South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 12:28 PM   #1  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default New to the beach...

Hi. I've been around 3FC for a looooong time. In the past I mostly did WW and then went through a time with Jenny Craig. Anyway, w/o getting into all of that, I'm now going to give SBD a try. I've bought the book. I'm reading it now. I have a question:

In Phase I, 14 days of menus are given. Are these just guidelines or can I follow them loosely? I don't have all the groceries I need to start off with Day 1. So for example, this morning, I made an omelette (2 eggs) w/2% low fat cheese, drank tomato juice along with it. For my morning snack I did happen to have 2% low fat string cheese in the house so I ate that. I'm heading out to McDonald's for lunch and I plan on ordering the grilled chicken caesar salad. Will that be okay to eat? I know I can't eat carrots so if there are any on it they have to be put to the side. On my way home from work I plan on buying groceries...

So. Do I have to follow the 14 days of menus or can I just make up my own?

Thanks!

Gail
Old 07-15-2004, 12:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Gail!
Yes, we all vary the menus to suit ourselves. As long as you stick to the general guidelines, you'll do well!
Old 07-15-2004, 12:44 PM   #3  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Oh thank you, thank you, ellis!

I'm really looking forward to starting this journey on SBD. I already feel liberated from counting points! <picture me running wild through a daisy-filled meadow>
Old 07-15-2004, 12:46 PM   #4  

You might want to go to McDonald's web site and check out which of their dressings have 3 grams of sugar or less before you go to prepare. I haven't eaten there in awhile so I don't know. Or bring your own container of dressing. Welcome to the Beach!
Old 07-15-2004, 12:56 PM   #5  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Thanks Barbara. I went to McD's website and the low-fat Balsamic Vinegarette has 3g sugar. So I'm good to go! I do plan on making the salad dressing in the Phase I recipes in the book.

Whew!
Old 07-15-2004, 12:59 PM   #6  

Welcome Gail! I'm re-starting this diet! It's great because you really see results in the first 2 weeks, especially if you're working out. Good luck to you! I've also done WW and counthing points gets very exhausting!
Old 07-15-2004, 01:56 PM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Interesting, Gail... most people still WANT to count calories or points or SOMETHING! I'm glad you're grasping the concept so early on in the program.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:49 PM   #8  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

LegallyBlonde and ellis, I'm worn out from counting points! I had thought at one time that I would keep going to WW while doing SBD...but that's just going to make me crazier. I'm tired of weighing and measuring....unless its for a recipe. I want to eat healthy instead of like an insane person. I have access to a scale at Curves so I can weigh in there. Honestly, I'm even tired of weighing on a scale! I just want to be a normal person again. I honestly don't remember what that feels like! But then again, perhaps I was never normal?!
Closed Thread