3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Weekend Chat - January 22 and 23 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/52304-weekend-chat-january-22-23-a.html)

ellis 01-22-2005 11:12 PM

sheesh! :lol3:

Artemis, it's late, but tomorrow we'll try to figure out how to send you down some snow. :yes: I'd hate for you to be deprived when there's so very much of it to go around.

geekchic 01-22-2005 11:20 PM

Mmkay, I turned on hybrid mode and now it bugs me that when I click "Reply" at the bottom I am replying to the post before mine instead of the whole thread. Stop obsessing, Misty! (yes that is my name)

I went to the FAQ and went to the very oldest post and started reading. I am up to March 2004 now and my eyeballs are tired so I am going to bed soon. I love you gals so much already! :D

RNMOM 01-23-2005 12:44 AM

Sheesh Ruth

I don't know why you think you should sleep, every 10 minutes or so with Ellis yelling "ALRIGHT" :yikes: I don't know how she does the large letter thingy, but it woke me out of a dead sleep............................................. ... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Of course, Ellis, you know I'm just kidding, I luv ya more than a hog loves slop! :coach: :coach: Now get some sleep!

Mamacita 01-23-2005 06:07 AM

Good morning, Chicks~~ :coffee:

It's FREEZING here!! I know I have absolutely NOTHING to complain about compared to you folks up north, but my thin southern blood and joints are not appreciating the "feels like" 3* wind chill we're having at the moment. Sil, how're you holding up? (Sil's my neighbor up the road)

Welcome to all you new Chicks! Grab a Beach blanket, claim a spot on the sand and join in the festivities, gals. :cool:

Had a totally delicious dinner yesterday. Chicken breast cooked in the oven with SF marinara sauce, sauted spinach and some pinto beans. YUMMY. :T

Today is handspinners guild meeting. Penny will be there with her Krispy Kremes :devil: I will try to avoid her and her temptations at all costs...

Friday had a great brainstorming session with Miss Mary, which is why I need to close this and get my fanny in gear and actually WRITE something. This is my last chance til who knows when.

So, everyone have a great day on the beach. Stay close to the bonfire and keep warm!

Mamacita

Marianna 01-23-2005 07:38 AM

Thanks... the thought of snow makes me sigh with happiness.. so do your best to get it here ;)

It was so hot that we couldn't get our daughter down for a sleep today... awful. But our time down at the waterfront was just lovely. We had a great play on the waterpark and then had a nice walk in the breeze.. unfortunately I had an icecream :nono: Just couldn't help myself I am afraid.

I think it was Ruth that posted the fitday.com link. Well I downloaded it today and will start to seriously track my exercise and food... need to figure out what is going on. Perhaps my portions are too big.. good food, but too much of it? The program looks great so thanks for the link!

Take Care everyone!

Good night.

ellis 01-23-2005 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNMOM
Of course, Ellis, you know I'm just kidding, I luv ya more than a hog loves slop!

Oh, how very sweet. :o That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me all year. :lol3: Gee, that's a lot of love! Sort of makes me hungry for breakfast...
Congratulations on the 8 pounds, girlie!! That's fantastic!! :hat:

Okay, so let me tell you the weather for today. Because as a Canadian, it's really all I care about. (apart from same-sex marriage and French language rights)
Let's see... ooooh la la! It's -33C today! (-28F) Up an entire degree from yesterday!
Yesterday we only got 2.8mm (0.1 inches) of snow. Thank God for THAT, anyhow!
What more information do you need to know that you DON'T want to move to Ottawa. :yes:

Mamacita and Sil... 3F, eh? Gee, I really feel for you. :rofl: It's all relative... stay warm, girls!

Artemis... "It was so hot that we couldn't get our daughter down for a sleep..." That's dreadful. Poor little love. :( I'm sorry you're suffering down there. Sounds like one of our summers. We don't have air-conditioning, and on the really hot days we move from our attic bedrooms down to the basement. :yes: I hope it cools down for you soon!

Misty, you're doing what we wish everyone would do... reading the FAQ! Wow, I'm so impressed, girl!!

Barb, your son did so well! Congratulations to him!! :hat:
How's the tiling going?

Gish, how are you doing, hon? It's so hard losing a parent, isn't it? :grouphug:

Jess, that's wonderful about the compliment from the saleman! I'll bet that just made your day!! Have you posted any pics of yourself in our photo gallery? You can always "cut your head off" if you want to remain anonymous. :yes: (we'll use Photo Shop, and add Pamela Anderson's head to your body)

Well, DH is taking the kids to church this morning, and I'm damned if I'm going outside! Maybe some laundry (how the heck does it build up so quickly!?). Maybe I'll plan dinners for the week. I haven't done that in years. :D

Ruthxxx 01-23-2005 08:15 AM

Well, Ellis, you could always just sit and read New Yorker instead of all that work! :lol3:

There is no way I'm going to Church this morning. We got a real dump of snow and there is a two foot wall of snow at the road. My Focus can't crash through that and I doubt that Bruce The Plough Guy will be here much before noon. I'd walk but the darn knee is too sore. (I had a minor slip when bringing in wood yesterday. :( )

RNMOM, I do like the way you express your affection for Ellis!

Whoops! Harry needs me. Back in a bit.

ellis 01-23-2005 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
Well, Ellis, you could always just sit and read New Yorker instead of all that work! :lol3:

Oh, I dunno, Ruth. Maybe I should try reading People for a change. :rofl:

Geez, so YOU got the snow, eh? What a crock!
Take care of that knee, sweetie. :grouphug:

geekchic 01-23-2005 08:46 AM

Good morning! First day OTB and I lost 3 pounds overnight so I could start with an encouraging weight! Yeehaw!

DH is off flying this morning as every Sunday morning (he is a private pilot and we own a small plane -- no it doesn't mean I am rich :P ) and I'm just taking my time. Have not had my coffee yet because you know it weighs something. :P I am just about to have coffee and a big omelet, and tell my mind to STFU about wanting toast with the omelet. I can do this, girlies!

Probably when DH gets back we will ski around the property for an hour or so, then relax the rest of the day.

Mamacita, WHERE do I know you from? Livejournal? The Spinning group on Yahoo? It is killin' me! Anyway we really hafta talk spinning sometime. Our monthly guild meeting was cancelled (weather) but I have a 5th Sunday spin-in on the 29th. Also btw I grew up in Canton and my first boyfriend (summer camp) lived in Stone Mountain. Memories....

Oh and Ellis, my DH is Canadian! He's from Edmonton where I think it gets even colder than that. :/ I told him nope, sorry, you don't get to move back there EVER!

a broad abroad 01-23-2005 09:09 AM

CONGRATULATIONS to Bunnababy for being this week's winner of her choice of book from 3FC. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51471

BonnieJ 01-23-2005 09:17 AM

Good Morning,

I would just like to know what is going on with the weather. I live in Alaska, we are supposed to be the land of snow and ice. I am here for all that snow.. and cold.

DH and I both woke up at 2AM burning up and hearing the pitter patter of RAIN :devil:
It is January and we had to open the window. It is a sad thing

This is our home and we love it but RAIN :mad: I told DH I was finding the place that gets the most snow, and we are moving! He groaned...

Congrats to all the happy news

ellis 01-23-2005 09:26 AM

Bunna, how cool! :smoking: Which book are you choosing?

Ruthxxx 01-23-2005 09:37 AM

Bonnie, give me your address and I'll send you some once we get ploughed out!

Where the heck is the Anchor Weight report! I think she said something about having to work this weekend.

Congratulations to Bunnababy!

I just figured out what STFU means in geekchic's post! :rofl:

Play nicely. I'll be back later.

geekchic 01-23-2005 09:46 AM

Sorry Ruth, I did not know if it would get censored. I have a potty mouth :o

Ruthxxx 01-23-2005 09:49 AM

The F part would have been ****ed out. I use frass instead. It means caterpillar poop and is a very handy F word! :lol: