South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 07:14 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Angry Weekend Chatter

Good morning.

It's a darn winter wonderland out there again! I'm off to Smiths Falls again this morning for wine bottling, diet dog food and to return yet another pedometer to Canadian Tire. Grrrrr! I just have lousy luck with those things. Maybe I should buy one and send it to Ellis to set up for me.

Up until bedtime last night, I didn't think I'd be able to go anywhere today as my wallet completely disappeared - no card, licence or cash! When I was straightening out the Doggage beds last night, I found it hidden under Lucy's bed! What a brat! Maybe she felt she needed it for her trip out West whenever that is going to happen.

Weight is still the same. I need some sort of shaking up, I guess. Maybe exercise? What a concept!

Have a great Saturday whatever your plans.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:50 AM   #2  

morning ladies!! happy weekend!! ruth that is funny about lucy hiding your wallet, i bet she was just trying to keep it safe. i have a little terrier (annie) and she likes to take my shoe, she hides it under the sofa in the living room and stores her evening snack in it. no kidding she transports little bits of food one piece at a time from her bowl to the shoe. it just cracks me up. (keeps me cleaning under the furniture) but totally cracks me up, like a squirrell storing food for the winter. dogs are so funny. we have another big weekend here still in the dd's big basketball tournament hopefully 2 more days (go lindsey) lots of cleaning, errands etc etc etc why was it i looked forward from being off of work on the weekends again??
ruth sorry to hear your weight loss is in neutral, all the trips back and forth with the pedometer should constitute exercise. hang in there!!!
have a great saturday everyone!!
Old 02-21-2004, 08:30 AM   #3  
Member Florida Chick

Good morning everyone: Actually a day when I don't have a ton of stuff to do. I'm not sure if I can manage. :

Ruth: I'm sort of on the same plane as you. I keep floating up and down 2 lbs, and it is most irritating. And yesterday didn't help, as I tried out a gingerbread recipe from the Welsh cookbook by cyber friend, and maybe cousin from Wales sent me. It was delicious. but I gave a lot of it away so we wouldn't be too tempted. I have been searching ancestry, and friend Gaynor found the marriage records of what we believe to be my GGGrandfather and GGGrandmother. It is so cool, to finally know where my family originally came from. And it seems that we have many family names the same in our history, so that is why I say maybe cousin. I think I have to save my money for a trip over there. That has always been a dream of mine, and now I know where to go.

Our dog likes to play with her food. She'll get one piece and then toss it around for a while before she finally eats it. They are lots of fun and entertainment, and they sure do give you unconditional love.

Hi to everyone . And have a great weekend. Lizzie
Old 02-21-2004, 09:01 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, that's so sweet that Lucy hid your wallet. snicker.
Be careful driving, sweetie!

Damn this weather! A friend is taking me out for a birthday breakfast this morning. I'm going to suggest we just walk down the street to an Italian bakery.

Jodi, I hope Lindsey's tournament goes well!!

Lizzie, that's so cool re: your GGgrandparent's wedding records!

Sorry... rushing to make myself look presentable. I was just out shoveling off the front steps in a shawl, and now I smell like a wet dog.

Oh. Confession. Chinese food last night. Back up the two pounds I'd lost.

Have a lovely day, all! Love and hugs to all.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:13 AM   #5  
I got Madonna tickets!

Hi everyone,

I am just having a quiet Saturday morning. I just finished eating breakfast (two eggs on one slice carb counting bread) and a cup of tea, finished studying for my equivalency law test, and watching Justice League, wondering when Wonder Woman became able to fly???

The snow seems to be coming and going, but it is supposed to be warmer today, so I embrace it!

We are going out to dinner tonight with some friends, so that should be fun. Hope they have some form of chicken and salad or good veg or something! I ordered a low-carb cookbook that will come on Monday. I am quite excited!

Everyone sounds like they are having a good morning...weight loss bumps and all. My posting slacked off last week, and so did my OP self, so I am back this week.

Ellis, I hope you have a wonderful birthday breakfast, and Ruth, let me know about the pedometer. I couldn't ever get one to work. Hi Lizzie and Jodi!

I hope we all have good days and eat what we should (or at the very least what we really really want!!!)!

Dynagrrl.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:26 AM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Mornin Chickies! All is well here in Alabama. Sunny with a high of 55. Although I will probably spend the day cleaning and doing laundry. I have had a good op week. I did find out last night that our Branch is having it's Royalty meeting to honor 2003 top displayers and such TODAY! Hey thanks for the notice! Oh well I'm not goin it's about 2 hours away and this short notice I just can't swing it. I hope you all have a wonderful day today. I'm off to get some breakfast and coffee. I slept in today!
Old 02-21-2004, 02:07 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Hey! Back from a very successful morning of errands. I even got the diet dog food - finally. I discovered that the bigger grocery store in The Falls has Atkins Bread! it's expensive so i won't be too tempted since I am a frugal shopper but it's nice to know some civilization is arriving in the boonies.

Go lindsey! Is your dog related to Lucy, Jodi? Lucy "buries" bones and toys throughout the house - in Gail's cleaning basket is a favourite place.

Lizzie, I just gave up on the pedometer and got a refund - for now! So silly to need a step counter to motivate me. Maybe we should buddy up and get off this darn plateau or whatever it is. We have to be in great shape for July!

Ellis, you know darn well that is just water weight! And what's so bad about smelling like a wet dog? Eh? Eh? Eh?

Dynagirl, good luck at dinner tonight. Let's hope they are serving something simple. I hate trying to stay OP when faced with lasagna, Caesar salad, garlic bread and cheesecake - my DIL's usual company meal!

Bamiegirl, sleeping in sounds wonderful! And thanks for the signature reminder of whispers. Sometimes we forget to listen.

I am going to go for a wee nap right now. I've already shovelled the sticky wet snow off three of the porches and steps and have put away the groceries. Last night I cut through the nail on my left forefinger while preparing fajitas and it hurts like heck! Advil and a nap may fix the problem. I'm askairt to take off the bandage and assess the damage but I think I may lose the whole nail. Dumb move from an experienced cook! Maybe after a nap, I'll brave it.
Old 02-21-2004, 03:26 PM   #8  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning Ladies, I just got done eating lunch. I already went to the gym this morning.
Dynagrl- Originally Wonder woman was able to fly. Then in the 60's they decided that she was too powerful (as a female) and they took it away. Then years later they gave it back to her, but then decided that they wanted to portray WW as a strong female that didn't need to rely on super powers. Now that the Justice League has come back again they decided to give her ability to fly back. As the story goes her powers were granted to her by her goddess.
I am really not this big of a nerd. I asked my DH. I knew he would know since he has quite a comic book collection from when he was a kid.
Old 02-21-2004, 04:16 PM   #9  
Imagine...

Hi Gang! Just thought I'd checked in with y'all, everyone seems to be doing so well.

We have been very busy around here turning our guest room into a little boy's room. Although with all the running around I STILL haven't lost any weight Atleast I haven't gained heh heh heh

It has been decided that my nephew will stay with us. It is around the corner from his Dad's so he can see him often, and his friends and school are close by. Poor little guy really does miss his Mom. Who btw is in florida right now with her new boyfriend, and hasn't even called to check on the boy. I don't know what I was expecting but ya think she would give a crap. And my brother is drinking like there is now tomorrow..... Man what a difference a few months can make...I must say Joe (my nephew) has changed our home life dramatically for the better. Although the kid does not shut up! Just chatter, chatter, chatter. Anyway enough about me.

Ellis sweetie happy belated birthday hope it was as special as you are! So nice that you have rented your apartment! I guess we both have new additions

Hugs to Den, Ruth, Franny, Deets, Lizzie, Sil and to all the other beautiful south beach babes I haven't met yet!

Hopefully once I get better at this parenting business I will be better organized and able to check in more often...not to mention get my arse back op and dare I say it,.........EXERCISE!

Have a sparkling week-end loves!
Old 02-21-2004, 06:32 PM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Thank GOD you're back, Ruth. I'm terribly superstitious, and thought perhaps that Lucy hiding your wallet was a sign that you'd have a car accident if you left the house today. Didn't want you to know how STUPID I am about that stuff. If you were dead right now, you'd be haunting me, though.
I hope your finger feels better soon.
Ummm... the Atkins bread is expensive, but if you only eat one slice a day instead of six, it all evens out.

Dyna, I hope you have fun with your friends this evening!! And good luck with your law test.

Hey, Bamie!

Jennie, congrats on the workout!!

Sflake, I'm so glad you checked in... I was worried, and was just about to PM you. Poor little Joe... that just breaks my heart. I'm so glad he's got you and your DH and sister. I'll be saying lots of prayers for all of you and for your dear brother.

Had a very nice breakfast out with my girlfriend. She didn't have her two-year old with her this time, thank goodness. I'm so intolerant of ill-behaved children.
DH took our children to a hockey game this afternoon, and I had a bag of bridge mix, a small bag of Doritos, and a nap. Feeling rather icky. Pants are terribly tight. Think I'll make a pot of coffee...
Old 02-21-2004, 08:03 PM   #11  
Member Florida Chick

Ellis: You must be having a carb hangover! After I made my Welsh gingerbread and ate more than my share, I know what that is. We have got keep ourselves OP for our big meeting in July, but if we don't we'll just have a group hug anyway.Sisters in the struggle.

Ruth: That goes for you too. We just have to save up for chez Piggy, or some such lovely place. I'm sorry for your injured finger. There is nothing that throbs any worse than an injured fingernail.

Hi SFlake: You are going to have a few gold stars and jewels in your Heavenly crown. Your nephew is blessed to have you to care for him. It is really hard on a little one when the grown-ups you are supposed to count on just mess up so.

Hi All: Keep up the good work.

Clovey: are you familiar with Wales at all?

Lizzie
Old 02-21-2004, 09:58 PM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

SF Glad to see you check in. It's sad that not everyone that gives birth turns out to be a great parent. But the bright side is that there are great parents that have never given birth! I'll keep you in my prayers. Try to keep us posted on y'all. We think about you all and what a difficult time this is. He's very fortunate to have you. Hopefully your brother will realize very soon that just because she left does not mean he can check out as well.

Ruth... Oh I'll pray for your finger also. When my Mom was cooking for Tanya Tucker she tried to fillet her finger and I know how bad that hurt her so I know you are in pain as well. (accidently of course) You use your hands for everything!

To the rest of the lil chickies on the beach Goodnight all and have a Blessed Suday. Between church and my show tomorrow afternoon I may not get a chance to pop in. But I will see you all at weigh in bright and early monday morning! I can't wait cause I'm past my stall!
Old 02-21-2004, 10:41 PM   #13  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey chickie girls just hopped in after going to a dance show at our local theater. Wow what a show. My daugther and dance troupe opened the show. The did great. I wish that I was doing great with my eating but I am not. I have been avoiding the scales maybe I should get my butt on them it then I might get back on track. Ruthie how funny I just bought low carb bread today. The first that I have seen it here it has 7 grams I assume that is good. I am not sure what it cost I just bought it I will have to check my recipt. Well I must go it is late and I am getting sleepy, and I am chatting online with my cousin and with my friend. Good night my chickies.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:07 AM   #14  

Wonder Woman!
Wonder Woman!

All the world is waiting for you
and the power you possess
In your satin tights
fighting for your rights
And the old red white and blue

Wonder Woman!
Wonder Woman!

Now the world is ready for you
and the wonders you can do
Make a hawk a dove
stop a war with love
Make a liar tell the truth

Wonder Woman!
Get us out from under, Wonder Woman

All our hopes are pinned upon you
and the magic that you do
Stop a bullet cold
make the axis fold
change their minds and change the world

Wonder Woman!
Wonder Woman!

You're a wonder, Wonder Woman!
Old 02-22-2004, 07:25 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Good Lord! Such inspiration early on a Sunday morning, Clovey!

I'm up but barely functioning so may go back to bed with a book. I seem to be starting a wee bit of a cold so I'll fight it with sleep and herb tea and win. Just call me Wonder Woman.

I really wanted to start some seeds today but that may wait. I'll be back later to check out posts.
Closed Thread