goes well and you find a loose brick with some cash behind it.

Little Chick - Replacing the windows? Ohh...I can only dream at this point.

Cottagebythesea - Fleetwood is near Reading, PA, where Boscov's (the one I'm thinking of anyway) and Unique Pretzel Splits are. Berkshire Mall, etc. It's really built up there since I moved away, so both places are probably getting close to you.

Well, Shelby and I are having a stare down this morning. She is whining to go outside, but she's already done both 1 and 2 and just wants to tug on the leash. I know she just wants to play, but this is not the day today.

We worked 6 am - 6pm yesterday, drove an hour both ways. When we got home Bry was going to cook (Almond crusted chicken and green beans ) and I was going to do dishes and fold laundry. We were both exhausted so we laid down together on the bed just to "rest". The next thing we knew, it was 11 pm! We slept right through, so I just turned off the lights, took my contacts out, and hit it again. We woke up this morning at 5 rather than 4 and were very nearly late. I'm still quite exhausted though....grrr.

I gave in, took Shelby out. She really did have to go both 1 and 2 again. Who knew?
Old 04-06-2005, 07:50 AM   #5  
Working for the Cruise!

Talking

Oops, skipped a few things.

Yes, Cottage, we have a date set. May 20, 2006....my parents have a place up in the hills. They are putting in a pond this summer and having a floating dock lead out to a floating gazebo right in the center of the pond. That's where vows are to be said. Then we'll have a nice, relaxed reception up there on the land. I could go on forever...

But then again, I was going to go on forever yesterday about my cool new lighting fixture in my newly painted kitchen. Saw this on a design show (I'm an addict, but I've found it's a much better addiction than food!), but I'm not sure which one.

Anyway, the whole kitchen has only 3 lights, a flourescent above the sink, an overhead on the ceiling, and one of those old stove lights (no stove hood). The house was built in 1909 and the apartment was seperated in 1950's....original stove and enamel sink and cabinets. Anyway, so there is no light above our small kitchen table. So we took a stock sheet of 18x24 plexiglass and hung it by fishing line and some hook from the ceiling. Then we placed 50-60 tea lights up there and few lining the window next to the table. A romantic dinner is seconds away now, and I love the piece. It looks like floating candles!

Everything in this post seems to be floating...... Me too!
Old 04-06-2005, 08:09 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

Bamie, if you're there, we're thinking about you... sending you love and prayers...

Ruth, I do hope you get hot water soon. I'm sure you're dying to just soak away your misery in a hot tub.
I really like your typo... "... my fist thing was 5AM..." I think it says something about your state of mind.

Little Chick, you're getting new windows, eh? What a treat! (and what an expense, I'll bet!) hmmmm... when we bought this house almost seven years ago, we decided we'd buy one new window a year. Somehow, other "expenses" came first. And to think we'd have seven new windows by now!

Cottage, thanks for your prayers, hon. I went around last night checking our fire alarms and hanging up the ones I'd meant to do ages ago...
Have a lovely time at the park with the little ones. It's beautiful out here today, too!

Sarah, you and Sil both have dogs named Shelby!
Wow, sounds like you really needed that sleep last night, hon. The dinner sounds yummy!
Oh, my gosh... I was just reading about your "light"! That is FABULOUS!! What a cool decorator you are!

I'm going to hit the hardware stores with a friend this morning. Which means no coffee. I need a few more little things for the kitchen, and he's getting patio stones. I hope not too many... I don't know how many our car can hold!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 04-06-2005, 08:17 AM   #7  
Tina

Morning guys!

Ruth, so sorry that you have no water...and that whole mess with your basement, one of a homeowners worst nightmares Hope that gets straightened out real soon for ya....

Well, lets see, today marks day what? like 5 for me in phase 1 I think, if you count that little peanut butter incident I know this is sort of personal, but, is constipation a side effect??? and, ahem, if it is would someone just purchase some fiber supplements? or is there something else?

Alrighty ladies, looks as if its going to be a beeeeeutiful day here again! Hoping I have a bit more energy today...you guys try to have a fantastic day!
Old 04-06-2005, 08:38 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Twice blessed, yes, the C word can be a problem. Increase your veggies and try to get more fiber with legumes. Metamucil before meals sometimes helps and also is supposed to help with weightloss. Lots of water with all that fiber or you'll need to call RotoRooter!

Bamie, I do hope you can check in and let us know how things are. I've been thinking about you.

Little Chick, I watch Canada AM from Halifax in the mornings now and think of you every time they show the weather for Saint John. I guess lots of us are stress eaters.

AidaFaith, your wedding plans sound wonderful! By the way, be careful around water when you are wearing that rock! It's gorgeous but might take you under! Dogs are always right by the way - good thing you took her out again.

Cottage, a picnic in the park sounds just wonderful! Our park is underwater at the moment but will be OK soon. We may take the Library kids there one day for story time when it dries out.

Ellis, be careful loading those patio stones into your car. Springs can only take so much and you sure don't need repairs. Let that hunky male do it - and you can tell him I said so!

No technicians as yet so they may get the "fist". Actually they are nice lads and the dogs adore them. Animals know, don't they? I am going to start some laundry in cold water which I should be doing anyhow. Our electrical usage has shot way up lately and I know it's from all the laundry.

Time for another coffee and another 8 oz. of water.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:50 AM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Hunky, eh? Are you talking about my 55 year old gay friend with the support stocking, glasses, and torn tendon in his hand? I suspect it'll be both of us lifting.
I was thinking of you, Ruth, while reading Twiceblessed's post. We haven't heard the C word for some time.
I hope you get it all worked out, Twiceblessed!

Does anyone know how to get dried PolyFilla out of one of my best cereal bowls?
Old 04-06-2005, 08:58 AM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks:

Oh!!!!!!!!! what a terrible week I'm having,my poor mouth is burning with a abcess under my bridge. I didn't feel like posting to any of my message boards.The only good thing that came out of it was that I LOST 1 lb as I couldn't eat.Won't be on the boards starting Thursday as I'm Going down to my DD's to help her with her 4 little ones . Her hubby will be away on a business trip the entire week.

See you next week Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 04-06-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:36 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Oh, Beach Bum, get that seen to fast! I'll nag you until you do. NOW!

Hey, I knew who you meant, Ellis. Are you gonna tell him I think he's hunky?

Speaking of hunky, the technician just came and installed the new motor in the water heater. In half an hour I'll have hot water! Now I have another problem: do I have a bath or run the dishwasher first? By the way, $70/hour for labour! I know he doesn't get that but still....maybe I should get some trades training!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:03 AM   #12  
Conquering with SBD

Good monring everyone. I have been jumping in and out really infrequently the past few weeks. Too much other life has been interrupting my posts, but I am here today.

Ruth - So sorry to hear about your water problems, both the flooding and the cold water trouble. Nothing worse than have to clean up a flood, then not be able to bath or shower comfortably. When we were in China a few years ago, we were staying at a guest house where DH was working. When we arrived, they told us that they only turn the hot water on between 7pm and 8pm every day, so if we want to shower, we had to do it at that time. Fortunately, one of the directors of the company was travelling with us and he was really embarrassed that his guests were finding out that they have those restrictions, so had the water turned on for us... Good luck on getting it back without the "fist."

lc - Congrats on the new windows. We are just getting a quote on installing a new sky light. We want to put a bigger one in - we have a loft in which we often drink out morning coffee, but when we sit there, we can't see out the sky light. So, if we put a bigger one in, we can enjoy the view of the valley from our loft. It's relaxing in the mornings when we have time to sit for a few minues.

cottage - You are so lucky to be able to spend time in the park. Our ground is still frozen and the temps just a bit too cold for that just yet, but it is getting warmer. We still have freezing temps at night, so can't put any plants out yet...usually have to wait until the beginning of June, so we have a bit of time yet.

Sarah - The light fixture sounds so romantic. It's great to be able to solve minor problems like that with a creative solution. The wedding sounds like it is going to be romantic, too. Our son is getting married next January, but has arranged to be married in Cuba. That will solve a lot of problems with costs and who to invite, etc. I told them that I would buy the liquor (all inclusive resort...)

ellis - Hope you get the patio stones all right. You don't want to damage the car with the weight of them. I spent the winter making some stained glass patio stones because we want to replace one of our side walks this summer. Our son has volunteered to take the old sidewalk blocks, so that will save us the chore of moving them to his house. Are you able to get out in the yard yet?

Laurie - Do take care of the abcess. Kind of a catch 22, though...you don't know whether to be thankful that you have trouble eating, or whether to worry about the pain. Take care sweetie.

Me - Nothing much here. Boss is away today, so....hmmmm. Took DM to the dr. the other day. I told her that I would pick her up at 3:30 that day. When I arrived, she was in a big stew about being late (I arrived at 3:30), told me that she had missed her appointment and was stomping around. I got her to the appointment 5 minutes early, but she was in such a state by then, so the visit was mostly spent trying to calm her down, then dealing with the dr. When I got to work the next morning, she had left a nasty voice mail message wanting to know where I was and telling me that she had been waiting for me for a couple of hours. Just when I thought that I had gotten over the stage of the insolent teenagers in the house, I acquire a parent who behaves about the same.

I have finally gotten my eating under control. Over that past few weeks, I have really been craving sweet stuff, but worse, I have been indulging the cravings. My weight has flucuated a few pounds up and down, so it hasn't been serious consequences. However, I decided that this week, I would make a concentrated effort to stay OP and make sure that I get this thing under control. I really seems that, if I add starches or fruits to my diet, I get to craving more and more and more. I have gone back to Phase 1 this week and the cravings have stopped, which is good. I just don't know how I can manage the problem when I do indulge in starches and fruits. I will need to try different options until I find something that works.

Hope everyone has a great day on the beach. It's still a bit too cold to be sporting a bikini in this neck of the woods, but the temp is supposed to be going up to 16C tomorrow. We'll feel like we're in a heat wave. Take care everyone.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:03 AM   #13  
Faith in me

Good Morning ladies!!!

It is soooooo beautiful out...I don't wanna go to work today......i wanna be outdoors soaking in the sun and planting stuff........but i have to work....sigh.....ok so I have been terrible the past week or so.......and have gained back some lbs......not good........so....starting today phase 1 for me.......i'm getting back on the band wagon.....I'm going to do this! anyone with me? I hope you all have a fantastic day today....Go out and enjoy it!!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:15 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

History Chick, I'd love to go out and enjoy the garden but it's raining and the frost is still in it - 8 inches down.

Sweet Tooth, I fully sympathize with the parent problem. I could certainly tell you some stories about my dear Mother.

I've decided a bath is more important than clean dishes so will run it and start the dishwasher later. Our tank is very efficient and we have hot water now in less than 45 minutes!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:33 AM   #15  
Working for the Cruise!

Ruth - I was going to tell you to take the bath too. Glad everything's warm again, at least inside. As for the ring, I do heavy lifting all the time without weights on that hand nowadays! Staying away from deep puddles.

History Chick - I'm on day 10 of Phase I again. I'm with ya girl!

Sweet Tooth - OOhh Cuba, doesn't that sound wonderful? Who's planning the wedding?

TwiceBlessedMom - Fiber, veggies, and water. You'll be alright. It's tougher on Phase One with the C word I think.

Sil - Great name for a pup! We got our Shelby at the local shelter. I fell in love with her right away, though both of my contacts split that morning, so it most certainly wasn't love at first sight. Our Shelby is actually named after a friend's Shelby who is dying of cancer.
Closed Thread