South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 12:08 PM   #16  
China

Good Morning all

Well, I won't tell you again how beautiful the weather here is again since most of you are suffering from bad weather

Great story about your dog A Broad. I love animal stories. I don't have a dog, but I do have a cat that acts like a dog.... If you throw something, he retrieves it (provided it's not too heavy for him to carry). He also follows me around like a dog, and even comes to me when I call for him. He is a 17 pound ball of fur (I know, he too needs to be on the SBD

Anyway, hope everyone has a good day. I am down one pound today, but it will probably show back up.... Not such a good day yesterday. Although I have still made it to the gym every day for at least a half hour. This is helping.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:36 PM   #17  
Zen-meister

Hi all!

Just checking in. I'm surprised that we are still in the teens in the posts here. Usually when I start browsing, it's already in the 20s.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning!

Ah yes, China....isn't the weather beautiful? No clouds, lotsa sun and finally....NO RAIN!!! It will be back again sometime around Monday but it looks to be a really nice weekend. I'm sure it's a little warmer in Redding than it is in Oxnard though.

Well, after hearing the contractor say that he'll be here Tuesday or Thursday or Wednesday or...you get the picture...he's finally at my house!!! They're pulling that wall down and putting in some new supports. I think I'm going to run by there around lunchtime and check out what they're doing. I also need to check on my kitties. Lotsa pet stories this morning! I can totally relate to pets wanting to play while you're exercising. One of my cats tries to sit right next me while I'm doing Tae Bo. This morning she kept bring her mouse back to me and setting it at my feet. She was driving me crazy! I have another story about my poor, locked up kitty cats since we seem to be telling pet stories this morning!....

Since the crew is going to be going in and out of the house today (and the contractor is allergic to cats) we had to lock all 3 cats up in the master bedroom. They knew something was going on when DH brought the kitty condo upstairs and put it in our room. I think cats have a way of detecting when something is happening and were curious about it at first. Then I brought their food and litterbox in the room. They seemed to KNOW what we were going to do to them. They scattered all over the house. I'd try to get one in the room and then another would run. Everytime I opened the door to put one in, one would run out. Finally, I said the magic word that will always get them. I yelled out TREATS!!!! Then it was like a stampede. They all came running and I trapped them all in the room. Those cats think they're so darned smart...he he he....I won this time! When I left, I heard them hissing at each other so I hope they're all still in one piece! I'll go check on them in a bit.

I have a meeting in Santa Barbara tonight. Looks like a fajita night to me at the restaurant our meeting is at. It also looks like I'm going to be nominated to a position on the board...WOOHOO!

That's about it for now. I hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 02-24-2005, 02:40 PM   #19  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi all
Yesterday was beautiful (70) and I spent a few hours in the yard clearing outsome of the flowerbeds. It's so heartening to finally see some of the perennial buds poking through the soil~~Spring isn't far away.

We almost have running water in the kitchen~had a leak in one of the pipe connections and are trying to fix that today.

Dinner tonight is Herb Encrusted Salmon, Cauliflower Gratin with Gouda and Almond Sauce and a side salad. Probably not completely OP but I wanted to try out the recipe.
Gotta go help DH with this last electrical plug.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:51 PM   #20  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Chicks! Oh for y'all beggin for spring the tulip trees are blooming here and look so pretty! I saw a yard crew at the bank mowin a lil bit ago as well. Some bushes out in the yard are startin to bloom as well. But it is cold here today. I know 52* is not cold to y'all but to me it is burrrr! lol I had the injection right into the joint! It didn't hurt the numbin shot hurt a lil but not bad. Now we will see if the pain goes away or if it's still about the same. So far pretty good.

Anchor...I am glad to hear you are ok. Take good care of your back! You and ds should plan a stop in Huntsville on ur way to Fla.! So close to the Space Center and don't take him! What kind of a mother are you anyway? lol

Must get goin as DH id home today! DS is now as well. He seems to be havin some neck problems. I'll try to check on y'all later. Looks like I have several threads to catch up on as well.
Closed Thread