South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 09:21 AM   #1  

Talking new to the beach

Goodmorning! My name is Donna-- macgirl on this site, and I am new to the beach! I have tried every weight loss plan known to man and hope to find something I can live with. I AM a carb addict and hope to be able to stay strong and give the white ones up! I have attempted SB before and had good results, but went back to my love of sugar, flour, etc. and of course regained the weight! I will be making my way through all of the post for SB and low carbs and have set them up to pull up when I am logged in. Hopefully, my 2 year old will let me read some this morning (thank the Lord for Barney

I welcome and knowledge, tips, motivation and slaps in the head when I start feeling deprived as I detox off the sugar! Keep it comin'
Love-macgirl
Old 01-12-2004, 10:02 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach, Donna.

By the way, SB refers to Sugar Busters - we usually call this plan SBD or The Beach so the SB folks don't get narky.

There is lots of fun, information and support in this Forum and we definitely give butt kicks where needed.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Good morning Donna,
I too am new (but old) to this eatting plan. I was successful losing 10 pounds in July, but went off with lots of birthday cake and have tried many times since to rededicate/commit to SBD. Today is the first day of week 2 for me. This time I feel sucessful, since other trys have lasted only a day or 2. I would love the company and support of another newbie/returnie. Goodluck and enjoy Barney (been ther done that )
Old 01-12-2004, 02:09 PM   #4  

Welcome Donna!! I was so in love with pasta, especially cheese ravioli, and potatoes, fries and bread but after Phase 1 my cravings seriously diminished. (Stopping cold turkey really helped. I cant say it was all easy or fun but it worked.) I still have longings for my ravioli but I'm able to overcome them. Good luck!!!
Old 01-12-2004, 03:19 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Donna!
Good for you for taking the time to go through the posts for info and recipes!
Old 01-12-2004, 09:32 PM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welome to the beach Donna.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:13 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome Donna!!! I noticed you are from Allen, I saw someone else posting on SBD is from Mckinney, and I am from Frisco!! Looks like we're neighbors!

My kids never watched Barney...Sometimes I wish they would have! I still have a 4yr old home with me...these days he is fascinated with the computer. I am amazed at how much he can do on it. Lucky for me we have 2 in the house!

Good Luck on the program...today was my first day and I'm not racing to Krispy Kreme, so I guess that is a good thing.

See ya!
Closed Thread