Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 09:39 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Daily - Tuesday, January 21st

Good Morning,

Ahhhhhh nice hot coffee mmmmmmmmmmmm.
Well its another day, praise God !! Whatcha all doing today ?
Nothing much here, SOSDD, just trying to stay warm, it is so incrediably cold out. I'm dying to make a carrot cake but I know what will happen if I do (see I'm trying to talk myself out of making one )

Boss is behind locked doors.....oooooooooh !!! LOVE IT, this gives me a few seconds to play here.

I need to run out and get some material to make a curtain for my hallway window. Our neighbors 2 houses up don't believe in shades in their house so at night they put every light on in the house which lights up mine its like having a spot light on your house. I dont' know about you gals, but I like to sleep w/it very dark in my room, the littlest light drives me insane and thats how the sleeps too, by the way who is teething like mad, poor thing.

I'll catch you all later,

Love, Leens
Old 01-21-2003, 10:12 AM   #2  

Leenie, you should live out in the country if you want it DARK! R couldn't believe how dark it is out here when we moved from the city.
Am sitting here thinking of making cookies. Got a chicken in the crockpot to make soup tomorrow. I like to do it ahead so I can get all the grease out of the broth by chilling it.
Was thinking of the fire at my children's fathers auto shop. You know, what goes around, comes around. Not that my ex is completely without good qualities, but he always thought of himself first. And he did things that were not honest alot. Now he is a 62-year-old man with health problems and no job or prospects of one. It's doubtful that the insurance company will part with their money and there are debts galore. I wouldn't have wished the fire on him for anything, but it's interesting.
Enough with the thinking out loud...gotta go and make cookies..
Old 01-21-2003, 10:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good morning gang!

Hey Leens - why r u wanting to make a carrot cake? I love carrot cake too. Was just wondering why you were dying to make one? do you have a brand new yummy recipe?

I also like to sleep with complete darkness - no light at all. And I like the sound of the ceiling fan too, which can get kind of tricky when its cold because we don't sleep with the electric heat on. We mostly just use our fireplace when it gets cold, but of course, it doesn't get cold down here like it does for most of you guys.

Well I did not get in my walk yesterday, and this morning I overslept again and didn't do my exercise tape before work. If I was doing like Cin and not getting on the puter until after I exercise I wouldn't have been on here since Saturday. wah But I am going walking at the mall during my lunchhour today no matter what.

It was 20 here on Friday morning. Yesterday it got up to 70. Crazy weather around here. This morning it is 50 again and will be 70 this afternoon, but it will be in the 20's again by Friday morning - its enough to make us Cajuns dizzy! haha

Did yall get to chat last night - I didn't get a chance - I was busy with teenagers but I sure do love it when I get a minute to pop in there and catch up with everybody.

Liz - how r u liking Curves?

Tip - I beat it smells good at your house! You always having something good a cookin in the crockpot! Sure wish you lived right down the road - I would love to drop in tomorrow and have some good ole soup with ya! ;-) Wouldn't that be fun! BTW, did you get your book in yet from Readers Digest? got any good tips for us?

LindaT - thanks for taking the time to post the thing about Depression - lots of good information there.

Hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 01-21-2003 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:52 AM   #4  

Liz hey really told you that the faster you go the more resistance you use? You are using momentum not your muscles. I understand the circuit that they have you in but not everyone should have the same weight resistance. Everyone is differnet. Just my two cents.

Leens I wounder if you could find a low fat receipe for carrot cake. I would be all over that.

Tip I am with Cathy I would love to run down to your house for soup. I would never have the time or the energy to cook like you do.

Cathy I don't know if I understand our weather here. Don't you think I would be used to iut by now? lol
Old 01-21-2003, 12:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Kemp - I've lived here since the day I was born and I still don't understand it. haha Nothing like variety!

I'm putting on my tennis shoes now and getting ready to go walk during lunch! Then I'm coming back to have a turkey on wheat sandwich with some salad! Anybody wanna walk with me?

Cathy
Old 01-21-2003, 03:38 PM   #6  
Peg

Hi everyone,

I'm feeling blaugh today, I made a homemade soup today too!!
I like to make my own idea of one, it's cabbage, stewed tomatows w/o salt, celery, onion, a few carrots, zuccini, broccoli and onion, I boil it in water and add a lot of basil, Mrs. Dash, onion powder and garlic pepper, it's made me feel better for about 15 minutes, then back to feeling lousey.

Hey, anyone w/ cold weather and snow send it over here!!! it feels like summer here, the news just said it was 66 degrees here, that weather man needs to go outside near my home, he's crazy (needs meds ha-ha) may be it's just me, not feeling well. and feeling like I have a split personality today, I hate feeling ill, it's "down time" from life.

Hey Kempyd, do ya have an idea for exercise for bulky hips? that is, I think you work at a health club.

Talk w/ ya all later.
Old 01-21-2003, 03:48 PM   #7  

Hi ladies,

Just a quick stop here....will try to come back later. I am feeling really good....feel better each day. I am going for the light therapy for 2 more weeks at the hospital. Have to go have lunch.....it's getting late.

April
Old 01-21-2003, 04:05 PM   #8  

Wave I hate to tell you this but you can't spot reduce. Do you do any form of cardio? You may be surprised to know that fat is evenly distributed over your body. You may think it is concentrated in one area but it isn't.
Old 01-21-2003, 04:26 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey girlies,

Tippy what kind of cookies ??
Cathy, I just love carrot cake and I'm in the mood for mine no particular reason.

Kem its amazing that the fat is spread out evenly, because my stomach is a mile long as is wide and my legs arent ROFL what a pretty picture I just gave you all huh haaaaaaaaa

Lady, I'd love to have 66 degree weather, my hands are so cold right now burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Liz, sounds like Curves is fun

April, I'm glad your going to light therapy dispite what your Dr. says, if it makes you feel good then go, what do Dr.'s know unless they experience it themselves....

BYE GIRLIES !!!
Old 01-21-2003, 11:13 PM   #10  

Hi again,

Leenie.....I love carrot cake.....maybe there is a lower fat recipe on the net.

Liz......it was -19C here this morning.....it used to be colder here in January.....15 to 20 years ago....sometimes it would go down to -40C to -48C....that is without the windchill. The weather is changing over the years....it is getting milder here.

Ladypal......I hope you are feeling better tonight.

Not too much happening here. This afternoon I went down the basement.....had the gas fireplace going....then fell asleep.....until my dog woke me up about an hour later....he jumped on me & layed there for a while.

This month I find myself really tired....is it the depression or the antidepressant?

April
Old 01-22-2003, 12:50 AM   #11  

Hi everyone!

Gald to hear you are all doing pretty good.

Liz...I know it's been awhile, so maybe you don't remember, but Curves is where I was going before my car accident and I was doing really good. In the five months I went (usually 4 to 5 times a week) I lost 15 inches over all and 11 pounds of body fat but only 4 pounds on the scale. I went down two dress sizes and most everyone noticed. I was mostly turning all that ugly fat into muscle and was looking so much better and felt so good. No depression at all the whole time I was there!!!!

I truley believe with any exercise, it is what you put into it. I made sure my heart rate was where it was suppose to be and worked up a sweat. There were younger women (30/40ish) that I attended with and they really moved, one of them lost 35 pounds and some ridiculous amount of inches in the same time frame. She ended up a size 6.

Anyway, I would say give it a little time and you will know in a month if it is for you.

By the way, 15 below here without wind!!! I almost know how you feel.

Well everyone have a nice Wednesday!!!

Meg
Old 01-22-2003, 08:07 AM   #12  
Peg

Wink

Thanks Kempyd, about 4 years ago I had lost 40 pounds, I had another 10-15 to go, but my hips were still larger than I'd like them to be, but okay, I wanted to know for sure, so that this time when I lose the weight and something is still bulky, I should do more cardio.

April99-Thanks, I have been feeling better.

Leenie-I'll wish some warmer weather your way.

Last edited by ladypal; 01-22-2003 at 08:15 AM.
Closed Thread