South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 07:18 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Chat - February 2

Happy Groundhog Day! I wonder if the furry little prophet will see his shadow where you are. We have a sunny day cranking up but snow in the forecast later. Maybe he'll sleep until then! I read in yesterday's paper that we have only half the snow we had to this date last year but it has been much colder. I am fed up with freezing my feet and fingers off! Bring on Spring! (The reality is that there's not a chance of spring for two more months but I can dream!)

I am ignoring the weigh-in thread until next Monday! Actually, I am going to ignore the scale this week, not that I'm going nuts about food. I'm trying to make healthy choices but not focussing on diet. I can only panic about one thing at a time and right now it's the play!

Late start this morning so I'd better go potty the Girls, start coffee, stoke the woodstove and get breakfasts going.

Have a good one!
Old 02-02-2004, 07:59 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey Ruthie!
I'm off to see my psychi... back later.
Hugs to all...
Old 02-02-2004, 08:11 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies. I with you Ruthie I am not going near the scales this week. I had a huge love affair with food this week-end and also TOM is this week as well. Although I am going to try to get back on track today. Well I am going to go and I will check in again later. I am off to finish cleaning. I would love to find the little monster that messes things up as soon as I have them clean. Morning Ellis.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:24 AM   #4  

Good Morning Everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend. I checked in on the boards yesterday but my computer at home is really slow......so it is hard to post.

Today is Day 4 for me. I did pretty good over the weekend, but yesterday I hate 2 1/2 cookies that my daughter and her friend had baked. I felt guilty, so I drank a lot of water and hopefully that helped.

I thought for bit over the weekend that I might not be doing this right because I don't have a headache and I don't feel fatigued like I have heard so many mention feeling. So I guess I will wait and see how it goes.

So is that what you guys do, step on the scale once a week, I know that is probably a really good idea and not every morning (okay that is a confession)

It is ground hog day today??????

Hope you all have a great day, just finishing first cup of coffee, working on number 2!
Old 02-02-2004, 08:37 AM   #5  

Good Morning Everyone,

I made it through phase 1 and I'm THRILLED. Lost 3.5 lbs and feel energized again. It only took me all of January to finally get back on track. Oh well, here I am and it feels great. I hope I can keep it up.

How about that superbowl? Yah Patriots!!!!! The highlight was when JT ripped of JJ's top - did anyone catch that? I scream OMG he just ripped off her top and by then they had cut to commercial. My DH was like, how did I miss it??? Too funny.

Sumsitup - if you feel great, just go with it. If you're following the plan I guess you are lucky that you do not have carb withdrawal symptoms. Maybe you're not as much as an addict as the rest of us. I say, keep up what you're doing and do not be discouraged by the scale. It was very, very hard for me but I went an entire week without weighing myself and it was worth it. Its nice just to step on once and see your results and then wait because its less stressful (I believe anyway).

Anne
Old 02-02-2004, 08:52 AM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Good Morning little chickies! Looking forward to another great week on the beach.

Sumsitup: I am about 3 days into my second week and I did not have have headaches or fatigue like some people have. Thank you Lord because I might have quite. Everyone is different and we all react to it differently. Now when I tried Atkins I was very sick for over 2 weeks and never lost a pound. Yes the Monday morning weigh in is a good idea. You should only weigh once a week but I know we all accidently step on the scales sometimes cause there in our way! Although I would rather weigh in Friday morning cause if you are gonna cheat I think it would be more on the week-end and Monday will tell on ya!

I have no idea about the nuts because I don't like 'em and don't eat 'em. Wish I did they would make a great snack. Especially on the go.

Hope you all have a great Monday!!!!!!

Ruth I hope you all thaw out pretty soon. I thought I would freeze to death when I was in N.TN. Burrrrrrrr it was cold!
Old 02-02-2004, 08:55 AM   #7  

Hi little chick, Hi Ellis, Hi Ruth!

I just had lunch (turkey and alfafa salad with mayo and tarrogan. I made it up out of the general contents of the fridge. Tarrogan is weird stuff. Strange aniseed ball flavour. Do you get aniseed balls where you are? I was never fond of them. And getting them now in herb form....strange)

Today I am doing my case study that I have to do for college. The deadline looms so I am getting down to it. Well, I opened a file called 'Case Study One' and then played a computer game for an hour. . Then had lunch. Hm.

I am so excited that I lost some weight in January. 12lbs!! I am now to lowest I have been since the way up - virgin fat. I pheel re-energised. And not a little surprised.

Hilarious day on Saturday. Went out for this Ab Fab lunch I mentioned, at the trendy restaurant at Harvey Nichols. Very nice too (oh, well as you ask....I had lentil salad with pancetta and soft boiled egg, followed by baked fish (cod I think) with asparagus and green beans. Yum. And no dessert or bread. But rather a lot of wine, although as it was red wine I decided it was completely OP. Even at lunchtime The afternoon was a bit of a laugh, due to high blood alcohol levels. Decided to go shopping . I bought this very beautiful mother of pearl plate, 4 inches in diameter and it came with two mother of pearl spoons. I liked it you see..... and then there is the pink plastic sequinned fake bird on a 10 inch wire. And the several large pots of extra firming moisturiser and 'beauty flash balm' for 'that glow'.

What glow? Oh...uh huh....that glow. So I look as if I have just, um, got up.

Now have to sell a kidney to pay off the credit card bill.

In the evening stuck to diet (which meant turning down these wonderful parsnip and potato patties.....) except for the lavender flavoured chocolate, but I only had a tiny bit.

There we are. My weekend. Sunday I just collapsed on the sofa. Did some scrapbook stuff and went through old photos for the album. And watched Bruce Almighty which was satisfyingly rubbishy.

I agree about giving yourself a bit of a break this week Ruth. Makes sense until your vagina stops its monologue. A woman can only cope with one thing at a time....
You will be fab, I am sure.

See you all later.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:02 AM   #8  

It took me so long to type that I missed some people! Hi Anne, Hi Bamiegurl, Hi Sumsitup.

I did not feel too bad either on phase one, but I think that is because I completely ignored the thing about decaf coffee - that is the one that is a killer for me. And, yes, you might well not be so addicted as others. I held off the scales for a whole month by the way, and that is what works for me, generally. Otherwise I get too swayed by the daily emotion of it. I have to lose around 100lbs and so a pound up or down in any given week or day really is not the thing. I need to make a lifestyle shift. But everyone is different. I have a friend who weighs three times a day and she is thin. So there we are.

Yes, ground hog day! I saw that film. What a fantastic film.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:19 AM   #9  

Talking Happy Monday!

Good Morning Ladies!
Some of us Bostonians are feeling rather giddy after the fantasic game last evening! I am not even a fottball fan & I was on the edge of my seat!
And isn't that Tom Brady a little honey??? ummm-ummm (if only I were 20 years younger!).
I gave up all my pissing and moaning from Saturday & decided to be good and stay OP, despite no loss this week. As Lisa so wisely stated that "our bodies are getting healthier, even if there is no loss"..thanks Lisa! So true.
I am adding a wee bit of exercise in...some crunches and weights...pretty easy stuff, but any little bit can only help!
I am the only one NOT hung-over at the office this morning (of course I work with all men!)...I said 2 glasses of champagne with a lovely grilled kabob dinner (It was mine & my BF's 2nd "anniversary")...but I did NOT want to feel bad this am, or stall my loss even more. So I am feeling good and healthy & gearing up for another good week!
The darn ground hog did see his shadow...more winter! BLAH!
But it's February! Just think...in 2 months, it will be SPRING!!!
Well enough babbling..have a lovely day...I've got to go harass some hungover fools!
Jan
Old 02-02-2004, 09:32 AM   #10  

Guess what? I am a dork!

I didn't give up caffiene......that is probably why I am not suffering with headaches. I drank a lot of coffee yesterday. I do drink caffiene free diet pepsi already, but I really need the coffee!

That is probably why I am not suffering with the headaches. See you guys are so smart!!!!!!

I feel pretty bad over the two and half cookies I ate yesterday, but I am trying to move on from that!!!!
Old 02-02-2004, 09:35 AM   #11  

Morning everyone,

I thought I'd say hi, it's my first day on SBD. I have read through the book and looked at the menus, but I am basically winging it here! I had 2 hard boiled eggs and string cheese for breakfast and already feel hungry - not a good sign! I'm sure it will get better. Quick question - I have printed out the revised foods list since it seems the book is out of date - but I find it strange that some of the foods not listed as phase 1 foods in the book are in phase 1 recipies (e.g. avocado, olives, nuts). Also, I noticed that carrots were added to a chicken recipie in phase 1 - shouldn't they be avoided? Just want to make sure I have it right! Also, on the revised food list, the other fat choices are listed as their equivalent of olive oil - are we supposed to have a certain serving of fats? Didn't see that in the book, but was wondering if that was another revision....I really think people who bought the book should have free access to his website to make sure their info is up to date!

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2004, 09:50 AM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Lexxy2 I agree with you on the updates and his website. But for the most part everyone keeps it updated here so I just try to remeber it all. I need to start printing it out. Good luck!
Old 02-02-2004, 09:51 AM   #13  

Morning everyone!

I started SBD one week ago today, and I am really happy with it!

I had some major victories this weekend. Friday was a happy hour that lasted all afternoon into the late evening, and I didn't drink! (It nearly killed me, but I didn't!) I went away this weekend to visit friends, and I packed my hard boiled eggs and string cheese, and celery and cheese wedges, and it worked out quite well! I didn't cheat once. I even made a tiramisu for my friends (my speciality!) and I didn't even lick the spoon.

I weighed myself this morning and I think I'm seeing some progress. I'm quite shocked because after a week on most diets, I'm sitting on the couch with a belly-full of something carb-y. I'm hoping this keeps up!

Best of luck to everyone this week!!
Old 02-02-2004, 09:56 AM   #14  

Morning All! For some reason I woke up w/ alot of energy so I'm off to walk on my new treadmill. I'll be back later to post! I hope everyone has a wonderful day! (And as for the scale, I'm also avoiding it til next Monday! Too many goodies at the SuperBowl party!!)
Old 02-02-2004, 10:41 AM   #15  
Imagine...

Happy AM to all

to the losers amongst us and LETS GET BACK ON TRACK to the rest of us I hear ya gavinsmom to many no nos at superbowl fest.

I'm feeling quite spunky today and I may even exercise I may even join in the exercise challenge Little Chick spoke of....Time to get down to business!!!

Have a fab day beauties
Closed Thread