South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 08:12 AM   #31  
Imagine...

Dh said I was 1 in a million like a snowflake and it just stuck!
Old 03-12-2004, 09:13 AM   #32  
Reeling Reverend

Back in time for a REALLY great thread!!

Behind the curtain is the Reverend Caitlin C. Byrne, but that's not too catchy. (I'm not a Christian, mind you, I won't be quoting scripture for anyone!) I am a certified crystal therapist, and I go by Caity, so CrystalCaity just seemed to work. Usually, my screen name for everything is **** Mutt Fronts, because that's the business I own, but a new way of life called for a new way of being called.

My avatar might as well be a portrait. I am SUCH a bookwork nerdy, way too young to be this much of an astute dork type, so....
Old 03-12-2004, 09:27 AM   #33  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quote:
**** Mutt Fronts, because that's the business I own
Um.....please elucidate! What kind of business IS that!
Old 03-12-2004, 09:31 AM   #34  

Height: 5'-2"

Ooooh... that's so sweet, Sflake.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:34 AM   #35  
Reeling Reverend

Ruth- I make custom leather front shields for fire helmets. Firemen are pretty much all devil dogs, but not in the US Marine sense of it, so I went with HellMutt. And, of course, the corny/clever double entendre!
Old 03-12-2004, 11:45 AM   #36  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Caity. That explains it. I decided to ask as I'm inclined to lose sleep over things like that!
Old 03-12-2004, 11:48 AM   #37  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

That is so sweet sflake!

South Dakotachick- yeah if you had used wakegirl (for wakeboarding) I would have thought you were a funeral groupie
and snorkelgirl would have sound like you snorted when you laughed -
Old 03-12-2004, 02:16 PM   #38  

Lightbulb

I used the first 2 letters of my younger daughter Emily, the first 3 of my older daughter, Nicole and my dog Kya. My husband makes his own wine and my daughter came up with that name for the last batch.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:01 AM   #39  
Buggin' with Pugs

I chose mine as I am an artist (Rubens, Monet, Degas, etc. are artists). Also Rubens was was very well known for painting women of size. Back in his day (the Baroque era) chunky women where desired and considered the 'spice of life'. His paintings show ladies with bellys, larger upper arms, bubbly rears, even cellulite. I always said that if I had lived in Rubens day, he would have loved me, so therein Muse was added since I could have been an inspiration to such a talented artist. - here is a link to some of his stuff

http://www.kfki.hu/~arthp/html/r/rub...hol/index.html

Look at Venus At a Mirror...he considered the lady that posed for this painting is ideal female.

Last edited by RubensMuse; 03-15-2004 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:01 AM   #40  

Not much to explain with my name. Unfortunately, I don't currently live in Kentucky...but I was born there. My Mom moved back "home" 13 years ago after my Dad passed away. I just love Kentucky...the people, the rolling hills, the horse farms, the music, and my family!

I also love Bluegrass music...Alison Krauss, Patty Loveless (her Mountain Soul CD is awesome!), Ricky Skaggs, Nicklecreek.

BTW...I must have seen Coal Miner's Daughter a million times! LOL My DH laughs when I quote lines from the movie!!
Old 03-15-2004, 10:49 AM   #41  

RubensMuse --
Great name! I am not an artist but I am someone who enjoys artist's work, particularly the classical artists you mention. My figure is, uh, "Rubenesque" too! Much better than our society's current ideal, wouldn't you say?
Old 03-15-2004, 12:33 PM   #42  
I got Madonna tickets!

My name...there was a show called ElectraWoman and Dynagirl years ago (with Diedre Hall)...it was one of my faves. So years ago when online stuff started to take off and everything needed a username and I was in my riot grrrl stage, I decided to become dynagrrl.

I still use it even though I guess now i am dynawoman.

Old 03-15-2004, 01:59 PM   #43  
Buggin' with Pugs

Sure thing Birdlady! I would have to opt for something more abstract for modern times like.... Warhols Walrus or O'Keefes Cow.....I prefer Ansel's Big A**.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:27 PM   #44  
mind of destructive taste

ok..lets see here..

my husband and i design websites.. a while back i made one for myself even though i have not put it up yet. and i wanted something that suited me as far as a "title" for the site. so i chose mind of destructive taste which i had gotten out of some song lyrics (sea of sorrow by alice in chains). i am a "metal" chick at heart so i felt it fit me quite well.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:39 PM   #45  
Strong not Skinny

I love the rubensmuse, great name. I adore historical fiction based on art ie Girl with pearl earring, DaVinci Code and my new fave The Passion of Artemesia. My name came from this killer party I gave for years. Nothing but desserts, all made by moi, many ethnic and unusual things. The cost of chocolate, butter and alcohol did me in. Besides, no one ever offered to reciprocate. Why is that?
Closed Thread