South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 08:20 AM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I think Lucy was trying to tell me something. The basement is flooded again! This time it is up past my ankles, not just to the top of my ducky boots! I've started up the sump pump again but will not go to Church this morning as I want to be sure it clears. The joys of being "single" and living in the country! Lucky Harry is still asleep!
Old 04-03-2005, 08:40 AM   #17  

Morning girls....yeah it rained like CRAZY here yesterday too (in Philly). I just stayed inside and ate my beans like a good SBD'er I really like this site....still missing my buds from my old one, but I hope they stumble across this camp and pitch their tents.

Just downed my vitamins and now I have to go work up to drinking my can of V(ick)8.

What time is this chat? I'm on EST
Old 04-03-2005, 09:26 AM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfame
What time is this chat? I'm on EST
I never could keep that straight in my head. I'm on EST, too. I think we're on the same time here.

It's finally stopped raining. I could NOT get to sleep last night, and finally got up around 2ish and played a computer game until 4. I was so bored and wide awake that I seriously considered going out in the rain at 4 to sweep the sidewalk of winter stones/salt.

Ruth, seems to me your basement flooded last year, too. I hope you get it sorted out soon, hon.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:36 AM   #19  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks this we have not got rain yet but it is really dreary, I actually slept in this monring and I feel rested for the first time in weeks. I wish things would warm and clear up so I could get out and play around in my garden. Other than that nothing much happening here. I have to do some laundry and some housework and get ready for the week, and we are taking our little dancers to the old folks home tonight. That should be fun. Ruth so sorry to hear about your flooding. Well chicks I will chat with you all later must go get something done.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:00 AM   #20  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Halfame: I hate V8 juice. I have tried so many times to gag it down and I throw it up every time. I just hate tomato juice. I would love an easy way like that to get in extra veggie servings because I never get enough, but I just can't do it!

Morning chicks. Sad news about the pope dying. I am not Catholic, but respect the man very much for many of the things he has done. I remember reading about previous popes in history classes and have to say that this one has been the best the Vatican has probably ever seen.
On a lighter note, my grandparents are taking me out to lunch for my b-day today. I know it's just a ploy so they can see their great-grandaughter! They just can't get enough of her. If I haven't come by for a few days my grandpa calls and threatens to come over and steal her! My grandpa wanted me to have a little girl so bad, he was so happy when I found out the baby was going to be a girl. I guess there just must be something about the bond between fathers and daughters. My husband is just head over heels for Kylee (We play fight over who gets to push the stroller for heaven's sake). My grandpa's favorite was my mom (his only daughter-died when I was 11) I was his first grandbaby (and I am still the favorite). I wonder if in a way it helps to replace the daughter he lost. I know him and my grandma have always referred to me as their daughter (they did most of the raising me until I was 8). Oh well, I think I have rambled enough.
Everyone have a great remainder of the weekend!
Old 04-03-2005, 10:01 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

Crap! The hot water tank is now dead. I did hit a reset button and it's humming away! I hate this. My first clue was that my Vanilla Cream bubble bath was ice cold!

We've had a Code Brown this morning, Harry can't find his belt for his jeans and I now have mould on the basement walls. Shall I just eat a pound of brown sugar mixed with butter and die happy?

Hey, Ellis, we are now on DST not Eastern Standard, Didja change your clocks? Our last flood was just before Christmas, I think. Can you find me a nice little house with a fenced yard in the city? I also need a gigolo/handyman combo on call! Today is NOT going well!
Old 04-03-2005, 10:05 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennie527
Halfame: I hate V8 juice. I have tried so many times to gag it down and I throw it up every time. I just hate tomato juice. I would love an easy way like that to get in extra veggie servings because I never get enough, but I just can't do it!
Jennie...I hate the stuff too. That's why I call it V(ick)8 or V(ugh)8 or V(gag)8. To make matters worse, I drink the low sodium version. I literally have to force it down every morning...I just can't get the veggies in any other way in the morning.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:47 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
Hey, Ellis, we are now on DST not Eastern Standard,
Ah, yes. I knew that.
Ruth, what a heck of a morning you're having. I'm so sorry, sweetie.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:04 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

The Upper Lake has overflown its banks and part of beautiful downtown Delta is underwater! We are building an ark and gathering the animals together. At least, it has stopped raining!

We have hot water now, my bath is ready and I am going to go soak before I tackle a basement full of soggy cardboard! No matter what happens, I am still taking my day off tomorrow!
Old 04-03-2005, 01:00 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 284/260/160

Good Morning Ladies! Well, I guess it will be afternoon in just a few minutes. I have started back on SBD this morning. I have already had a workout on the new pilates machine I ordered last week from HSN. I really enjoy doing yoga and pilates. I haven't done either in a little over a year. I feel so much better though when I do. Wish me luck ladies. I really need to stick with this WOE eating this time. Why does food have such a hold over me? Why am I addicted to eating? Oh well, I just have to find a new healthy addiction...wish it would be exercising...LOL. Well, gotta go get some laundry done this afternoon. Hope everyone has a great Sunday afternoon!

Old 04-03-2005, 03:12 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, What a terrible morning you've had! I hope everything is OK now and that you're relaxing and enjoying the rest of the day. A lb. of brown sugar with butter? LOL! I think a caramel or butterscotch drop would be a bit easier to swallow! We almost floated away here, too, yesterday, but thankfully our basement stayed dry. It's STILL raining off and on here today, and cold and raw outside.

Jennie, Your little Kylee is absolutely adorable! Have a wonderful birthday/anniversary!

Yesterday I made out like a bandit at Boscov's. I got a good pair of dark blue silk slacks at 75% off, a really cute pair of capris, 4 tops, and a pair of shoes. I really splurged on myself, but everything was on sale and the bargains were too good to pass up. My little granddaughter, Amber, was with me and I got her some cute outfits for summer, too. We met Jake and DS for lunch at Friday's, and I ordered an OP chicken breast with grilled peppers & onions and steamed broccoli. I even passed on the alcohol and dessert! This morning Jake and I had breakfast at Cracker Barrel, and afterwards I was going to go to my daughter's, but decided to wait and spend a long weekend with her and the kids next week while her DH is away on business. I spent some time puttering in the kitchen trying out a new cookie recipe, it still needs some tweaking, but after I perfect it I'll post it in the recipe section. I made a big batch of Spicy Chicken Soup for lunches for the week and I added some salsa to it and some leftover spagetti squash, and it tastes wonderful! For tonight's supper we're having the Shrimp Fried Rice from the recipe board. It's one of my favorite recipes, and cauliflower was on sale at the market today. Jake is starting to make noises downstairs, so I'm going to go see what he wants. Til later!
Old 04-03-2005, 04:06 PM   #27  

HI all - and Ruth thank you for inviting us into your group - it is nice to have a new home now .

I am sorry to hear of your flooding problem - I do hope you can get it fixed up fast - no wondered you offered us water lol you so much extra

I will have the sleeping problem now tonight and the rest of the week -- with the time change -- it always effects me and take me a good week to readjust to --- i wish they would give it up already it isn't needed anymore. But nothing I can do lol.

I do hope you all get some good sleep again soon though.

v-8 i have to put pepper in my mine - to be able to drink it too .

ok since some of us are new from a vanished forum -- can you please tell us - do you have a weekly weigh in here? Do you only have a weekend chat? or do you a weekday one as well - ? or how does it work please .

I noticed there seems to be alot more canadians in here I myself am from Toronto, and WINTER IS BACK i hate it -- snowed then rained all day yesterday (rain I don't mind -- it is april right but it is snowing snowing snowing today -- and staying on the dang ground -- I am so so ready for spring - and this weekend is so dismal as it is -- forum vanishes, Pope John Paul II passes away, Weather and sky added to feelings, time change adjustments, withdraw feelings of buddies missing. (k I promise I am usually not so down of a person -- halfame, and kirsten can vouche for that at least - part of southbeach that worked for me was helping others even - in the forum - it helped me in helping them - you know practise what you preach - etc.) I promise I will be more cheerful tomorrow . Trying to be so today even .

I will say one thing now from our experience -- you guys have a bond already - you can tell from how you talk to one another -- I wouldn't want what the feelings that washed over us yesterday to hit any of you -- so please take that procaution now -- get your buddies email addresses -- even if you all have to open up hotmail or yahoo accounts etc - exchange them with each other -- so you have a life line to reach out to still - if something where to happen to 3fatchicks forum. I hope nothing every happens with it -- but just in case -- learn from us - .

Weekends are always harder for me to stay focused right on the beach -- is it for any of you -- i don't seem to have a problem getting all my water in me during the weekend but come the weekend - water what is that ? seems to be more of a challenge -- during the week -- meals are set time frames - weekend - what are time frames? we have all our running around to do etc. chores get in the way etc.

I will say one thing though -- history on me - my past i was an emotional eatter. I ate when I was upset - boy was i upset this weekend - opposite has happened -- I had to force myself to eat yesterday -- and I know i didn't get enough in me -- and again today -- i still haven't eatten today -- had my coffee -- but not food yet - it is 4pm .
I am going to have to force myself to eat again today - and no way will I get enough in me agan today now -- tomorrow will be better i now -- routine and struction will be in place --set times to eat are there again -- might have to force it in me but I will get it in at the right times. The only good thing is I am glad I seem to master not to EAT emotional now -- but now i have to work on the not eating when I am upset - weird that we trade one problem in for a new one -- but if I have to have one -- I guess this is the better one to have now . LOL Not that the scale showed I didn't eat enough yesterday now .

I guess I should of opened up Hi I am Dove and I am a major talker/typer -- short posts what are they . Sorry -- hope you all can accept me with my faults , don't know when to stop a post lol -- can't spell for the life me , and always trying to help.

K I will end it now lol - but I will be back
Dove
Old 04-03-2005, 06:32 PM   #28  
Come on Spring!

Wow! That Dove is some poster! Beachgal has competition.

Very good idea to get emails. As MOD we have access to the registration emails but perhaps we need something that we can get to without the site. It'll go on my next ToDo list. I'm sure it's very traumatic to lose your site!

We don't have a weekly weigh-in. Folks just change their ticker when they do weigh - or not if they are blushing! We do a Daily chat every day but combine the two weekend days. The first chick to peck in starts us up. If two chicks start at the same time, they just leave it and one of the MODS combines the threads when she gets her coffee and wakes up a bit!
Old 04-03-2005, 07:38 PM   #29  

Dove, another Canadian!
We do have an exercise thread. It's stickied at the top. And we have a monthly goal thread and a monthly "result" thread.
Good reminder about connecting with people. Some of us have know each other for a few years, and some of us have even met. (See you tomorrow, Ruth. )
The friendships I've made here are invaluable. I hope you're able to reconnect with everyone from your forum.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:24 PM   #30  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Well hello my fellow beach chicks I fell off the pier and floated out to sea. I boat has rescued me and I am on my way back to the beach. Tomorrow is Monday and the first full week of the month. And my day of a fresh start. I should be on land in the morning. Already have my reuion date planned with GYM. Went to the store today, bought good food. Not much has happened to me to make me fall off. Nothing pushed me. I slipped and could get a grip. But, the thought of having to buy all new summer clothes, because last years are too small, I relized something has to be done. I will adjust my ticker in the morning when I weigh. I can get so far down then I stop. I know most of it is medications. So, I am going off two of them. Doctors ok. It's when I started the antidepressants the weight really started coming on. She had said that this medication was the smallest % for weight gain, but, it was still a side effect. Going off them to see if I can live without them. If not, go back to the doctor and see what else she has for me.
See, y'll in the morning.
Closed Thread