South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 06:01 AM   #16  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

YUM!! How about a nice sausage and onion omelette with sausage gravy on it? I haven't had grits in AGES! My step-grandfather was from Georgia, and we always had them with eggs when we visited them.....

Can you ladies believe that I'm posting this early? I never went to sleep!! DH is up now, and making coffee. I think I'll just try to stay up. If I can manage it and go to bed early tonight maybe I can start to get on a more normal schedule.

Franny-Good to see you here! My family is not greek, but in true foodie fashion I grew up eating Greek food!!! There is a part of Detroit called, "Greektown" which has a bunch of restaurants (used to have great shops too!) It has gotten more touristy over the years, but you can still get great food there.

Ruth-You AND Lucy are Gorgeous!!! Can't wait to come visit you and Ellis!! It BETTER happen, or DH may find himself sleeping on the couch!!! (Last time I threatened him with THAT was when we were sleeping on a futon in the living room.....which was ALSO our couch!!!)

Ellis-We DO need servants!!! You on your chaise lounge, being served tea.....I can just see it now!!! (Can I come live with you?!?)

2Dog-I'm going to have to go shopping today. Should be interesting to see if I can DO it. Better try for it early before I get dizzy from lack of sleep!!

Sflake, Lizzie and Rowan-HOPE YOU ALL HAVE GREAT DAYS!!!!
Old 10-12-2003, 06:38 AM   #17  

Height: 5'-2"

Correction: being served COFFEE!
I'll bet you're asleep NOW, Den! Wait a minute... I just noticed the time... 6!?!?! Holy moly! You nut, you!
(yes, you can come and live with me, but you must adapt to my sleeping schedule. snicker)

I don't know about the name "grits". It sounds dirty.
Old 10-12-2003, 06:50 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Grits is gritty! Ellis, they are an acquired taste. I dunno if I want to meet Den if she eats grits. It's nice to see she can get up early.

I'm counting my sins this morning and not regretting any of them. I had a hot dog at the Mill yesterday but that was lunch, not as well as lunch. Two cran-orange muffins definitely were unplanned sins. Pumpkin pie with dinner was a planned cheat and worth every bite. I sent the paltry leftovers home with Liz!

I've no idea what I'll do today - maybe more outside tidying. I need to dig glads and plant tulip bulbs. Dawn is breaking right now and looks wonderful - another fabulous fall day coming up!

Pass the coffee.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:08 AM   #19  
Captain of MY Destiny!

My, but aren't you lovely ladies up early today! Den, good luck staying up all day after being up all night! I have some experience with that...it is not easy. The hardest part is not killing someone.

My house is so quiet this morning! I am the first one up....no TV, no radio, no noise! Just me and the 4 legged creatures and the clicking of the keyboard. Nice....

Had a very nice visit with DD yesterday. It is so nice to actually like your kids again after the horrid teen years! I think she likes me now, too!

I have a long "to do" list for today, so I am enjoying the slow start to the day. Hope you all have a great day!

Oh, the costume...well, I think I know how to do it, but I'll let you know for sure in a day or two! I suspect the hardest part will be getting him to stand still long enough to work with it! Yesterday I had to work while he was on his scooter, then his bike, then the skateboard!
Old 10-12-2003, 12:30 PM   #20  
Work in Progress

Ruth--California has it's good points, weather is absolutely one!! Although I do envy the cold, you all getting to bundle up, but overall I think that I would be a big baby if it was too cold for too long!!

We are working on a website for my project that will go up shortly, I will share it all with you guys, my new business venture I meanHappy Weekend!!!

rb
Old 10-12-2003, 01:16 PM   #21  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Well, I actually DID go to sleep...from 6:30 until 10:30. NOW I REALLY need to stay up the rest of the day!!!

Ellis-FAT CHANCE!! DH has been trying to get me on that schedule for YEARS and it hasn't worked!!! But if we are served breakfast in bed and don't have to do the dishes afterwards it may be worth waking up!!!

Ruth-The only time I get up early is when I've been up all night!!!!

Franny-I get grumpy too!! I agree with you about kids. I got through those obnoxious years and really like my parents now (love them too of course!!)
My kids are both teens now, and I keep an saying, "As long as they like me again at the other end of all this!!" I'm glad you had a good time with your DD, and I bet she LOVES spending time with you too.

Rowan-YUP! The fall is brisk and cool and nice, and then we get snow and rain on top of it, and it is slushy, icy and hard to drive in!! I loved winter as a kid, but having to get around in ity gets to be a real drag as an adult!!!
Old 10-12-2003, 10:53 PM   #22  
Member Florida Chick

That's why we are in Florida. I don't ever want to drive on icy or slushy roads again. Or buck my way through drifts. Only a family emergency would get us North in the winter. :

Ellis: Don't know why they are called grits, but it is tasty. Good with crumbled bacon in it too. I can think of all this great stuff, thoughts don't put on the lbs. Remember the song'I can Dream . Can't I'. that has to be my theme song. And it is not craving, just thinking. Craving would make me go and eat it anyway.

See you tomorow. Lizzie
Closed Thread