South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 07:02 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default March Monday Chat - March 1

Wakey! Wakey! Now month and new week! March is in like a lamb this morning with a clear sunrise underway. Let's hope the out like a lion part gets forgotten!

Miss Lucy woke me before 5 this morning. I was all excited, thinking her barks were telling me she is in heat, but the problem was an empty water bowl! We should get up a pool on her!

I did get out for a walk and shovelling yesterday. It was sort of dull but sure was nice to be warm! I even wore my Gortex jacket instead of my heavy but warm Michelin Man winter coat! There is still lots and lots of snow but the "lads" are tapping the trees today so the season is underway. Now we wait for March 21 to make it official.

This morning I will to get out for another walk and then have to tidy yet another closet. Kevin has taken off the louvered doors in the back room to fix the slats and I don't think I can stand to look at the messy shelves until he brings them back. We may go to Wal-Mart in Brockville for an "outing" for Harry. Once again I'll check out pedometers!

Today is the day I cut forsythia and crabapple branches for forcing so I am feeling very spry and springish. All I need now is a robin and I'll die of spring ecstasy! (The earliest we've had robins here is March 16 but hope springs eternal!)

What's on your Monday plate?
Old 03-01-2004, 07:17 AM   #2  

Hi Ruth,

How do you force forsythia? I have a few bushes in the backyard, and would love to give it a try. I also have a crabapple.

Have a great day.

Jo
Old 03-01-2004, 07:17 AM   #3  

Morning Ruth! Good Morning to all the chicks on the beach!!

This morning my husband and I are going to the Y and attempt our first game of Raquetball, his idea. Hmmmmmm, this should be interesting!!

My sister is engaged and has asked me to be Maid of Honor so this afternoon we're going shopping for my dress! I'm so excited!! Lilac is the color and June is the wedding. (More motivation to stay OP!!!!)

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! I'm so glad March is here, a new month and a new beginning in a way.

Traci
Old 03-01-2004, 07:33 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jojams, I'd PM you the instructions but you need to change your profile so you can receive private messages. Go to User CP and options.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:44 AM   #5  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning Ladies, Wow I am making it in as the 5th poster! Hooray! I am not a morning person, but I have alot of work to do today out of the house so I figured I'd stop by because you guys are my top priority! Well, ok after my hubby! Like Ruth said its a new month all nice and fresh with no mistakes in it. So I am gonna do my best to stay OP. My new goal is 217 by my b-day.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:49 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chickies, I am so sore this morning. We had a great skiing day yesterday. I skiied about 15 runs, 1 I walked half up, and 1 I went down on my butt half way down. I decided that I should try a black diamond so DH took me down. Let me tell you that won't happend again. I think I will stick to the beginner trails. We are going again on Thursday to a different hill. I hope I can walk by then as I am shuffling along today. It is not pretty. Then to top it all off TOM came. What a day.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:56 AM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Hey all! Draggin in on this March Monday morning. I hope the freezing weather is behind us. Looks like we are in for rain now. Hope we all have an OP day and week. I've got to get to teh grocery store today or my family is goin to be on a fast. haha I'll chack y'all later.

Oh my gosh I just saw the high is supposed to be 68 today and had to add it in! Although it's supposed to storm aslo. Here comes tornado weather.

Last edited by Bamiegurl; 03-01-2004 at 08:04 AM.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:29 AM   #8  

morning all. we had a beautiful weekend here temps in the high 50's all the snow is melted. and i caught the sparrows fighting over their favorite house in my yard yesterday spring is on the way!!! the garage remodel is officially under wayand dh is so excited he could bust. we got 6 base cabinets on sat at the kraftmaid warehouse, really nice big ones including a corner piece with a lazy susan for $60 each. so i now officially have nicer cabinets in the garage than i do in my own kitchen but thats ok (for now) this is dh's big project and he is very excited. i was the leader of the last home improvement project (new carpeting). we take turns. we also got a countertop yesterday for out there built a corner work bench with it all so he has 10ft of workspace on his side and i have the same on mine. got some of my gardening tools and potting stuff in the cupboards etc. and it is really starting to look great. we also got the weight bench, stairmaster, and punching bag unburied in the opposite corner and the tv is hooked up so i have no excuse but to exercise (at least none that i can think of at the moment) sure i will come up with something after this cup of coffee. well have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-01-2004, 08:32 AM   #9  

Forsythia! Huh! Mine is growing in to my dining room, yes that is In To my diining room. It has found an air brick and worked it way in, up through the radiator cover and out the top by the window..... Invasion!!!!

Actually I am going through an antiforsythia time in my life. Time was when it burst in to yellow first thing in the year and I became full of joy at the coming of spring. Then gradually I started finding the yellow a bit much. I think it invading my house is a way of saying 'yellow I am and yellow I be and I am going to herald spring no matter what!' Hmmmm. Irrepressible plant.

I have just received some seeds for 17 foot sunflowers (so it says on the packet....). Now how is that for vulgar. I am going to plant them in my front garden to freak out the neighbours.... I dont know if I will be able to see out of the windows come august.....!!

Will it ever be august?

OK, so I have just had left over ethiopian chicken (no cayenne, added aubergine) for brunch.

I am a Great Aunt! To a boy, born 28th Feb at 10 pm (lucky!). My neice and her husband (who broke his ankle last week poor pet) are both doing fine, and my brother (yes, him again.... ) seems to have been stunned in to silence by becoming a grandparent. I am so happy.

love to all, off now to try to get this research proposal in the state it must be in to be finished by Friday (yeah, right).
Old 03-01-2004, 09:12 AM   #10  

Morning Chicks! I'm feeling my age today! I'm sore from all the raking etc. We worked in the yard for 5 hours yesterday. It looks much better. I'm feeling it today though. Started Phase I again yesterday so far so good. Although I feel bloated today; I guess my musels are holding water from all that work yesterday. They haven't been used in a while

Well gotta get back to work will try to check in later!
Old 03-01-2004, 09:44 AM   #11  

Default Merry March

Good Morning & Merry March!
We can feel spring in the air..had a lovely warmish weekend here...it was almost 50 degrees!
I travelled into Boston yesterday & had lunch at Anthony's Pier 4...a lovely old seafood restaurant...has the BEST steamers ever...and a bloody mary!
OK..and a popover...but only one...and they're mostly eggs aren't they???? (Just humor me on that one!).
I am absolutely down in the dumps today...I can't seem to pull myself out this morning. Oh well..I'll throw myself into work today & forget about it.
I hate feeling blue....
I am PMSing...enough said...just keep the chocolate away from my desk!
Have a nice 1st days of March,
Jan
Old 03-01-2004, 09:44 AM   #12  

ah-chew! Home sick with the dreaded flu today. Had to send email to work cuz I cannot talk, so I thought I'd stop by to say hi!

Got about 2 hours total sleep last night--body aches and chills. I hope I can nap sometime today. I am not one to sleep during the day, but maybe......today......

Talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 03-01-2004, 12:56 PM   #13  

I am so jealous of everyone with their nice weather! Ours has gone downhill over the last week. It rained all yesterday, turned to snow and ice overnight and now is blowing around in the freezing wind. To top that off, for lunch today, I have to go eat with my boyfriend's family at Dairy Queen! Home of my favorite foods, ice cream and onion rings. I did so good this weekend staying OP even with TOM and now I'm doomed to screw it all up in one little lunch.

Now I'm all crabby. I have to weigh in after lunch. That ought to keep me from straying too far. This is day 8 of Phase 1 and I don't want to start all over again. I need to go to the gym today too. Maybe if I do eat a little ice cream, I can just work out an extra 20-30 minutes. Uggh.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:07 PM   #14  

Ruth,
I have followed your instructions and enabled PMs.
Jo
Old 03-01-2004, 10:11 PM   #15  
Member Florida Chick

Our Norwegian Visitors Have Arrived So I Probably Won't Be Around Much For A Few Days. Keep On The Beach With All Diligence. Lizzie
Closed Thread