Old 11-22-2001, 06:37 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Daily Cluck - Thurs. November 22

Happy Thanksgiving, American Friends! I hope you all have a wonderful day with family and friends and strictly controlled portions sizes - NOT!

Enjoy yourselves and the long weekend.

Freezing cold here this a.m. - I have my fleece jogging suit on with a LS t-shirt underneath. Maybe I should put on 20 pounds as extra insulation for the winter. OK OK - don't yell at me!

Today is Big Domestic day as I get stuff organized for out Bake Sale and Country Christmas. DH's birthday is this weekend too - know what he says he wants for his big day? More underwear! The man has no imagination - or maybe he does! I'll try not to think of it.

Gotta get switched into overdrive - help yourselves to coffee.
Old 11-22-2001, 09:50 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone

Hope all my Americanfriendshave a lovely Thanksgiving--eat lots of turkey!

Just a quick one today, the wee one is home and she's a handful! Eat turkey and be happy everyone!
Old 11-22-2001, 10:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Gobble Gobble!!!!

I'm going to try not to do that today! Sister is cooking for the family, she does it every year, so at least I don't have all those wonderful smells in my kitchen! Will try to control myself as I don't want to undo everything I've accomplished to date.

Hope everyone else has a wonderful day, whether it's Thanksgiving at your house or not.
Old 11-22-2001, 11:54 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APPLE PIE HERE I COME

LOVE LEENS
Old 11-22-2001, 06:22 PM   #5  

Wink Oy vey!

We're back home and I ate FAR TOO MUCH! Everything was delicious, of course. My DD makes the turkey using wine, spices and cheese cloth and it is just as moist as could be. Absolutely wonderful. I ate two pieces of pie! Oy vey!
DD's in-laws were so much fun! Her MIL is so funny!
Was a great day and I enjoyed every moment.
Old 11-22-2001, 07:20 PM   #6  
Slimwithin

Tippy, I've gotta ask. It's been driving me crazy. What is oy vey? Is this some new computerese jingo? I'm always the last to know. For the longest time I thought LOL was light of my life or some such.

Well, I've had one of the highest carb weeks in recent memory and I don't even have the excuse of Thanksgiving. I think it was the German chocolates that started me off and it's gone downhill ever since. Tomorrow is my WW weigh-in and I'm certainly not looking forward to it.

Hope you American Chicks are all having a wonderful Thanksgiving day. Forgive yourself for the little transgressions. You have plenty of time to get back on track between now and Christmas. (that's what I keep telling myself anyhow. )

LindaBC
Old 11-22-2001, 08:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Update: Gobble Gobble indeed!

Anyone know the carbs in potato salad? How about macaroni pie? Pumpkin rolls? The only legal thing I ate was 1 deviled egg.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!

Oh, well, there's always tomorrow!

Hope everyone else had a great feast!
Old 11-22-2001, 10:28 PM   #8  

Good evening everyone. I know it has been a while since I dropped in and I apologize. I was on vacation a lot of it. And then there is work. Things have slowed down a lot now. I dont know if that is good or bad. A little of both I guess. They did have to lay off a few people but they were mostly in management. They can manage the agent problem easily. Just not hire any new people. I think they will hire again in January, but it all depends on what happens between now and then. Sounds like everybody is doing fine. We had a good Thanksgiving. I got up this morning to a new low. I have finally managed to lose 60 pounds. Still have a long way to go, but as some of you older members know, this is a giant step for me. I feel great and am still doing my walking everyday. I also lift my weights every other day. I have a lot to be thankful for. My family and I have been thru a lot this year, but the Lord has seen us thru all of it and prospered us in the process. Remember my daughter lost her baby in February? She is pregnant again and expecting in April. She is at the place she was when she lost the other one and everything seems to be going fine this time. My nephew who got expelled, ended up getting to graduate with his class and got a scholarship to the local technical college. All his bills are paid. My DH had a battle with his emphysemya and stayed in the hospital a week. The first couple days in intensive care. But he is back on low carb and doing fine at the moment. Looking forward to Christmas. I even bought a poinsettia already. I usally wait til after Christmas when I can get them for almost nothing. Guess I am getting less cheap in my old age. I dont have a purple hat yet, but do have a burgandy ski mask. Well, just wanted to check in and say hey. Hopefully, I can be more regular again now. Good to see you again.