South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 11:36 PM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Tuesday Talks- March 2nd

Morning Gals, I thought I would start us out as I am wide awake at 12:30. I went to bed a 6 tonight as I came down with a bit of a flu. I slept till 10:00 got up and had some toast then slept til almost 12:00 and know I am wide awake. Since it is March break here for the kids and DH is home I don't get on the puter during the day as much. I must get back on track. I have 4 months til my sister's wedding and I would like to get 20 pounds off. I think that I am going to join Curves next week. It is just up the road about 3 minutes and they are having a special here next week if you bring in a bag of groceries then they wave the joining fee. So I think I will give it a try. Well Chickies have a great Tuesday. I think I will try to go back to sleep as I have my wee ones coming early and I will regret it if I don't try to get a few more hours of sleep.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:59 AM   #2  

Hey little chick hope you get some sleep, and I love the professor and mayonnaise jar thing you posted too!

Well, it is five to ten in the morning here, and it is clear blue and frosty. I have had one client already and have another at 1pm and then out to supper with an old friend tonight (he is in a panic about what to cook me, and I think he is going to be doing lamb and veggies, bless him.)

I am going to wrap up some baby gifts for the great nephew and his parents now and take them to the post office to send.

Hope all is well
Old 03-02-2004, 06:00 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

God morning, poor sick little chick. I hope you are awake now and feeling fine. The mayo jar post is great!

Clovey, I love it when men cook! I like it almost as much as when they vacuum! When will you get to hold great nephew? I love new babies! Forsythia forsooth! You are hacking it back and here we have trouble getting it to flower! Sometimes the shrubs just flower at the bottom where the snow has covered them all winter!

I made a big mistake yesterday and treated myself to strawberries, a whole wheat English muffin with ff cream cheese and some hot pepper jelly. It tasted great but set off carb cravings bigtime - some of which won the battle! Back to eggs for breakfast this morning.

The forecast is cloudy with showers this morning but Hersh and I will brave the muck and do a walk if it doesn't rain. Lucy escaped yesterday and took me for a merry run through the village. She is still not in heat. Maybe this was a sign that it's coming soon. I WANT puppies for Mother's Day! Hershey gave me her first litter on Mother's Day - so cool!

Time for coffee, breakfast and dog adoration.

Happy Tuesday!
Old 03-02-2004, 08:06 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning again chickies...I am awake Ruthie and feeling better I won't say 100% but better. I did go back to sleep thank goodness. So hopefully I am on the mend. I hope so I am going skiing again on Thursday so I want to be feeling up to it. Well I must go I have a wee one at the door I will be back.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:11 AM   #5  

Good Morning everyone! It's nice here again today suppose to get to 72! The pollen is already starting to fall here. I guess the allergies will kick in soon.

Little Chick: I hope you get over the flu soon. Lots of rest and plenty of fluids will help.

Ok what is Forsythia? I don't know if I have ever heard of this shrub/ tree.

So far day 2 of Phase I is going well. Startingto get a bit of a headache; not sure if its alergy related or detoxin. I hadn't had tht many carbs before I restarted Phase I so it could be alergies

Well better get to work! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:31 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

Little Chick, I'm glad you're starting to feel better. You can lose that 20 pounds... no problem! Have you got an outfit picked out yet?

Clovey, congratulations on your new great nephew!!

Ruthie, it's raining like heck here. It's washing away all the CRAP! I love it!

Nascar, I hope the headache is just detoxing... if so, it'll go in a couple of days. Hang in there!

I'm feeling unusually good this morning. I was ready to kill my psychiatrist yesterday because he isn't ready to raise the level of my meds. But today... so far, so good.

Could someone pick me up some laundry detergent, please? I have about 40 loads sitting on the basement floor, the snow is melting and leaking into the basement, and it's getting messy down there.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:47 AM   #7  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning ladies
Little Chick~~I hope that you will be feeling much better soon.

Clovey~~WOW, a man that not only can cook but knows how to cook lamb. (any chemistry there?)

Ruth~~Strawberries in the middle of Winter? You do lead a lavish life

Nascargirl~~Wasn't it lovely yesterday? I spent 4 hours out in the yards cleaning up flowerbeds, raking and transplanting some fucshia-pink daylilies.
The sun is out now and i will finish the dividing/transplanting today.
Forsynthia is a shrub that loses it's leaves in the winter and it is the first thing to bloom (tiny yellow flowers) in the spring. Very common in Georgia. When they bloom it signals the time to prune back the roses, etc.

Ellis~~It sounds like you are doing OK with the new meds.I'll be happy to give you some detergent if you can meet me at a half-way spot.

I'm doing great on the SB but still need to drink more water. I'm alittle sore from all the yard work yesterday but I plan on getting out there again today. (after I take my Zyrtec)
Old 03-02-2004, 09:15 AM   #8  
Reeling Reverend

Morning chicks! MAN! I have fallen off the wagon HARD I didn't think it was possible to consume as much food as I have in the past couple of days. REDICULOUS! Perhaps it's the stress of starting the business again, not smoking, I just don't know! It can't be not smoking because I had a couple this week. I'm just falling off wagon's left and right...

Tomorrow! By god, I will be back on tomorrow. My lunch is quite legal, and the dinner I've planned is too, so perhaps I'll just start this afternoon. I have got to do SOMETHING!! My dear friend just got engaged and has asked me to be a bride's maid, so I need to get into a dress here pretty soon, and I'd like for it to be less than 20 on the size scale!!

AAAAHHHH!!!!!

Sorry the chick is sick, lamb, Clovey, yummmmm, Hang in there Ruth! Nascar, it's the BRIGHT yellow bushes that are all over the place in the spring... Everyone else HALLOO!!

Off to a *hopefully* more OP day...
Old 03-02-2004, 09:17 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Well Hello everyone!
Prayers of health your way lilchick!

Hey Clovey. One day I am goin to try lamb. The older I get the more I am willing to try new foods.

Ruth we have rain here as well. Very dark and dreary out. I think I will stay in all day. Not that that is anything new for me.

Nascargirl it's probably the air causin your pain. But it might be easier if it was carbs it would clear up faster than allergy season probably.

Ellis I would love to give you some washin powders but I am about out myself. I have got to get to Sam's soon. But right now I only have about 2 or 3 loads. And that is mainly due to colors. I'm sure your meds will be fine.

2BFIT1 try not to over do it out in the yard. DH is gonna have to get started on ours pretty soon. Our sod is starting to turn green but it is with weeds! Our mulch is lookin the same way. He is usually real good at keeping it all looking good but he was to busy with that rental house and now has to play catch up.

Crystal we posted at the same time. Yes just start right back in. Nothing like a big event to get you motivated!

Well I have no great plans today. Watch it rain. I thought I had sweet ants but when my bug man got here this morning he informed me that they are fire ants! They seem to be trying to take over. Well I've called in reinforcements and they are outta here. Hopefully very soon! Take care all and have an OP day!

Last edited by Bamiegurl; 03-02-2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:51 AM   #10  

Hi everyone! I hope you're all having an OP day!

I have lots to do today, but I just wanted to share a funyn story. I saw an amazing dress this weekend and I had that moment of anger where I think, "what a cute dress, why don't they make it in a bigger size dammit?!" But it is the cutest dress ever, so I tried on the biggest size they had, and it fit! It's a 14! I nearly died! I had to ask the sales lady to look at me and tell me if it really did fit me, or if I was just crazy. She told me it fit, and when I got home I showed my mom, who has an impressive history of being blatantly honest with me, and even she said it looked nice. I typically wear an 18, and sometimes a 16. So yay. My mini victory. Now I just need an occasion to wear it!

Otherwise, I'm trying to stay OP this week, and even stay Phase I-ish. Being in Phase II is dangerous because it's a slipperly slope. I feel like if I buy a loaf of bread, or allow myself to eat a lot of fruit, I'm going to slip right back into my old habits and all this good progress is going to go away. We'll see.

I hope all of you are doing well!!!!!
Old 03-02-2004, 09:54 AM   #11  

WHAT!? Bamie, what the heck are "sweet ants" and "fire ants"?!?

Sil, I can't get over all that yard work you did yesterday!
Old 03-02-2004, 09:56 AM   #12  

Overfedup, congratulations on the dress size!!
Old 03-02-2004, 10:19 AM   #13  
A Lily from my yard!

Ellis y'all don't have those ants where you are? Sweet ants are just like reg. ants. Fire Ants have a stinger like thingy on 'em and will nail ya. Some people are allergic to them. DS fell in a pile of them Sunday at the tennis courts and got several bites. Be glad you don't know them! haha They are really bad in the south.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:57 AM   #14  

here we just have red ants and black ants. The red ones bite you. I visted Australia and they have these incredible greenants which taste of euclayptus and you can use them to mitigate cold symptoms...you have to hold them by the head and bite the rest off.(or is that hold them by the bum and eat the head? somesuch). Also they are antiseptic so you can put them in a wound.

(clovey bows in humility and disappears back behind her magnifying glass and cases of pinned out insect samples)
Old 03-02-2004, 12:03 PM   #15  

my god
Closed Thread