South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 04:50 AM   #1  

Default thursday chat

Morning everyone!

Well, I just had pancakes for breakfast, in the most legal way. Someone posted a recipe for them but I could not find it so I went ahead and did my thing. I had two eggs, a big spoon of FF fromage frais, and some splenda. cooked it in a bit of I cant beleive its not butter. It was fabby!!! But now I want more as is always the way. I was thinking that one could do it just with egg whites and whisk them up a bit to make it lighter and more airy (and go further..... ) Yum yum.

Sadly they stuck to the pan and ended up a bit.....scrambled. But that was ok.

Overcast day here today. My unusual lecture on islam and shamanism last night was actually not so unusual at all, and was in fact about all the main spiritual traditions and their teachings on the marriage of the masculine and feminine priciples. In fact I dont think Shamanism got much of a look in.

I might have more pancakes for lunch......

Last edited by clovey; 03-04-2004 at 06:18 AM. Reason: shite spelling
Old 03-04-2004, 04:52 AM   #2  

Just reread my previous post......it sounds weird. I am not weird. Am I?
Old 03-04-2004, 05:23 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Yeah, man. You're like, totally weird, Clovey.
Are you in a stream of consciousness?

I can't sleep. Darned bladder. I figured I may as well get up and sort out my finances. They're looking better than I thought.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:24 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yup! You are weird!. Were you hoping we wouldn't notice?

Good morning! Getting a coffee started and then will be back.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:01 AM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning ladies

Ruth and Ellis~~~Come back after you get your coffee (don't go back to bed).

Clovey~~I make small "pancakes" (cookie size) using Eggbeaters,oatmeal, LF cottage cheese, Splenda, cinnamon and vanilla extract. I have even added alittle chopped apple or blueberries (YUM). Sometimes I even throw in some protein powder.

Jennie~~What a good friend you are to clean your GF's house for her. I hope she appreciated it. So sorry for the loss of your friends

Nascar Girl~~Wasn't it lovely yesterday?!! Definately a Zyrtec day, with the beginning of pollen season. When I go out today, I think I'll put the top down on the car and get some fresh air. HELLO SPRING

MaryHelen~~ Congrats on your 5# loss and good luck with your lab tests.

DynaGirl~~I'm so glad that your US came out negative

Meredith~~Woohoo!!! 4 pounds gone. Now, don't you feel better??

Pebbles~~How's the kitchen remodel coming along?

All those who were feeling sick yesterday, I hope you have a better day today. Gotta get more coffee
** Can we get a coffee cup icon???**

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 03-04-2004 at 06:05 AM.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:15 AM   #6  

Old 03-04-2004, 06:23 AM   #7  

Good Morning Chicks!!!

Clovey, you crack me up!!!

Just wanted to share this w/ my beach buddies: I've been having severe headaches, mostly at the end of the day. My eyes would hurt from straining so I assumed it was because I needed a new prescription for my glasses, which I've worn since sixth grade. I had even quit driving unless absolutely neccessary because it was such a strain on my eyes to see. Anyways, the Doctor did his exam and informed me that my eyesight has actually improved and my current glasses are too strong!!! In fact, he wants me to only wear glasses when I'm driving, watching tv for long periods of time, needing to see longer distances, etc. But I dont have to wear them 24/7 anymore!!!! He attributes this to my weight loss! Another positive result from getting w/ the program. (Duh Traci, you didnt notice you could actually see? lol Nope, just a habit of throwing on the glasses first thing everyday and not taking them off til bedtime.) Ok, sorry to brag!!! I was just amazed! Thanks for listening!!!

Have a wonderful, warm, OP day today!!!

Traci
Old 03-04-2004, 07:30 AM   #8  

Good grief, Traci! That's too bizarre! How wonderful for you!!

Sil, I fell back to sleep in the TV room. Have to get the kids up... back shortly...
Old 03-04-2004, 07:32 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Great news, Traci! I didn't realize weightloss could improve your eyesight!

I'm back after coffee and doggie duty and just had a NSV (Non-Scale Victory). I tried on a pair of size 14 pants and could get them on! Too tight but it means I'm down a size from an 18 to a 16! What a great feeling! The weight isn't moving much but something is shifting. Maybe I'm developing fat armpits? It has to go somewhere.

It's a really "soft" morning today - fog and a mist of rain. Very springlike! More of the snow melted at the side steps and I can see snowdrops peeking up. A day of sun and they'll be on bloom - a Kodak moment! It's happening!

Aside from a walk in my new walking shoes this morning, I am going to do very little. Jane comes to be with Harry this afternoon and I'll finally get to town for a pedometer. If this one screws up, I'll give up on the darn things!

Have a happy Thursday, Beach Babes!
Old 03-04-2004, 07:40 AM   #10  

Congrats Ruth!!! I love to shop for new clothes especially in new sizes! And I know what you mean about things fitting better but the scale not moving. My husband tries to tell me my weight has just shifted to my mouth. (In a way, I like to have a pair of jeans that dont quite fit hanging in my closet. It gives me a little extra motivation.)

The doctor said that losing a significant amount of weight can alter the fluids in your body such as in your eyes which affects your vision. Also, being a Type 1 Diabetic, by losing the weight I've gotten my blood sugars under excellent control which is also related to eyesight.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:56 AM   #11  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hmmm, weight loss improving eye sight?? Well, I do know that 22 years ago when I lost 180 pounds (ex-hubby) I was able to see things much clearer~
Old 03-04-2004, 07:58 AM   #12  
GARDENING ADDICT

Ruth, what a fantastic NSV
Old 03-04-2004, 08:00 AM   #13  

Ruthie, that's wonderful news!
Old 03-04-2004, 08:01 AM   #14  

Ruth that is totally fantastic!! I love it when clothes fit again. I have got these two practically transparent pretty blouses with roses on, one green and one white and pink. And they fit!!! But I am too shy to wear them because of the 'seeing my bra' thing. Maybe I should go sexy undies shopping.....???
Old 03-04-2004, 08:14 AM   #15  

Just don't wear a bra, Clovey.
Closed Thread