3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Weekend Chat - January 22 and 23 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/52304-weekend-chat-january-22-23-a.html)

BonnieJ 01-23-2005 11:53 AM

Thank you Barb0522 for the your specifics it did help a lot. I know that there is a 2" difference and toning but it still gets me to a ballpark size.

I want to be a size 10 so that all the clothes I have saved for ten years will fit... silly to save them but they are very expensive suits that my deceased Mom had purchased for me.

Based on your info and my body type, I am putting my goal at 140#'s.

Thanks Again.

geekchic 01-23-2005 12:05 PM

Well it is nearing lunchtime and I am just now getting hungry again after my ginormous breakfast.

I got some more laundry done (we sure do have a lot for only two people :yikes: ) and I cleaned the bathroom. I don't know if any of you do FlyLady (http://www.flylady.net , but it has been a great help to me in staying organized with my home. Anyway I did what she calls a "27 fling boogie" in the drawers at the bathroom sink. Threw 27 things away! It made a huge difference.

Hmm. I was going to make a salad with leftover turkey frozen from Christmas for lunch, but I don't think any of our dressings are SBD. Let me go check....

OK I need your opinion. I am pretty sure this one is probably a no-no but here goes:

Ingredients: Water, cider vinegar, soy sauce, canola oil, honey, ginger puree, ginger powder, organic prepared mustard, organic mustard seed, salt, spices, xanthan gum.

Calories: 20/tbsp
Carbs: 2/tbsp
Sugars: 1.5/tbsp

If I just had one tbsp and it counted toward my 75 calories of non-nutritive stuff, would that be OP? :?:

chipper15173 01-23-2005 12:18 PM

Afternoon all;
Boy, I am I a late arrival today. I slept until 9:45, and that is just because the phone rang. I haven't slept that late in years. It felt good :). Not much new here today. Waiting for a guy to call about refinancing the house to get improvement loan. I have bunches in equity in our house. So, if we get it we are having the back deck turned into a sunroom, new siding, new windows and a 2nd bath added, front porch added. Keeping fingers cross. We have a VA loan, and we have been told we couldn't get equity loan with that. Well, head guy at the bank says we can now. So, cross your finger. We need new siding bad. Cold and winding here also. My mom lives in MA and she is getting loads of snow. She has to go shovel out her door every 1 1/2 hours, otherwise she gets snowed in her house.
Hope everyone has a good day, stay warm by the bonfire, I am off to do nothing.

HistoryChick 01-23-2005 12:25 PM

Hello Ladies!!
Oh Ellis you crack me up yet again "You can always "cut your head off" if you want to remain anonymous. (we'll use Photo Shop, and add Pamela Anderson's head to your body)" lol Wouldn't that be something....I'll have to look around for some pictures! Well there is ice everywhere today plus some gusty winds...that's not good...I'm off today...and well I really don't wanna go out but we'll see what's going on....Girls I need some motivation with the dieting....I keep falling off the wagon...I'll lose and then I'll be bad and gain some back...sigh...I dunno why I do that...I need to be motivated or something...help!! Everyone here is doing such a great job! Everyone stay warm today!!

Bamiegurl 01-23-2005 01:43 PM

A drive by for me. It took so long catchin up on the readin I'm now out of time. Everyone is up and chattin this morning I see. Well I am off to get my stuff packed and ready to get on the road home.
Where is Amy??????????? I know she had a busy w-end. Or has she not been home yet!???????? teehee
I'll check on y'all chicks later! Have a great day all.

gish 01-23-2005 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellis
Gish, how are you doing, hon? It's so hard losing a parent, isn't it? :grouphug:

It's been hard. I'm still sad, but I've been feeling some anger lately, too, because I just keep thinking it didn't have to happen. She was only 53, and if she'd quit smoking it probably wouldn't have happened. At first, I wanted to give up on everything, including my diet. But then I realized that I want to have kids someday, and I won't cut my life short by living an unhealthy lifestyle. I'm not really angry with my mum, just that she's gone.

little chick 01-23-2005 01:58 PM

Hey chicks.... I have to get here more often. :D I have been busy lately and I can't even say why. I have been busy with dance stuff and kid stuff. Yesterday I taught in the morning then dh and I went back to town to get some grocries then we bought a new fish and then some puppy stuff. We finally decided on a name for the new little guy. "Howie" which we won't be getting today because it is storming like crazy. dh has shovelled twice already and could probably go out again. Well I must run and try to catch up on all the posts. I will be back.

cottagebythesea 01-23-2005 03:35 PM

Just taking a break from shoveling out! We ended up with between 10-12", it's hard to measure because it's blowing around so much. So everyone around here is snowed in right now, and on top of that, a water main broke on our street Friday and the township hasn't been out yet so there's a frozen lake under all the snow that keeps getting bigger and bigger! I just can't believe the city haasn't sent someone out and is letting all that water just run and run!!!! What a waste, and we wonder why our water bill is so high? Anyway, the snow does look pretty, and it's warm and cozy here inside. I've watched 2 of my tearjerker DVD's, finished my book, and organized 2 weeks worth of meals for Phase 1, (YES AGAIN!) I absolutely MUST get back on track.

littlechick, I'm so glad you deicided to name your new little puppie "Howie" instead of Jake! We know so many people that have named their dogs "Jake" lately, that my DH, Jake, is starting to get a complex. I think it's cute.

Chipper, yes, you can get a refinancing loan with a VA mortgage, we did. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Barb, tell Brian Congratulations for coming in second, that's really good!

Misty, although your salad dressing has less than 2 grams of sugar per TB., I wouldn't use it on Phase 1 because of the honey.

"Hi" to all you other Beach Chicks out there, hope you're all having a fun day. I'm going to go and watch the Eagles game, see ya later!

Bamiegurl 01-23-2005 06:40 PM

Well I am home now and will go to the store tonight or in the morning to get phase 1 foods because I am starting in the morning again! It will probably be tomorrow for store run my knee is hurtin pretty bad from the drive & my sister lives upstairs. I had a good visit just not long enough as usual. Well I guess we are gonna watch the game. Pullin for the Steeler's DH is from Pittsburgh area. Have a good evening all.
Anchor we are still waitin to hear from you! lol

geekchic 01-23-2005 07:02 PM

Thanks for the opinion on the salad dressing. I did go ahead and use it because it was the best that we had (I only used 1 tbsp in a huge salad), but I will be looking for a better variety tomorrow and saving the rest of this one for phase 2. It is really really good dressing -- Annie's Ginger Vinaigrette. I really love the flavor of ginger.

We are having duck, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts for dinner (I am having the sprouts, DH is having pumpkin). I think I have done pretty well today. I am looking forward to a vanilla ricotta creme for dessert.

anchor weight 01-23-2005 07:48 PM

Evening All!

Sorry it took me so long to post. Dating and working at the nursing home and a snow storm almost killed me. :lol:

Hot date - He is such a cutie pie! A little shorter than I remembered but that is ok cause I'm short 5'4" He trimmed his beard down to a goatee cause I said he was kind of GQ looking. We had a drink at his house and went to Carraba's Italian. We had a great time. He's trying really hard not to like me too much (probably because I'm an old lady :lol: ) but I think he does. We had a great long dinner. Shrimp scampi, Some chicken parmasean thing. The only bad thing I did was have a couple of bites of his tiaramisu. We went out dancing until 1 am. Remember - I have work the next day. While dancing together I forgot that men can actually have bodies like that! :devil: But he is in such great shape it makes me really REALLY self conscious of my weight - but I tried to forget about it. This is something I guess we all have to work through when we are overweight. It doesn't seem to bother him so why does it bother me so? I walked outside and we were getting pounded by a blizzard. Which is probably a good thing because otherwise it would have been later! It took me forever to get home. I crawled into bed at 2:30 and had to get up for work at 6:30! :lol: I'm too old for this. I just try to think of all the calories I was burning! :lol: We did a little smoochie at the end of the date. He's a good kisser. :devil:

I had to drive to work in a blizzard on Saturday! Worked with my nursing home people all day and then had to drive home in the same blizzard Saturday night. DM had dinner ready so I ate and when I went to post last night DM computer was not working properly :( (she had more crap on that thing so everytime she loads something new it goes down) so I crawled into bed and finally got some rest. Got up this am and went back to work at the nursing home and now just got home. Whew! I'm pooped!

Even though I had a good time we are at such different stages in our lives that I don't know how to take this other than one date at a time. He's very considerate, gives lots of personal attention, actually seems to be listening when I'm talking. :lol: Its amazing that someone that young can have such good people skills. He knew that I had to work all weekend so I haven't heard from him yet but I've decided just to let him call me if he wants to see me again. Plus I let him borrow one of my CD's :devil: so I have a feeling I will see him again.

Sorry I left you all hanging! Hope everyone is doing well! I haven't even had a chance to read the postings from this weekend. I have to get DS in the shower. Hopefully I can get caught up with everyone at work tomorrow.

Marianna 01-23-2005 07:54 PM

Hey... great to hear that the date went well!!!! :D :D :D

HistoryChick 01-23-2005 08:11 PM

Anchor that's wonderful that you had a great time on your date! Sorry about the blizzard....I too am like you...I too am really self conscious of my weight it's hard to try to forget about it. You're right it is something we all have to work through when we are overweight. I wonder if it'll ever go away?..hmm...Well I"m glad you got home safe and sound...

Bamiegurl 01-23-2005 11:53 PM

Well I'm glad to see lil Miss all nighter finally checked in! teehee! Yea just take it one date at a time and have a good time! WooHoo! I'm so happy for ya! Glad you are safe in all that snow!

a broad abroad 01-24-2005 02:48 AM

geekchic, I hate to be the one to tell you, but duck isn't recommended for phase 1 - it has too much fat!!