South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 10:21 AM   #16  

Ruth - Good luck on the physical. Are you having to fast for any blood tests?

Nally - Good luck with the blood test. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you aren't a carrier.

Bamie and all of northerners - Be careful with the weather.

A Broad - Congrats on resisting the cookies. Good thing they are out of the house.

Taz - Make sure you have enough ventilation for the painting!

Anchor - I really find working out helps with my stress.

Little Chick - We definitely want to see a picture of the new fur baby!

2BFIT - We've been staying above freezing but our rain is causing lots of accidents. Your dinner sounds good.

Hi, Ellis and Artemis!

I've got the Cub Scout District Awards dinner tonight. They posted the menu finally. I get a choice of chopped steak or baked chicken (I definitely prefer the chicken). The rest of the menu is mashed potatoes, dinner salad, and cake. I was hoping they would have a different vegetable. I'll do my best and make sure I keep the cake to 3 bites (or less if its not chocolate ). I really don't care for mashed potatoes so they won't be much of a problem. I've got extra veggies for lunch today and I'll try to get a big healthy snack late in the afternoon).
Old 01-28-2005, 10:25 AM   #17  

amb_lyn - You have to eat or your body will go into starvation mode! You can eat small portions but you need to be eating more than just fruit. Try some chicken soup or cheese or peanut butter. You could add the peanut butter to your apple and that would help too. Sorry about the sick baby.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:34 AM   #18  
Faith in me

Good Morning Ladies!

Well I need a good talking too...going back on phase one...I have cravings this time....I didn't really have them the first time around....my family decided to make brownies last night and well....the brownie got the better of me...I should slap my hand....but I am determined to stick to phase one...Well that wintery weather will be here tomorrow afternoon/evening....it's not going to be fun....They say when a system like that comes in from the South....we ALWAYS get it bad....so we shall see....it should be interesting being that I have to work all weekend....Good luck on the physical Ruth!! That reminds me I need to make an appointment with my dr...oh joy! *sarcasm* Everyone stay warm today!! Keep up the good work....I'm sure I'll be back in a few....I work 3-7:30 tonight...I wonder if business will pick up soon
Old 01-28-2005, 10:51 AM   #19  

Wow ladies, I wish I lived up north. Can you all beleive that I have NEVER seen snow! Actually, actually, Texas weather is so crazy that Wednesday it was in the 70's, and today it's in the 40's! And, when it gets cold, everyone here freaks out and closes schools and stuff. I bet people up north laugh at us for that! I am almost at my January ogal. 3 more pounds. I wonder if I can do it by Monday. I'm going to do alot of working out this weekend to reach my goal. I didn't realize that Monday is already the last day of January! Well, I get off work in a few hours then off to Curves. Oh if any of you are contemplating joining curves, let me just tell you, I joined on Monday, and I love it! I have gone almost everyday this week. Not Wed. But it feels like such a great workout in only 30 minutes! It's great. I joined with my mom and my aunts. We all love it.

Have a great day everyone!! Good luck staying OP!!
Old 01-28-2005, 11:58 AM   #20  

Good morning ladies 8 minutes till I have to switch to "good afternoon."

So far today I had a ham&cheese&onion&mushroom omelet this morning with coffee, and had two celery sticks with Laughing Cow cheese for a snack. Drinking my first glass of water -- I'm not too thirsty today even though my lips are chapped. For lunch I have pinto bean soup that I made in the crock pot, and for snack this afternoon I have a mozzarella cheese stick and a hardboiled egg. You are right, I DO need more veggies. I might run to the store at lunch and get some veggies to have at work for snacking. this was my first week and i did not buy nearly enough snacking-type veggies.

Taz I do not know you because I am a newbie here, but it breaks my heart to hear you talk about your DH. It looks like you are finding positive ways to cope, but I just cannot imagine. Please accept a virtual hug from me even though you do not know me.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:05 PM   #21  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wow, no way I can respond to everyone today...sorry!

Ruth, hope the wood is in and you are comfortably bathed and on your way to the doctor, who will be nice and heat all instruments used!

Nally, you'll be in my prayers, hon. I'm glad you're getting tested and have a plan b, but know that it just might work out as you hope : , okay?

Anchor, please eat! If you really aren't hungry, you need to go see a doctor...there could be something wrong. I know that sounds funny in here, but honestly, not being hungry for days on end is not normal or healthy. Let us know how it goes...hope the baby feels much better soon!

Stay safe on those roads, southern chickies!

Me:
Saw my therapist yesterday, which was good. See a new psychi today...hope that goes well. I'm hoping I can convince her to prescribe a light lamp for me so I won't get as depressed in the winter. The is shining right now, and on snow, so it's really bright. It just lifts my spirits so much!

I'm going to observe in a friend's classroom after lunch, and we'll walk there, which will put in a little exercise for the day. Then I go see my psychi, so I won't be at work much today. Yoo-hoo!

DH and I will go out to dinner tonight. I'm thinking Ruby Tuesday's, as I'm still Phase 1ing it.

No major plans for the weekend, but we are going to a party tomorrow night, so I'll make some kind of veggie dish to bring with to make sure I get enough to eat. Not sure what yet. Anyone have any good ideas for a veggie side dish that's Phase 1 safe and impressive enough for company?

Have a great day, chicks! Stay warm...it's in - numbers here! Brrrr....
Old 01-28-2005, 12:13 PM   #22  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Geekchic, you are so sweet!

Taz, I'm so sorry for all that you are going through, but I am so GLAD that you are here with us!!! I hope we can help in any way you need us. :
Old 01-28-2005, 12:23 PM   #23  
buzz buzz buzzin along

Thumbs up Mornin!

Good Mornin! Well I didnt totally make it yesterday w/o a munch of the C word (a mini mr goodbar). But I finished the day OP which I try to do.

Yesterday was my FIRM workout day but the Mary Kay lady was coming by for a facial class so I will FIRM tonight. DP will watch my dd for me.. thank goodness for him. (he also let me buy the BAG from Mary Kay, expensive but I got a 45% off discount... btw, I love MK)

Had a veggie scramble this morning with coffee and will have snack in a few minutes here after I check my cals and where I am with protein, fat carb ration. Having spaghetti tonight, the fam will have whole wheat noodles and toast. I will substitute zucchini strips for noodles --no toast. (I love zucchini)

Supposed to rain/snow here again but we'll see that have said that for the last 5 days. Im still not liking my job and this has been the longest week ever... Cant wait till 5:00. btw, I read everyone's post every morning so I hope ya'll have a great day on the Beach!
Old 01-28-2005, 12:26 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning All!

It's a nasty, dreary day here so far. A storm moved in last night and is dropping buckets on us. It's not supposed to last too long and I really hope it doesn't. We don't need anymore mudslides, sink holes or road closures around here. We're still trying to recover from the last storms. I went by the La Conchita mudslide right after it opened and let me tell you, it was surreal looking at it. It definitely was a reality check. I went by again last night on the way to Santa Barbara and it looks almost the same. I know they've been clearing out as much as they can but there are still all of the cars lined up along the freeway that were crushed by the mud.

I do have some good news. I avoided the cheeseburgers last night and went with the fajitas! The only thing I had that wasn't OP was a small bite of corn cake they serve with it. OMG...that stuff is soooooo good! I also drank water with it so I'm pretty proud of myself. My pants feel a little looser this week so I think I may have lost something. I'd love for it to be that last 3 pounds so I can make my January goal! We'll see on Monday.

I don't have much planned this weekend at all. We'll probably start focusing on the kitchen. DH opened up one of the walls we want to remove last night. We need a structural guy to come in and tell us if we can do that. It would open up our place so much. I want to go look at cupboard colors and some granite for the countertops.

If I don't get back til Monday, hope you all have a great day and an OP weekend!
Old 01-28-2005, 12:40 PM   #25  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Kissjoy according to DH if the wall runs opposite your rafters in the attic then it is a support wall. I wanted to tear a wall out of my kitchen as well but it is a support wall. So I ripped the pantry out instead! lol I don't know if the guy is a friend so there is no charge but if it will cost you might could even find out on line. Just my 2 cents! lol
Old 01-28-2005, 01:04 PM   #26  

I went to the store and got a bell pepper, some green beans, cherry tomatoesand some bagged salad greens (the European one with radicchio, endives, etc) for snacks for @ work. I forgot to mention that I am drinking a V8 almost every day with my lunch. Starting on my second glass of H20 Now!
Old 01-28-2005, 01:44 PM   #27  
GARDENING ADDICT

Amber~~I was also going to suggest adding some peanut butter to the apple. It's one of my fav snacks.

Misty~Good for you adding in the veggies!!

Bamie~~"the s#%* hitting the van"~too funny
Old 01-28-2005, 01:50 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Bamie-

I'm pretty sure that it's a load bearing wall for the second story (BTW it's a small wall in the middle of the house) but DH is an electrician and does kitchen remodels all the time. He's going to have one of his contractor buddies come in and see if there's anything we can do with it that doesn't cost an arm and a leg! My kitchen is so small that if I ripped out our pantry, there'd be absolutely no cupboard space. Darn structural crap! Why can't it just work the way we want it to?
Old 01-28-2005, 02:32 PM   #29  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

I'm finally checking in! All is cold here in the mountain west. Not as cold as Ruth and other other icebergs however.

Been behaving, feeling good. I had a sweet potato with spaghetti sauce on it for lunch. Pretty tasty.

You all sound busy, take care and be good.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:33 PM   #30  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

How's this for today's menu?? Is this enough so I won't go into starvation mode??

So far,I've had eggs for breakfast and a glass of skim milk. For lunch, I went with yogurt instead of an apple and for dinner will be nachos with lettuce/tomato/meat/velveeta cheese & rotel mix/and refried beans. Just a little because i have no appetite really. Will that be ok for my body?
Closed Thread