South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 08:06 AM   #16  
Imagine...

Harmony, I'm with you. I only managed 1 out of my 3 planned days of exercise. Alas I will not despair hopefully I can make up for it this weekend with yard work
Old 11-01-2003, 12:10 PM   #17  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Lizzie-THANKS! I can see ALREADY that I will like it!! It seems like you can really set your own pace, and there are people of all different ability levels, so even though I am a beginner I don't feel out of place there. And this morning I feel a bit tight, but no major pain so I know I worked out at the right level. HATE it when I overdo and then can't do it again for a week...defeats the purpose!!!

I am going to start with 3 days a week and then try to add a day or two later if I can.
Old 11-01-2003, 01:08 PM   #18  
Sunshine

S/C/G: 219/211.4/140

Height: 5'6

Congrats Den on joining curves-still trying to get my mother to keep up with it (loathes ANYthing physical, and this from a tom-boy who would play football and jump rope with us when we were kids)

Fran-cruises now have low fat menus and they have nosugar added desserts at EVERY meal. They have fruit and 'better' choices too.
myself, being naughty as all heck, had them bring me ALL 3 desserts the 4 nights we ate in the dining rooms. One taste and that was the end of most of them.(I am so very picky with my sweets now-a-days) Plus the serving size is miniscule!

the other idea of stairs is great!!!!! I was on level 4 and the ships top was level 10,then there was the balcony after that. Did that more than once a day!!! The elevators were just too jammed for my liking. You will get in more than enough exercise going from one event to another. from the top deck down and back up again...then the change clothes in between(sometimes 4 times in one day!)
Old 11-01-2003, 07:15 PM   #19  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Thanks for all the supportive words and good ideas, troops!

I am feeling a tad more in control, but still struggling to eat on plan and fit in enough exercise. Tonight is my last night of work before our trip and being at home is BAD BAD BAD....no structure!

My sister and her DH and coming tomorrow, so that means entertaining, etc. I just see all these challenges and they look more like obstacles!

But I am trying to just keep it in perspective. I know we will be active on the cruise, so that will help. So for this week I just have to not let the stress get to me!

Den, congrats on Curves! I wish the one around here had hours that fit my schedule!

I am considering hiring a personal trainer when we get back from our trip. Anyone have any experience with this? I just think that being accountable to someone (and paying for it!) may help me stay on track?

No Boot Camp today....very busy at work last night (warm weather and Halloween...all the kids were running rampant!) and DH was using the computer at home this AM. So, you're off the hook today!

If you haven't already, check out Beach Beauty Bingo...lots of new pics posted. I put up some of my DS in his headless horseman costume that I made. Very cute!

I am going to go journal a bit...it did seem to help the other day, not to mention all the great advice from you chicks!
Old 11-01-2003, 10:04 PM   #20  

Thanks Lady and Ellen!

Fran-You are doing SO well with quitting cigarettes, especially with the stress of family coming and your cruise and preparations!! Keep up the good work!

lady-Good idea about using the stairs on the cruise!! I don't know if I could stay OP with all that great food around!!!
Old 11-02-2003, 07:43 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Stairs? What a good idea! They probably also have exercise classes scheduled. The last cruise I was on was horrible! Too much gorgeous food and I gained 14 pounds in one week which meant I took in about 7000 extra calories a day! Never again!
Old 11-02-2003, 04:59 PM   #22  
Imagine...

1 hour of house cleaning and 4 hours of yard work. We put away furniture, mowed the lawn, raked the yard. Cut back flowers & shrubs for winter, yada yada yada. I am pooped.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:30 AM   #23  

Height: 5'-2"

Not so pooped that I couldn't convince you to clean up MY yard for five bucks, I bet.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:11 AM   #24  

Dropped DS13 off at school and then went to Curves for my work out. Feel like going to sleep.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:19 AM   #25  

Height: 5'-2"

Den, it's okay if you go back to bed for a while! You've done your workout, you clever girl, you!!
Old 11-03-2003, 09:10 PM   #26  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi chickies. I eat like there is no tomorrow. But I did do 20 minutes on the treadmill this morning at 6:30. So one good thing for the day.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:03 PM   #27  
Member Florida Chick

Thirty minutes at Curves this a.m. I spent the rest of my day doing paiting of T-Shirts to put up for sale at our Craft Fair this weekend. I sure hope I sell some after all the work. Oly problem is that is not exercise, just sitting.
Den: Glad you are liking curves. I was sure you would. As time goes by and you get used to all the machines, you can pick up your pace. After your first measure day and you find that you havae lost some inches, you will like it even better. : Lizzie
Closed Thread