South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 07:23 PM   #1  

Default New Dieter

Hi, I am going to be changing my eating habits very soon in accordance to the book. I thought it might be good to have some support. I had success with Atkins but it is quite strict and I really missed fruit.

Have you found this diet pretty easy to adhere to? Has it been as successful as the book claims it to be?

Thanks and I look forward to getting to know you.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:50 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Rena ! Keep in mind, I am only on day 3 of this whole SBD thing...but so far so good! I woke up this morning without the headache I have had for the last 2 days, and am actually feeling pretty good.

I have never tried Atkins, my girlfriend has been on it for a long time, but she doesn't care for fruit and veggies and like you, I would miss them too. I am looking forward to Phase 2 when I can add some fruit.

I am not craving sugar or carbs, and since this WOE I have had to start cooking more, and everyone in the family is loving it! I am a pretty good cook, just hate cleaning the darn kitchen after! Like I said, my body is not "craving" the sugar and carbs my head is It looks at things and says "boy, I bet that piece of cake would taste really good right now" I am trying me best to resist the temptation..I know I don't need it, I just want it

Anyway, good luck to ya!
Old 01-14-2004, 09:40 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi Renamae! Welcome to the Beach!
A lot of us have had good success with this way of eating. I lost about 15 pounds during the summer, and I'm back on Phase I now.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:20 AM   #4  

I am on phase 2- first day today and yes I did miss my fruits carrots - sweet potatoes alot but after day 4 it got easier-- now I phase 2 I can have fruit here and there. I lost 7 lbs on phase 1

I couldn't do atkins I thought it was harder but someother say SB is harder.

good luck-- you have to focus on what you can eat and do not focus on what you "can't"eat if you do that it will go by quickly with very little pain!!
Old 01-16-2004, 11:24 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, Renamae. You will do just fine on this plan. The first two weeks are the hardest but certainly easier than Atkins Induction, IMHO. Just be sure you eat enough and drink your water.
Closed Thread