South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 07:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Talking The Weekend Chat

I've been awake since around 4, I just can't seem to sleep these days. It's raining cats and dogs outside, and very dark and gloomy, no gardening today! I plan to stop in to have coffee and chat with mom & dad, then I want to go to the big sale at Boscov's today and look at the summer clothes. I want to get there early since it's raining and everybody will be hanging out at the mall. I originally planned to go see my DD today, but there's no way I'm driving the Skulkyll today in this rain. That expressway is dangerous even when it's dry and sunny out! It'll be hard not seeing the kids this weekend though. I think I'll make a stew or a bean soup for supper tonight. What's everyone doing today?
Old 04-02-2005, 07:27 AM   #2  
gotta lose it!

hello cottage......it's raining here too. I could sleep this morning, but I have to go to work & I overslept. I'll peck in later....have a good day!!
Old 04-02-2005, 07:36 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi Cottage! So sorry you're having trouble sleeping, hon. Are you worrying about anything?
Listen, enjoy the rain, because WE'RE expecting SNOW! What a crock. I don't imagine it'll stay, however...
I hope you find some good clothes!
I went shopping for jeans the other day. Went to the big girls Cotton Ginny, and found two pairs (one black), plus a neat jean jacket and a lovely long black dress-thingy, which I'm using to sleep in. I think it's polyester (who knew we'd ever wear polyester again! lol), and it's so comfortable!!

Soon2bFab, hope you have a good working day!

Going to make coffee...
Old 04-02-2005, 07:50 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, we both have the same sleep problem, I guess. I sometimes do get back to sleep but have semi-nightmares, usually about things I can't control. Really annoying!

Ellis, I just checked the forecast for Ottawa on www.wunderground (wrong URL but I'll find you the right one!) and don't see any snow but what do they know. Anyhow, if it comes, it will not stay - that I promise you! The shopping trip sounds great! I must check out Cotton Ginny when I'm in the mood to shop.

Soon2B, sorry you have to rush out.
Quote:
Work is the curse of the drinking class. Oscar Wilde
That little munchkin in your avatar makes me smile every time I see her!

Working in the greenhouse yesterday was delightful and we got a lot done. The afternoon was not so great as I had to do the Church bulletin and managed to get a major paper jam in my printer. After farting around with tweezers and a metal ruler for an hour, I decided there must be a better way and discovered the removeable panel at the back! Duh! I'm technically challenged sometimes although I can put together Ikea furniture and propane BBQs.

Today we are going out to lunch with our Church family. I know that sounds deadly but, believe me, this is a lively group. We are going to the Long Horn and staying for the 2 PM jam session! Should be fun!

What's happening around your part of The Beach?
Old 04-02-2005, 08:01 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Here, Ruthie:
http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/city/p..._metric_e.html
You lucky duck being able to work in a greenhouse.
I started my seeds earlier this week, and a lot are coming up. I've got to get my growlights up... the poor little plants are leaning frantically towards the window...
Have fun at lunch! It sounds like a hoot!
Old 04-02-2005, 08:06 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Thanks, Ellis. That site is better than mine. Kingston shows snow but this area is OK - if you like heavy rain. Monday looks good. http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/city/p..._metric_e.html
Old 04-02-2005, 09:09 AM   #7  

Morning Ladies!!

We're getting snow here, I'm in Peterborough though..always with the crazy weather. Calling for 15cm. It won't stick around though since they are also calling for a high of 15 by Wednesday. yay!

Ah well, I'm heading downtown to pick some things up, so have a good day everyone!!
Old 04-02-2005, 09:16 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Youre in PBro! Geez, that's just a couple of hours away. Shall I come and play in the snow? I hope you don't get 15 cms - that's about 6 inches for the non-metric folk.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:39 AM   #9  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning ladies! It's raining here as well and we're supposed to get freezing rain and snow. I had a great evening last night. Our friends babysat Kylee for the evening and we went to dinner for my birthday/our anniversary. Yes, I did get married on my b-day and they are both on April Fools, no joke Today I am gonna go spend a gift certificate I got at the scrapbook store. Hooray! I am such a geek. Anyways, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Hugs!
Old 04-02-2005, 11:07 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Crap! It's frassing snowing!
Old 04-02-2005, 02:27 PM   #11  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Afternoon my favorite chicks on the beach!

I couldn't stay away from the website, usually when I am off on the weekends, I stay as far away from this computer as possible, but I am paying bills and thought I can't go on line without saying hi to my friends

I am getting ready to go to the store and buy groceries and other miscellaneous goodies.

I will check back in later...luv ya!
Old 04-02-2005, 03:59 PM   #12  

The weather was beautiful today for the Richardson Trash Bash. We had lots of boys show up to help clean up the school and park. Then on to a get together with a raffle. I won a CD of assorted country songs and Brian got a Matchbox car. He was so excited.

I'm going to try to crash early tonight. After 2 hours of sleep this morning and 4 Friday morning, I'm afraid to sit still too long or I will crash. I'm following up on some work now but I should be done soon.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:05 PM   #13  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey chicks what a crazy day taught 4 dance classes and then went to a dance a thon for dd's dance school as a fundraiser. It is very deary here and looks like rain, I would rather that than snow. Well I to be quick but I am tired and not sure if we are going out to a friends house for a small party. Well I will check in later or tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:28 AM   #14  
gotta lose it!

Good Sunday morning chicks - I actually got up on time today. Probably because I came home yesterday after work at 5 & slept.....until about 20 mintues ago. Wow! I hope that was a one time thing! I have to work...yet again today! I agree with your quote Ruth!
My friend just became a grandpa! (He's only 38....I'm going to be 30 & I don't even have a child!) Anyway Cameron is a cutie & grandpa is very proud. I'm going to go buy some outfits for the little one.
Speaking of cute little ones, I'm going to change my avatar again....want to show off Kloe's Easter dress that her grandma made...very cute & all of the little cousins matched for Church!
Jennie...I'm a nerd with you....love scrapbooking, could do it for days!!!
Well I'm off-see you guys later! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Old 04-03-2005, 06:44 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Good Sunday morning and welcome to Daylight Saving Time for most of us.

It poured rain all day yesterday with an annoying bit of snow. Harry didn't want to brave the elements to go to lunch with the Church folks but I went anyhow and had a ball! We ate (I was good), drank a bit, played pool, danced with the little kids and jammed with the "band" - a guitarist and a drummer but we had Steve and his great guitar and little Josh (7) with his harmonicas. Such fun!

I got home at 4:30 and discovered we had a flooded basement! The sump pump didn't start up for some reason and I had a good 4 inches of ice cold water covering the whole basement floor! I got that fixed in a hurry and it cleared out but I have many wet boxes to face today after Church. I also need to wash my floors as the dogs have been coming in soaked and muddy. They are just like big furry sponges when they get wet which is every time they go out - our yards are flooded so they get wet even when it isn't raining. Oy!

Lucy is throwing herself against the kitchen door so I guess she wants to get up and out! She's right on schedule according to the old time. I wonder how long it'll take the dogs to switch to DST. I can't find their little watches in all the curly fur on their arms!
Closed Thread