South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 08:59 PM   #1  

Unhappy Apprehensive about starting Phase II

On Monday I'm beginning Phase II of SBD. I've been on Phase I for about 4 weeks (I had to start over after cheating, and didn't want to hinder my success in Phase II). I'm a little nervous, I don't want to introduce too many of the new allowed foods, or too little. Phase I is almost my security blanket. I've had tremendous success (losing 19lbs), and I've gotten accustomed to what I'm allowed to eat, I don't need to look at the food list or even bring it with me when I shop or go out.

I know the rate at which I'm losing weight will dramatically change, but I'm more concerned that I'll throw myself off by making the transition incorrectly.. however I'm very much ready to move off Phase I (which I didn't find difficult at all).

Any tips, motivation, insight, ANYTHING would be so appreciated.. For me it's almost like I'm getting ready to take the training wheels off, as if I was learning how to ride a bike. Scary!..
Old 09-04-2004, 10:46 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

What has worked for me is to eat my Phase 2 foods in the morning. I eat oatmeal every morning (1/2 a serving I found is sufficient) with usually a veggie omelet. I'll eat Phase 2 items later in the day if I know I am going to do some form of exercise later that day. My reasoning for that is that carbs are generally burned off during the day so it is better to eat them earlier or before exercise.

Also, start slow and see how your body reacts. Eat 1 serving of a newly introduced carb each day for a week. If that works well with continued weight loss, you can try 2 the next week.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:49 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Check out the FAQ section. There are hints there.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:28 AM   #4  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

why do you feel you have to leave phase one?
Old 09-06-2004, 07:34 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Girl, Dr Agatson says that we should move off Phase I after three to four weeks in order to establish more normal eating patterns for ongoing weightloss. Do you have the book? See page 101.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:23 PM   #6  

I started phase 2 Monday after being on Phase 1 for two weeks. Right now I'm sticking to whole-grain cereal for breakfast, but later this week I plan to add some fruit in the afternoon, otherwise I'm afraid I'll go too crazy. I was really excited to get cereal in the morning, so just knowing I have that carb is keeping me satisfied for now.
Closed Thread