South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 02:00 PM   #31  
A Lily from my yard!

Y'all are crackin me up today!

c-handla Welcome! Don't worry we (they) are not always this bad sometimes we (they) are worse! Hope you like the beach!

I went and pulled some weeds for about 30 mins and now my knee is throbing with pain. I may have to take sumin for it as bad as I hate to. I'll have the kids go pick up all the weeds when they get home. DH will probably not even notice but if he does he may pass out on the driveway!

I'm goin to fix me some Gorton's Cajun spice fish for lunch. I'm really tryin to eat more fish. I had orange roughy yesterday when I was out with my mil. Healthy Healthy Healthy! Although as slow as the service was I thought it was gonna be supper instead of lunch. Atleast I had a nice view of Lake Guntersville while we waited and waited and waited.. ok I know y'all get the picture we had to wait!

Ok check y'all chickies later!
Old 03-04-2004, 02:18 PM   #32  

Bamiegurl-fish is one of my favorite foods. Its amazing the ways to prepare it. Between the restaurants I've worked in and the Alaskan fishing trip and living right on the Missouri river, I think I've tried every kind possible. If anyone needs advice on fish, I'll be happy to help. I only clean and fillet my own so I won't do the dirty work for everyone!

Welcome c-handla! I'm only in the second week of SBD but as you can tell everyone here likes the program and this is the place for information-and always a good laugh!

Nascar-send me some of that beautiful weather and I'll be more than happy to help you out with the sunscreen!

I suppose, its time to quit chatting and shopping online and get some work done.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:07 PM   #33  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Well Meredith (and anyone else) since you offered! I have really been wanting to try Salmon but I am afraid I will not like it and is kind of expensive and do not want to waste my money on a meal out. I love most seafood and freshwater fish. I don't like a real fishy taste or smell. Is it a strong fish or a mild one. I would rather eat it out than cook it at home. thanks for any info you can give me.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:01 PM   #34  

Turning to page 85 of the book......tassle twirling......oh no, look it says here we can only use Good tassles, and Good twirls...........

life is never easy....
Old 03-04-2004, 04:40 PM   #35  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, c-handla, to the nuthouse aka The Beach! We are nutsy today!

Clovey - you can make tassels out of spaghetti squash! Or you can crochet pasties! (I have to find a picture of spaghetti squash and post it. I think there are recipes in the recipe section somewhere.)

I'm back from my respite care and got a pedometer THAT WORKS which means I'll no longer be teased about my mechanical abilities by two certain chicks in here! I'll start clocking the steps tomorrow - although we are supposed to have rain and maybe even a bit of that white stuff.

I got some tuna steaks for dinner (nearlyas much as a puppy sale!) and have them marinating to broil for dinner. With a spring greens salad and some multi-grain bread it will be an OP Phase I dinner.

Let's all try to be serious, mature and adult tomorrow - OK? You first, clovey and ellis! I've forgotten how!
Old 03-04-2004, 05:13 PM   #36  
A Lily from my yard!

Talking

Oh no not adults that takes all the fun out of it! Besides it's Friday! Wait til Monday then try if you must. But you did ask the other two to go first so I think we're ok and have nuttin to fear!

Clovey you are so funny!

Ruth what does tuna like that tastes like? I love it with mayo but never had it in a steak form.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:14 PM   #37  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Default I'm Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everybody!
Just got back from 5 weeks on the real beach of Marco Island, Florida.
It was absolutely wonderful to swim, take long walks on the beach , look for interesting shells, watch the sunsets.....and eat and eat and eat seafood!
Now the task of taking off the weight that I put on with such carefree glee!
Boy did I miss all this loony humor. I see from today/s posts that all is normal here on the forum. Never a dull moment!

Clovey....you must try the tassels with the tiny lights. Then we can see you coming in the dark! The blouses do sound fabulous!!!

Ruth......What a great feeling getting into those 14's! I'm proud of you!

Ellis....glad to hear one of us is financially stable!

I promise to jump in earlier tomorrow. Don't anybody get serious on me before then!
Hugs to you all!!!!!
Sharon
Old 03-04-2004, 05:24 PM   #38  

Height: 5'-2"

Sharon, so glad you're back, hon!
And glad to hear you had a good time!!
Old 03-04-2004, 05:57 PM   #39  

Bamie- salmon can taste kind of fishy depending on how its cooked. Salmon steaks have bones, but they are easy to eat around and fillets sometimes have skin still which wigs a lot of people out but its a tough skin and the meat comes right off. Smoked is my favorite. I think lox is pieces of smoked salmon. Its also good grilled or baked. I usually soak fresh salmon in milk to take the fishy taste out a little.

And tuna steaks are the best. They are firm almost like chicken breast but they flake off like a fish. It can be grilled, broiled, baked, poached or panfried. i like tuna with either lemon pepper or cajun spiced. its a lot different from tuna in a can, but if you like canned tuna and you like chicken breast than you should like tuna steak. At a restaurant sometimes they don't cook them all the way through and the middle isn't done so I always order it well done.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:16 PM   #40  
A Lily from my yard!

tanx S D C I appreciate all the info it gives me sumin to ponder next time I am eatin out. Skin don't bother me cause Mai Mai has skin on it. (Sp? on mai)

Deets Welcome Back Welcome Back Welcome Back Welcome Back! (to the tune of welcome back Kotter) tee-hee Glad see your chair is no longer empty.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:35 PM   #41  

Speaking of fish. I made the Grilled Salmon with Rosemary that is on page 162 of the SBD book (only I roasted in the oven instead of putting it on the grills) YUM YUM YUM! We had it with roasted asparagus and the Oriental Cabbage Salad on page 177. I have tried lots of the recipes. SB Chopped Salad with tuna is good as is the broiled tomatoes with pesto. I am having the edamame salad (pg. 176) with ham roll-ups (pg. 179) for dinner tonight.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:42 PM   #42  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Wow, Bluegrass!!!!
That dinner sounds so good. Can I come over?

Bamie.....I Love your welcome back song! Thanks for saving my beach chair!

Ellis......I missed you!

Talk tomorrow everyone.
Sharon
Old 03-04-2004, 10:32 PM   #43  
I got Madonna tickets!

Good evening CHICKS!

Well, I am glad to see that today was a good day. Everyone seems very lively and that can only mean one thing --- FAT IS A-BURNING.

Had the double bill of Survivor All-Stars AND the Apprentice tonight. I do so love television! Ate pizza (bad me!) but otherwise, it was a good food day. Found a great salad place right by work, and that makes all the difference between a good lunch and a bad lunch when I don't bring my own food.

ANYWAY, I hope tomorrow is as good as today, and really, it must be because it will be Friday!!!!!!! FRIDAY!!!!!!

Have a good night girls and I hope all you insomniacs out there can get some decent sleep tonight...

Cia Bellas!

--Dynagrrl (or Ms. Dynagrrl if you are nasty!)
Closed Thread