South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 06:59 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Chat - March 15 - The Ides!

So Calpurnia sez to Big Julie, "Stay home today. Do you HAVE to go to the stupid Forum?" But Big Julie ignored her and went and Brutus and the hoods offed him!
Beware the ides of March!
Ain't a classical edjicayshin wunnnerful?

I was awake and up at frassing 4 AM this morning! I sure am in Spring mode although it's cold and snowy out there. I started off the daily post and, when I went to submit, found that the Forum was down for maintenance! So the Girls and I had breakfast and a cuddle.

Hershey goes to her first treadmill session at 8:30 this morning. If she's not exhausted afterwards, we will do a village walk despite the crappy weather. Harry has a dental appointment for a cleaning at noon so we may just do our walk while he is in the chair. The dentist is in the next village so that would give us a bit more variety.

Both Girls have just been switched to the Bones and Raw Food diet and were just delighted over breakfast this morning. (I'm not sure how I am going to be able to stomach preparing raw meat, chopped bones, raw egg and kelp first thing but we shall see.) Hersh has to get the weight off and Miss Lucy aka No, not yet! has to gain some. I'm hoping the low carb will help them.

It's about time to crank up Harry so he can be tested, medicated and fed before I drive Hersh to the "gym".

What's happening in your part of the world? Pull up a lounge chair and chat!
Old 03-15-2004, 07:12 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Ruth...Great minds think alike...I looked at the calender and thought "Gee, Ides of March". Since I'm into this thing of looking at the positive side of things, I'm going to say it's going to be a great day.

Fell off the wagon yesterday evening. Dd, who's been feeling yucky, begged me to make Guadalajara enchiladas. So, I spent 4 hours in the kitchen mixing, seasoning, tasting, boiling, shredding and frying..then eating. It wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for the gorditas. (Think corn tortilla, but the thickness of a pancake) Other than that, it was shredded chicken breast in chili sauce with a side of pinto beans. ~~sigh~~ oh, well, back on plan today, right?

Going to walk tonight. The goal is 2 1/2 miles.

You all have a wonderful day.

Mamacita
Old 03-15-2004, 07:13 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Ruthie and the rest of you chicks yet to check in. I am back after a very busy week-end, and I am still a wee bit sleepy. It snowing again here today. OK I said I wanted more snow to ski this week-end but I think even I have had enough of this white stuff.
We had a successful dance a thon we had 40 kids and we raised about 2600.00 that we split between 4 troupes. I spent 2 of the 5 hours dancing myself. I had the kids dancing to the Ants go marching, hokey pokey, the chicken song, sally the camel and the list goes on. I had many people tell me how good I was looking nothing better than a compliment to get you back on track. Well I must go for now I have much to do today. I need to get my resignation letter ready as I have decided to resign from my executive position at the community center. And I have to get my reports done for the annual meeting which is on Thursday night. I also have to get somethings done for the book fair which is coming up next month for school and I need to get my tax stuff in order to give to my accountant. Gotta love Mondays. Ohhh I really have to go the kids have to go get them off to the bus. Check in again later.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:14 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Mamacita we were posting at the same time.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:25 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

I think that means I should stay home from the gym today.

Babes, can you believe it?! Ruth's Girls have joined us on the Low Carb/Exercise plan.

The arthritis in my thumbs is killing me. Must be a change in the weather coming.
I AM going to the gym... better get changed. Have a great day, dear girls... love and hugs to all...
Old 03-15-2004, 07:31 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Bundle up, Sweet Ellis. I've been out for firewood and it's cold out there.
At least your middle finger isn't incapacitated!
Shall we put The Girls on the Monday weigh-in?
Old 03-15-2004, 07:33 AM   #7  

Good morning everyone! Today starts Phase II! I bought some Uncle Same cereal and thought I'd try it for breakfast. I am a bit tired of eggs (even though I made them every way imaginable!). Last night I made the Orange Roughy in scallion/ginger sauce (it's in the book). I used Cod and it was very yummy. Oven roasted some zucchini, red onions, and tomatoes for the side.

I am going to the health food store later to browze around. Ours carries a nice artesan bread made by a local company. I thought I'd check it out. Then, I REALLY need to work on my doctoral project. It's one of those things looming over me like a dark cloud.

Off to check if the weigh-in forum has gotten started.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:11 AM   #8  

Hi all

My posting got swallowed up in this morning's Maintenance Shutdown too, so here we are again.

Well, the week dawns kind of over cast here. But lots of seeds got planted at the weekend including the hotties in the propagators in the bedroom.....I love this time of the year with my babies growing away at the foot of my bed. You can hear them growing if you listen hard enough. I love it.

So this week is worky worky worky. I am determined to stay OP. I tried on some clothes a size down, and found that the legs of the jeans were too narrow. I have short fat legs. I dont really mind the rest of my body that much, even with it's copious amounts of flesh, but I would like longer, lither (sp?) legs. I have been scaring myself looking at piccies of excess skin on legs following massive weight loss.

But for now must work on the massive weight loss.

Here is a painful story. When I was a little girl I used to do ballet. But as I grew up and got to about 10 years old I started to get self conscious that my thighs wobbled more than the other girls. So my mum came to watch a class and at the end she said 'I looked very carefully and your legs dont wobble any more than anyone elses'. But I knew she was lying. Now how about that? I gave up ballet (which to be honest was never going to be my vocation.). A few years later I took up politics where I could wear jeans and drink beer and smoke and criticise people loudly and that worked much better for a few years.

OK, must go and stare in to the fridge to find some Massive Weight Loss inducing lunch. Then I have to look at these pension forms. I have decided that it is about time that I got myself sorted out on the pension front (as I am 37). I have a pension somewhere that I stopped paying in to when I was hard up about 5 or 10 years ago, and it has to be reactivated. But they seem to be wanting £500 a month from me!!! Which is more than I am currently earning.... Penury awaits. Will have to brush up on the self sufficiency skills. (or maybe I could sell my excess skin? Like those victorian women used to sell their hair?)

xx
Old 03-15-2004, 09:03 AM   #9  

Morning Chickies!

The race was great yesterday even though my driver #18 Bobby Labonte had a rotten day. Yesterday was not a OP day; I tried but did not make it too well so.... back on it this AM.

Ok chicks, I gotta vent DH really p*issed me off last night. Not sure I'll get over this too easy. He had the gall to tell me I was not sexy and didn't know how to be! Can we say he's cut off for a long term! He had the nerve to call me at work and say that I forgot to kiss him before I left this AM! I told him no, after his comments yesterday, I don't foresee this happening any time soon. I realize I'm 40 pounds over weight, I don't look like the Goodyear blimp or anything; if fact I'm one of those body types that I guess store the fat inside; I'm heavier than I look. My 14's are loose and I'm wearing a 12 today; of course DH is rail thin about 5' 9" and may weigh 160 soaking wet. So any ideas how a 40 yr old can rejuvinate herself to be sexy? Of course I'm gonna make him suffer for sometime maybe months after his comments.

Last edited by Nascar Girl; 03-15-2004 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:04 AM   #10  
I got Madonna tickets!

Hello everyone,

Ahhh, the Ides of March...yes...it's also my brothers birthday. Last year, we got him a cake that had a leprechaun on it with a comic book bubble coming out of his mouth that said, "Et tu, David?" We had quite a chuckle. (Yes, my family, we are all geeks, bare with me.)

Otherwise, good weekend. Last night had a great OP dinner, chicken and chick pea curry with a little bit of brown rice. Might have been a little heavy on the carbs with the chickpeas and the rice, but hey, curry needs rice. Even had leftovers! And for breakfast we had mexican omelettes, which were wonderful. I love the different things I am thinking of these days to eat, that's probably the best thing about this diet.

But I was sabotaged by family friday night! There were these green things on the table and I asked what they were, 'oh, they're leeks' just leeks? 'just leeks'...ate two because they were fantastic...only to find out...just leeks also meant leeks and potato!!! HELLO?! But, they were good. Friday nights are family dinner and there are always carbs, but this time I didn't eat any bread, which was an improvement.

At work, gotta get to it this morning.

Ruth, I don't envy you having to make the dogs food. It sounds wretched.
Ellis, enjoy the gym. (What's a gym? ha ha)
LittleChick, congrats on everyone telling you you look better. Same has been happening for me, and it really does make me put down the bad food!
Clovey, I am sure you could ebay your skin.
Mamacita, the dinner sounds good...everyone slips now and again.
Bluegrass...let us know how the health store trip goes...I love hearing everyone's stories of new products....

Have a good one!

--Dynagrrl.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:40 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone! I will start phase II this coming Thursday, can't wait! I have lost almost 7 pounds already, very exciting news!!!!

Nascargirl, your husband must be crazy! All women are sexy no matter what their size. That's what my husband says, anyway.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:52 AM   #12  
Reeling Reverend

Woo-ha! It's Monday.

We had SUCH a busy weekend... Our friends that swore up and down that we wouldn't have to help them move, yeah, well, we helped them move. The husband is such a weenie! ME! The 5 foot nothin bad backed fat girl had to lift the couch with my man because the 6 foot tall giant's back was hurting (poor baby PA-Leez!)

I turned into a cleaning monster last night. I don't what came over me! I SCRUBBED the kitchen and the bathroom. I mean got into the nooks and crannies that Thomas himself (of English muffin fame) couldn't fathom. Jorge said he's never seen this side of me before and he liked it!!

Ruth- Et tu, Ruth-e? The raw food diet is supposed to be terrific. Our dog training teacher had her lab on it and said her stool was much better (ew, is that even possible?) and her coat had never been shinier, etc.

Mamcita- You could have fallen off the wagon a lot harder. You're back today, that's all that matters. Hope your girl feels better!

Little Chick- You go girl!! Love getting those compliments (though it hasn't happened in a while!!)

Ellis- What is this "gym" thing you speak of...

Bluegrass- Get going! We want to call you Dr. Bluegrass!!

Clovey- I'm confused by your post. Do you have indoor plants? Or do you live out a romance novel by night...

Nascar- Are you serious? I would have shot him. There's obviously some stressor in his life, and his output is limited to insults for his wife. Sometimes men slip up, but that's just a blatant insult. It's gonna take a lot of roses to fix this one, no? I'm so sorry. We know you're beautiful, and as long as you do, too, it'll be OK.

Dyna(dork)-That's your new name. Please. I've spewed out at least 6 Ides jokes today. Poor *******s in the elevator... they get stuck with the crazy fat girl who also happens to be a HUGE nerd! Happy b-day to the brother!

Everyone else- Good morning!! Hope you've enjoyed my sermon as much as I have. I am off to feign work.... Tootles!!
Old 03-15-2004, 11:30 AM   #13  

Thanks C-handla and Crystal Caity for your support!

C-handla - you go girl! 7 pounds gone forever is great!!!!

CrystalCaity - I know how the moving goes. Seems like that happens to me too! We're too good hearted. Right now I've been helping my brother with painting inside of his house. He just went thru a nasty divorce and he got the house and the baby Long story short... she got caught cheating; flew to meet a man in TN when baby was 5 mos old told noone she was going outta town! 14 yrs down the tubes. Just when ya think ya know someone.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:32 AM   #14  
A Lily from my yard!

Good morning Chickies! It has been crazy here. One thing after another. I had a nice visit with my mom. It was way to short she left Sat. cause she teaches a Sunday school class at church and had to get back. Also my dad that raised me called and was at my sisters house who is his daughter in Tn. and said him and his wife were gonna stop by to see us. I have not seen him in about 3 years. Mom made sure to exit before they got here. He wanted her to wait til they got here but Mom was ready to go. Sat. my cousin that lives in the same town as my biological dad called and said they were trying to get in touch with me could he give them my number. I said sure. It was actually my dad's ex-wife who was trying to track me down. I was 21 when I met him for the first time and had not talked to him in about 8 or 9 years. I also found out that his youngest son my half brother I guess died about 2 years ago from a heart problem of some kind. He was around my age and I'm 35. Jimmy (my bio dad's name) was there and Betty asked if I wanted to talk to him and I told her to tell him if he wanted to talk to me to call me. He said he would I guess we will see. Betty has email so we will keep in touch. She said she had tried to look me up on the internet but I have gotten divorced and remarried since the last time I talked to them. They live close to Mephis Tn. I was really glad to hear from her.

Ok I guess I have babbled long enough. Nascar Girl I hate it when my husband says crap like that. He'll say do you want me to lie? Well yea!!!!! DUH-HUH You go girl hold out.

To the rest of ya let's all have an OP week!
Old 03-15-2004, 12:11 PM   #15  
Reeling Reverend

Nascar- Good for your brother!! Mine also was married, found out his wife was cheating, How, you ask? WELL! She was smooching on my MOTHER'S boyfriend and I walked in. It was kind of tough being 17 and having to break it to your mom and your brother that their respective partners were cheating with each other! We're painting (or trying to) also, so we're on the same field here!!

Bamie- DEAR LORD!! What a tangled web we weave, no? Again,
Your Christmas card list must be ****!! I always say my family puts the FUN in dysfunction!! I have steps and remarries and all that too!!
Closed Thread