Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 08:11 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink February 2009 ~ Monthly Chick Chat

Good Morning,

Just thought I'd start up a NEW chat for the month. For some reason typing February felt good, almost like YEAH Spring is near LOL

Dd isn't feeling well and we are scheduled for a birthday party today, so we'll see what happens, if her fever goes up within the next couple of hours we're going to have to cancel.

Work is crazy, between the new possible merger and a new boss, an inspection next month and a huge meeting next week I'm completely insane LOL

How are you guys?
Old 02-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

Hi leenie, so sorry to hear about your Dd. I hope she is feeling better. There sure are a lot of flus going around. Two of my girls are sick with head colds right now. I'm so glad that DdC and I didn't go down to North Vancouver for her judo tournament this weekend with how sick she is feeling. Your work sounds hectic at the moment. Remember to take a breather for yourself every so often.
Not much planned here today, I really should do some cleaning tho things are getting a little out of control, so many papers on the table we can't find it anymore!

Well have a great day everyone.
Take care,
K
Old 02-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #3  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Happy Feb. Everybody.

Well its official. We have the house. So we've made some progress in purging a lot of things. I know moving isn't a fun thing, but it will feel good to get rid of a lot of the "junk" we've acquired by living here. Also will be nice to finally get away from the noisy neighbor, he was at it again lastnight/early this morning. This time I recorded him. (he yells, screams and curses)

I baby-sitted my friends baby friday night. Went just fine, the baby had 3 babysitters though. My friends mom was there and my DH didn't go to his friends house after all. Guess they figured I couldn't do it alone. Whatever. I've watched enough kids in my time but ya know whatever. lol.

I have been in pain ever since Friday night. I think I have a pinched nerve because my whole right leg hurts. It hurts to sit and I have to go back to work tonight and sit 12.5 hrs. Yes I can get up in between calls (work in a call center) but its still painful and my pain pills aren't working either....I took some tylenol pm's maybe they will work.

Also just been bummed. I feel like people are trying to "run" my life. Maybe they are just being nice and offering "advice" but I didn't ask for any.

I didn't weigh myself this week, I haven't been that good. Don't need something else to get me down.

Well its back to work tonight.......Yippee Skippy.

I just wanna run away. Well sorry this is so whiny.

Latta.

Have a Good Day.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 02-01-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

I think I kinda got busy and forgot about this post...Things are going ok. I have made some good choices eating. I have tried to limit my red meat. Two meals now I have ate a salad instead of tacos and steakums. I have ate some more veggies and fruits. I just gotta get excercise going. I am really trying right now to change a lot of things in my life. I am not happy with the way things have been going so i need to change them.
I dont get up early when I should, I dont keep these kids and a solid schedule (a routine but not a schedule), I am not consistant in correcting them, I let them push me over the edge then I flip out and yell, I dont excercise on a consistant basis, I dont keep organized with the bills, I dont keep consistant on the boys school (I do enough to get by). All i have been doing with everything is enough to get by and I have got to pick up the slack. I feel like crap about how I have been doing everything or I guess how poorly I have been doing everything. I might not be on as much cause I need to focus on everything here. I dont know I just need to get going on it. Ok well I need to get going...
lata Jess
Old 02-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/264/180

Unhappy I'm new here - glad I survived this weekend. . .

Has anyone here notice that they are more depressed on the weekends? I seem to have that problem. This weekend was one of the worst I have had in years. I slept in until 1:00 and beat myself up that I wasted the day. I didn't have the energy or the drive to do anything - except to tell myself how old and fat I am. I'm stuck in the muck!

I just started on Topomax. My doc thought it would help with my migraines and perhaps with my binge eating. Well, I had the start of a headache all weekend - it never quite developed into the real thing (Thank you, Lord). However, the binge continues . . .

The worst part lately is that I am so uncomfortable at work. When I sit I can feel my tummy flopping over and hitting my upper legs. I could cry as I type this. It is so humiliating. :-(

But, I will try to get up tomorrow and maybe walk or something.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:02 PM   #6  

supershrink-Aww I am so sorry your feeling that bad...I hope things go better for you...I dont really know what to say esp. when I feel almost as crappy myself. Ok have a better week...

A crappy day not much to really talk about completely exhausted and have to get all the laundry done since we are leaving in a day and half for the weekend. Everyone is behind on laundry people havent been pulling their load so now I have to spend the night trying to get the laundry done...anyways...a lot more i dont have time to discuss.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 263/256/160

Height: 5'3"

I totally understand the feeling of being overloaded! I work two jobs and have 3 boys to try and take care of. The laundry never gets done LOL one thing that I am really trying to do this week is think about myself alittle I know I will have more energy to do all the stuff that needs to be done when I have drop a few pounds so that is what Im doing for myself. Eating better and trying to exercise(which right now is only about 10 min) just keep pushing along and things have to turn around it my motto. Good Luck
Old 02-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #8  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi all,

Not much to say either. I'm sick of working. Evillyn, I work 2 jobs as well but I don't have any kids to care for. I don't see how you do it.

Supershrink: My stomach lays on my thighs also. I hate it. Sometimes I notice it more than others. The weekends used to be worse for me as well. I guess the being at home and too much time to think is a bad combo. Right now I work every weekend and I don't notice any difference from any other day.

Leenie: Are you worried about layoffs if there is a merger? Sometimes it's a good thing and sometimes not. I hope it doesn't impact you negatively.

Buddly: I can't see my table for the papers and bills on it either.

Sassy: Did you run away or are you still around?

Amarie and Heather?
Old 02-04-2009, 03:40 AM   #9  

Well its 3:30 am My house (atleast downstairs) Is all beautifully cleaned!!! We wont be home much for the kids to mess it up tormorrow. I have two loads of laundry left. I am waiting for this one to be don to put in whites. Then my dh can switch it in the morning and Foster d can put in dryer. I havent got all of them folded because I was cleaning while they were washing. If i tried folding I woulda got to tired and just went to bed.
The next two days are going to be crazy so I figured I would get this out of the way!! Anyways just checking in real quick..

OHHH WAIT..FUNNY STORY!!!!
It was about 2:30 and I was getting delirious (yeah cant spell either..LOL) I figured I would try on my foster daughters size 15 jeans on...LOL...that was funny. I got them on and allllllmost buttoned. So I found a pair that were 16's I got them buttons but not fully zipped. No granted my fat was not tucked into the pants so it didnt look that great but that is how the kids were them now around the hips...the good old day I had to wear them over my belly button. I took pictures to just for the heck of it...so yeah I usually were 20's and 22 because I can get my fat tucked in, I dont zip my fat in the zipper, and I can breath when I sit down...ALLL good reasons to wear a little bit bigger jeans!!!
Ok well Have a great night!!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #10  

Yeah how they were going to switch it ..my dh didnt I was really ticked off because i stayed up and went to bed at 4 so I could get it all washed so we could go on our trip and then he didnt put the last load in...its like a smack in the face I dont care you had 9 loads of laundry to do last night. errr not that he did it on purpose but he didnt make it a point to care either...ok well enough venting I am gonna go!!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #11  

Hi everyone!

momof4, vent away! It sure can be frustrating. But congrats on getting your house cleaned. To bad you are going to be to busy to sit back and enjoy it. I have to work on laundry today as well. Because of the ice dams on the roof we've had some leaks so I have a lot of wet towels to deal with.

Hope thanks, its so nice to hear that I'm not the only one who can't find her table. Are you still going to your pool league? And how are your puppies doing?

supershrink I know what you mean about the belly on the thighs thing. Right now I'm not finding a difference in days on being depressed. Cabin fever is setting in and its just depressing all over. Good luck with the topomax, hope it helps.

evillynn I don't know how you manage to work two jobs and care for three kids. I'm just slowly getting into the workforce as my girls are all but grown. Except now I'm a major taxi service as my oldest doesn't like driving on our roads and the next two don't have their licenses. Good luck on the exercising, baby steps.

Sassy how is your back? Hope you are feeling better.

leenie, cathy, heather, raven, amarie, judo and everyone else, Hi!! Hope you are all doing well.

Have to drive DdA to school today and am hoping to meet up with my friend for coffee. She couldn't last week as she was recovering from a biopsy so getting together would be nice.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Take care
K
Old 02-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #12  
Starting Again

Hi peeps,

Buddly, yes I have pool tonight. I'm glad I got off at 3 so I could have a couple of hours before I go. The puppies are doing well on potty front, only going outside. Of course they have a doggie door so they never have to hold it, I'm not sure they would. Did you get to meet your friend and how did her biopsy turn out?

Momof4, sorry about the laundry. In your house there really needs to be a team effort. You must be exhausted.

How are the rest of you doing today?
Old 02-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #13  

Hope, good to hear the pups are doing well. How nice you have a doggie door. Our dog is so lazy he probably wouldn't use it, mind you he has gotten so fat he'd probably get stuck now and the snow would come in there. I didn't get to meet up with my friend, she had to get her one son for his driving test so I don't know about her biopsy. From my understanding it was just a precaution, but she is in remission from breast cancer so its still unnerving. Have fun tonight!
Old 02-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #14  

Well I sat and watched them all fold the clothes last night...hehehe...No I was actually getting stuff done while they folded. My 15 yr old was like I am tired cant I go to bed. I was like the clothes need folded. SO later she was like you made me stay up and fold clothes. I said NO you chose to stay up because you wanted clean clothes. If you didn't stay up you would have no clothes to wear. I told them they dont fold them they dont wear them...LOL...I know so mean but they did it!!! Ok I got a HUGE list in front of me catch you all lata...be back sunday!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #15  
Starting Again

Momof4, no you aren't mean. They should help you. I'm so glad you put your foot down. I'm sure it didn't hurt em a bit.

I would love to have something interesting to say but I'm afraid I don't. Just work, come home, go to bed, work, come home, go to bed.

I miss everybody... where are you all????
Closed Thread