South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 06:14 PM   #16  
GARDENING ADDICT

This is just a quick hello for the evening but I wanted to sayI'm back !!!
Hello to all my old friends and I'm looking forward to getting to know the others. I've been gone for awhile and gained 15 pounds in the process . I'm finally getting to a place of motivation and will need lots of support.
Tomorrow starts day 1
(by the way~I'm having trouble getting the ticker to copy, cut and paste here)
Old 11-09-2004, 06:56 PM   #17  
Conquering with SBD

Hi to everyone. Just a quick jump in today. It has been hectic and I just can't seem to get ahead of anything. The hurrier I go the behinder I get. My boss has been asking me to do all kinds of things for his boss (the Director of the Dept)...including writing reports and such. This would be on top of my own work. I just smile and say yes...but there's no ulterior motive here. My boss is retiring soon and guess who is in line to get the job - and which Director makes the decision?

When my boss was hired, the Director at the time made it very well known that he would never have a female manager in his department. Well, with a new Director and one that actually trusts me to complete his reports for the President, it bodes well. I am just wanting to kick my salary up for a few years to pad the pension a bit.

This morning started off just horribly, and really doesn't feel much better as the day goes on. I heard the pipes in the house gurgling about 4 am, but didn't think too much about it. When DH and I got up at 5:30, I went to turn on the tap and - NO WATER!!! DH called the county and discovered that the power to the pumping station went out and the power company had not yet responded to the emergency. Soooo, we ate breakfast and finally had to get dressed for work. No water to brush teeth - oh yeah, remembered that in Asia we had to brush teeth with mouthwash. The mouthwash didn't taste all that hot with cinnamon toothpaste, but at least there weren't "things" in my teeth. Showed up to work with bedhead Could have knocked me over when someone that I saw in the hall told me they liked my new do. (Makes me think that I should forego the hair thing everymorning and spend the extra time working on it - in bed sleeping). Right now I am smelling a bit on the ripe side, you might say.

Must run. DH said that he is going to be late picking me up from work, so I told him I'm off to shop. That should hurry the poor dear along, don't you think?

Have a great day. Talk tomorrow.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:47 PM   #18  
A Lily from my yard!

Sil.. It is so good to have you back with us! I know Ruth saved your spot in the sand! teehee
Sweet Tooth ... It always seems when I think my hair looks it's worse people say oh I love your hair! I am rotflm*o! I needed a good laugh!
Old 11-09-2004, 08:56 PM   #19  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Beachgal - thanks for letting me know! 18% less? No wonder why I liked it so much! I'm going to have to go get pinched now to see where I'm at! At Curves they put a little clamp on your finger and it can tell in a snap - not sure how it does that. The formula came out of the "Starch Blocker Diet book" by Dr. Stephen Rosenblatt. I tried that before switching to South Beach Diet. South Beach Diet works much better for me.

Bamie - maybe you should look up on-line about your bushes. Sometimes you're supposed to clip them in the fall so you have an extra big spring bloom. Too bad Martha is in the pokey - she would know what to do. Remember me telling about starting the extra strict Dave Ramsey budget in November? It is harder to stick to than the diet. I'm not lying! Everytime I think I have it all added up - I remember a haircut or this or that. It is honestly easier to diet then control my money.

I've had a very SBD preparation evening. I made more overnight slaw - seems to be working well. I finally made the Chayote salad. The X was dropping off DS after Cub Scouts and he thought the Chayote's were a bowl of apples. He took a bite of one and said it tasted like what a leaf falling off the tree would taste like Not sure how he knows about that - and I didn't want to ask - but it was good for a laugh. It is supposed to marinate overnight and I'll test it tomorrow. I also made Salmon dip (listed as a Salmon ball) for the celery sticks. That is a recipe out of the cookbook too. Actually all three are recipes out of the cookbook. I'm not sure who was asking if it was worth the money to buy the cookbook. So far I have to say it is. The only dud was the roasted chickpeas (maybe I made them wrong ) Otherwise it has given me new ways to eat veggies. And veggies seem to be fueling my weight loss.

You know we haven't heard from a few of the newbies lately? Hope they are doing okay! If you're lurking and you've fallen off the beach - come back and join us soon! OK!
Closed Thread