3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Weekend Chat - January 22 and 23 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/52304-weekend-chat-january-22-23-a.html)

Ruthxxx 01-22-2005 06:05 AM

Weekend Chat - January 22 and 23

Weekends are usually slower around here but the way things are going in here, I'm not so sure!

Welcome nicweb and any other new folks. Please post any questions and join us in the Daily.

Yesterday was perishing cold here! I had planned to stay indoors all day but we ran out of toilet paper and Scotch so I had to go out. Hershey is very sore and spent the whole day dozing. She decided that peeing on the deck was warranted because she had trouble going down the steps. She gave me a rather guilty look when she did it. Poor baby!

I have to scurry around a bit this morning. I brought the coffee mugs home from Church last week and forgot to wash them. I discovered the bag on the washer yesterday and they need to go back to the Church this morning. I think I am losing my mind.

Time for coffee and Doggage Duties. Back later.
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Ruthxxx 01-22-2005 08:18 AM

Well, it's later and you are all still asleep! After 40 posts yesterday, I expected 5 or 6 by now! :lol: Are you chickies all talked out? I think I'll just go around checking towels and umbrellas and see if somebody has shacked up with the cabana boys!

I'm going to do my treadmill and knee exercises now that I've done my "must" chores for the morning. All that's left is to bring in wood and I may wait until Rob comes over to start that task. ;)

Wakey! Wakey!

a broad abroad 01-22-2005 08:22 AM

Good day ladies,

I guess I have phase 1 on the brain because in my dream last night someone gave me a large order of salty french fries and I had already eaten a couple handfuls before I remembered I was doing Ph. 1 - yikes! (not that fries are allowed in any phase! :p ) In reality, so far so good,day 4. Right now I'm having a caramel flavored tea to curb a sweet craving.

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi, and check for reports of what was ordered at the Japanese restaurant last night and/or how it went on the date with the sweet YOUNG thang ;) . Have a great weekend eveyone.

ellis 01-22-2005 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
I think I am losing my mind.

Too late!!
Awwww... poor Hershey. :( She must be so fed up. :grouphug:
Gee, Ruth, it's warmed right up. It's -34C (-30F) out there today! :rolleyes:

Nikki, welcome to the Beach! You're going to love it here... great support... great gals. :yes:

Cottage, thanks for the congrats! :)
12"!?!?! Oh, you poor darling... :( I hope you're stocked up on OP food! And toilet paper. (skip the scotch)

Kissy, we started our kitchen ... ummm... I think in October. Christmas sort of caused us to stop and start a bit, and we're (I'm) hoping to finish it within the next 3 weeks. (read: 3 months)
Good luck with yours!!

Bamie, how's the weather? I hope you're alright, hon.
Kitchen status? Let's see... most of the cabinets are in. We're currently drywalling the wall behind the fridge/stove, and then we can put up the rest of the cabinets.
The potlights are in.
I removed the wainscotting from the breakfast area (where the computer goes), only to discover that the wall looks like HECK! We're going to have to drywall over it. :rolleyes: More work. No matter.
I've picked up the paint... as soon as DH finishes fiddling around with the walls/ceiling (he's a bit of perfectionist), I'll start painting!

Stephiepoo, what are chicometrics? :?:

Anchor... we want to hear all about The Date!! :D

Hunnybee, my kids listen to books on cd in bed all the time... they LOVE them! :yes:
Congratulations on the better-fitting suit, girl!! :hat:

Barb, Laurie is right... you SHOULD send your success story in! Your story is just as special as anyone else's. :yes:
I know it's wonderful when someone drops 15 or 20 pounds, but when I see those success stories in WW magazines, I think, "Oh, if ONLY that's all I had to lose!" As much as I admire them for doing it, I'm afraid I have little sympathy with some of the stories. (sorry, I've probably just offended someone here... humble apologies)

RNMom, which movie did you see? Report, please! :D

Amber, how's your little one? Teething is such a bad time for them. :( (not to mention the parents!)

Artemis, your DH sounds like mine. ;) A NICE man. :lol: I hope he enjoyed his "boys night".

Laurie, dear, I believe you have some Pilates to do today? ;) And NO cheesecake. :nono: You're far too nice to be ruining your health with mere cheesecake. :yes:

Hi Sil, Bonnie, Chipper, geekchick, A Broad, Mamacita and everyone else... :wave:

We're picking up drywall this morning. Then DH is taking the kids to a movie this afternoon, so I'll have TIME ALONE!! :)
Last night I sorted over 50 pairs of socks that had been lying on our dressing room floor for months. Sort of takes the thrill out of the hunt, but it's easier walking in there now.

ellis 01-22-2005 08:25 AM

A broad, Ruth would call the french fry thing, "a brain fart". :lol:

chipper15173 01-22-2005 08:35 AM

Moring Ladies;

Abroad-- I had a dream a few nights ago that I had taken a bite out of a dinner roll and then threw a fit about it. I guess this shows it's always on our minds.
Going to be a slow weekend. No one wants to get out of their nice warm beds this morning.
SIL & DD are coming over at 10 to help DS with his car, and get the other one ready to go to the junk yard.
I am getting a facial this afternoon. It was part of a gift cert. DH got me for Christmas. The girl was gone when I had the other things done. It will be nice.
Today is my official weigh in, but the darn scale didn't move. Still the same 262.5 as last week. I must be doing something, will have to check back and see. Still have another few weeks before measerments are taken at the gym. They do that once a month.
Not much else new here today.
I too want to know what happened with that sweet young thing last night. Must have had a good time:).
Time to get in gear and will cruise by later.

tazcat 01-22-2005 08:49 AM

morning to you all,
time to get myself back into life,.....no not yet, ha ha
I am going to town to visit a new baby today, my neace had a baby boy this morning at 5ish. Her second.
I have been busy buying a house(my moms, she died in Oct.) trying to sell mine,(someone looking today) Buying land, and trying to help our boys some.
I really am missing DH, the old DH, not the sick one, bless his sole.
So much for that. My life has changed,I cannot explain. Some for the good and a lot for the bad. Everytime I think something negative, I make myself think of something positive.
I went out yesterday and started the snowblower, that was my first, The boys have been doing this but they didn't show up this time so I did it myself. I had to get my wood in. Well I have to go back and read some of the posts so I know what is goig on.
I hope to post daily,
Love you all,
Tazcat

ellis 01-22-2005 08:52 AM

Oh, Tazcat, it's so good to hear from you, sweetie. :grouphug: I've been thinking about you. You're so wise to look for the positive instead of dwelling on the negative. :yes:
I hope you post daily, too... good luck with the wood and snowblower!!

Ruthxxx 01-22-2005 08:56 AM

Oh, Tazcat, I am so glad you are back. A new baby in your life will be a bright spot.
Too bad about all the damned snow in the Maritimes! I am impressed that you know how to run a snowblower. It's beyond me but I can lug wood.

Bamiegurl 01-22-2005 09:50 AM

A lil drive by for me this morning. I am fixin to get ready to go out. We have gotten no snow so far and I think now they have pushed it back to Sun. and I will be back home by then. Oh well! I was hoping!
I sure hope lil Miss Amy don't keep us hangin all day waitin to hear about her HOT date! Have a great day Chickies!

geekchic 01-22-2005 10:06 AM

Good morning!

I had a headache all day yesterday (I am not even in phase 1 yet!) and laid down for an hour after doing the chores (feeding and watering the sheep), and then after dinner went to bed at 8:30 and slept till 8:30 this morning. My sweet DH is doing the grocery shopping without me. I gave him a list of things to get me for next week.

Still have the headache and a little all-over achiness. I don't want a cold. :(

Going to do some laundry and try to get some more rest the rest of the day.

Oh we have already gotten 4-5" of snow on top of the 1-2" we already had, and the sky still looks snowy! The sheep look like snowballs walking around in the pasture. :lol:

cottagebythesea 01-22-2005 10:11 AM

Tazcat, it's really nice to hear from you. I was wondering how you were doing. You sweet girl, you're really making an effort to see the bright side of things. I pray that life gets better for you.

It started snowing about 1/2 hour ago, and now they're predicting a blizzard with up to 18" or more! We've stocked up on groceries and have full tanks of gas (as if we're going to venture out!), so we can just kick back and enjoy it. I think I'll put on a pot of chili for supper, and maybe bake some ww bread to go with it. Right now I'm going to fix a mug of tea and curl up with my book.

BonnieJ 01-22-2005 10:33 AM

Good Morning

I love reading your chats but it is weird to actually join in...However, I got a little worried about Tazcat. The "mostly for the bad" got to me.

I have recently come out of a prolonged time of feeling that life had taken a hard and negative turn. Most of the time I did exactly the same thing; whenever my mind went to the negative, I would pull it to the positive. It was actually rather difficult sometimes.

Then, out of desperation, I purchased a meditation tape. It just had beta waves or some such thing in the music, and had been "proven" to help people with depression. While I listened to the tape, I would create happy scenes in my head...just things that could still bring me joy; like being a success in my business and having a husband that actually loved me. So for 30 minutes a day I was in a very happy place. I did this for at least six weeks.

Something very strange started happening 4 weeks ago. My wildest dreams for my career are taking place; there are actually two companies competing for my time! My husband started cuddling with me more, calling to "hear my voice" during the day, and actually copliments me on my appearance sometimes!

It was the death of both my parents that was step one in my slipping into depression. They obviously aren't coming back, but I can see a good life without them now.

Maybe it really was the tape that help me...I just wanted to share that in case it could help...

I wish you all well!

Ruthxxx 01-22-2005 10:38 AM

Thanks, Bonnie. Tazcat had gone through an extremely rough year. She will be fine though because she's a strong lady!
Please do feel free to join in the daily chat and don't feel strange. We are all just a tad nutsy from drinking too much seawater on The Beach! :lol:

nicweb 01-22-2005 11:07 AM

Good Morning all,

I am going shopping today for my PHASE I foods. It is a long list! I hope all is well.

I better scoot. My puppy took off on me this morning and I have to go find him. I know he is just visiting his friend but it is frustrating when he does that!

Have a good day all. I will check in a little later.