South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 05:18 AM   #1  
Mous

Lightbulb A light bulb moment at the Beach DAILY Tuesday

Why is it that for some of us thnigs just click and poof we are thinner?

For others we struggle along and tell ourselves this too won't work.

Why are we so hard on ourselves?

Why do we think so less of ourselves?

Years and years of conditioning. Many negative thoughts. Believing what others say about us AND believeing in our own self demoralizing words.

Why can't we accept that we need to change from the inside out?

Why do we think that dietindg is the cure all? If we had a pill to take we would.

We need to embrace life. We need to accept our failures, understand them and change them.

We need to turn on the light bulb and give light to our life.

We have to accept that there will always be someone around to bring us down. But, we don't have to allow them into our personal space. We can choose to listen to them and then erase what they have said.

Listening to negative words does not mean that we have to believe in them.

Surround yourself with positive people.
Write down your positive attributes.
If you have something negative about yourself to change, make a plan. Turn it into a positive and work on this behavior.

We need to take charge of our iner selves. We need to share this with others thtat are going through what we are.

Being alone is not a key to success.

Success comes in small doses.

We have to take care of who we are to get to be where we want to be.

Diet alone is not going to help fix the why's, how comes, ifs, etc.

Maybe we need to go out and buy a light bulb as a reminder that inner change will provide us with the "light" that we need to actually change.

Have yourselves a bright day.

Marcie
Old 10-07-2003, 05:46 AM   #2  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Good morning, Grandma Marcie! Good morning, chicksters!

Gma, did you ever get that problem with the MSN site fixed?

What a great post. I think for many of us we internalize all the negative messages we get from the world around us, yet manage to completely disregard the positive ones!

If all you hear from yourself is "I can't, I shouldn't, I should've" then maybe you need to figure out why your internal dialogue is so negative. I had been saying rotten things to, and about, myself for years. I was never good enough, I was ____________ (you fill in any negative term!) Then I kind of had a light bulb moment and realized that if I had a friend that was as negative about me as I was I would drop that friend in a flash! I would NEVER talk to a friend or loved one the way I talked to myself! Such a simple realization, yet it has led to a completely different attitude. I still have my moments, but the habit of being kind and positive towards is becoming easier and easier.

I hope you all have a wonderful day...and be kind to yourself! You are all very special people!
Old 10-07-2003, 07:55 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Marcie, that is so good... thank you!

Today, I am going to work on being positive.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:57 AM   #4  
Imagine...

I am working on saying to myself will, can etc... no negatives
Old 10-07-2003, 09:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Oh what an adorable picture!

I'm not going to be so hard on myself.

And have a great day
Old 10-07-2003, 10:21 AM   #6  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Angry Thanks, Marcie!!!

Good Morning, Marcie!

Thank you for reminding us that change from within is as

important as changes we make on our outer body. I will continue

to work on journaling my feelings (and try to include some

POSITIVE MESSAGES) , and being a bit more kind to myself.

I'm sending hugs to all you special people today!

May you all have a great "positive" day on the Beach!
~Sharon
Old 10-07-2003, 10:35 AM   #7  

Thanks, Marcie, for this wonderful morning message!

I agree completely. Especially with surrounding yourself with positive people and focusing on what is positive about yourself. I've taken a lot of time to build up positivity in myself recently. I think by doing that, I have finally come to a place where I'm able to start this diet positively for ME!

Plus, it's so much nicer to take a look at negative things that simply need a plan to start changing from a positive point of view. It doesn't feel so bad, and you feel like you have the courage and energy to move in the right direction.

Frannymae, I like what you said about realizing you would never talk to a friend the way you can talk to yourself. A very good thing to remember. Thanks!

Sharon, thanks for the hug! Hugs back!

Monica
Old 10-07-2003, 10:55 AM   #8  
Member Florida Chick

Marcie; Good morning. That little doggie looks a lot like our Cuddles. Thanks for the reminder about being positive.

Frannie: I think you were ahead of Dr. Phil. Yesterday he talked about positive feelings about ourselves. One of his members said that whenever she had a negative thought about herself she wrote it in her journal, then replaced it with a positive thought, and drew lines through the negative one. He said exactly the same thing - if you had a friend who called you 'ugly, useless, a failure, fat pig,etc. you'd drop them like a hot potato. So why accept that 'junk' from yourself? And if you were called those things by family, or with abusive behaviors toward you, in your past, and they made you feel worthless, then when they were no
longer around to say the words, often we just feel we have to take them over ourselves to keep the myth going. A lot of deep thinking and self examination.

So often we are looking for the quick fix, the diet, the pill, without looking at the why we eat. Self discovery is a very important part of taking weight off and keeping it off forever.

I hope we can all discover the things we need to know about ourselves to keep the 'light' shining. Lizzie
Old 10-07-2003, 08:20 PM   #9  

Marcie you are so right. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies. Tougher critics than anyone else. It's time to start loving ourselves a little bit more. Julie
Closed Thread