South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 05:25 AM   #1  
Mous

Default Relaxing at the Beach DAILY Sunday

I am thinking how nice it would be to sit here in this beautiful surrounding eating a cornucopia of wonderful South Beach Desserts and drinking some healthy decaf herbal tea with all of you.
We would be talking non stop, laughing, sharing funny tidbits of our lives and enjoying each other's company.
We would leave fuller and happier knowing that we are all "sister's" in this fight to become healthy.
We would have left our daily lives behind for an entire day and relish in the happenings of others.
The memories made would last a lifetime and the bond would be like a circle, never ending and encompassing us like a wreath. Full of warmth and caring.
I am thinking that we had a great day. Sun was on our faces, birds were singing their bird song just for us and our faces shone with love, care and joy for all that were here.
I am thinking that I got to show off my Grand-Daughter, Ellen, to all of you and I burst with pride telling you all that she means to me and what she is accomplishing.
I have shared secrets, recipes, books and am taking home with me a myriad of knowledge, new ideas and hope for my future.
I am thinking how fortunate I am to be a part of this Beach of beautiful ladies.

Have a nice Sunday enjoying the outdoors in my GARDEN OF FRIENDSHIP.

What are YOU thinking?

{hugs}

Marcie
Old 09-21-2003, 07:39 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'll just do a little Beach Beauty Babble and let you know that I've wandered far off the Beach lately with all the stress and worry about Harry. I need somebody to grab me back and bury me up to my neck in the sand. Please don't hurt me - or tickle me.

Yesterday the Girls and I did get in a walk over to the Park to see the folks at the bike rally. It sure took me back a few decades to when I was a biker chick! I got offered a couple of rides but had to refuse because of the Girls. I just don't leave my beauties with strangers.

I have to skip Church this a.m. because I can't leave Harry on his own but hope to get out for another walk later this morning. It is shaping up as a glorious fall day. Yesterday I saw geese flying south so it's definitely on its way!

Have a relaxing day on The Beach and remember the sunscreen.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:21 AM   #3  
In Control: E+R=O

Good morning Beach Beauties!

Marcie, what a lovely thought for a Sunday morning. I would love nothing more than to meet some of the wonderful people here. Maybe someday.....

Ruth, don't berate yourself too badly about straying from the beach. Sometimes when you have so much going on, you need to prioritize what you're going to concentrate on, because you can't do it all. Sometimes you need to fall back on old familiar habits when you're struggling with a new obstacle. When you're ready, you'll be back in full force!!

I've been away for a couple of days, so need to go read the board to try to catch up with everyone.

Have a nice Sunday at the beach! Watch out for crabs!!
Old 09-21-2003, 09:12 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, darlings!

Ruth, I've fallen off the straight and narrow, too. YOU have an excuse. But you do need a kick in the butt, because your health is very important. I don't want you leaving me that turquoise fabric in your will.

Good morning Marcie and Twodog!

DH is taking the children to church, and I'm looking forward to my "quiet time".

Have a wonderful day, all.
Old 09-21-2003, 11:11 AM   #5  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Good morning, all! I would love nothing more that to get together with my new family and enjoy the comraderie we have created! As 2dog said....maybe someday!

Grandma Marcie-your continued faith and belief in me motivates me to be someone you would be proud of!

Ruth, darling! You are doing an amazing job of keeping your wits about you under extreme circumstances, so please don't fret! Just try and do at least one good thing for yourself everyday and the rest will fall into place. And be patient with yourself as you get used to your new routines and the limitations placed on you by Harry's health. You'll get there! You BOTH will!

Turquoise fabric? Did somebody mention fabric? Where? How many yards? What does it look like? I have finally started getting my stash organized....swatches in a book, the whole 9 yards! Whole 9 yards...get it?

2dog-I loved your post Paradigm Shift! It shows such a major, positive change for you! We are all so proud of you! Check out the Boot Camp daily...Changing your mind is the topic today! You can give us all some tips!

Ellis-Turn around and bend over...I think it's time for....you guessed it....A MAJOR KICK IN THE BEHIND! I'll kick you if you'll kick me! I am getting frustrated and disgusted with my bad food choices lately. I keep blaming it on my mouth problems, which continue. But the reality is that if I really WANTED to stay OP I would find a way. So....back to the trinity for me!

I hope all of you beauties have a wonderful, relaxing day. When I feel stressed today I will remember Grandma Marcie's post and mentally put myself into that picture! And you will all be there! That should help keep me on track!
Old 09-21-2003, 11:20 AM   #6  

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Marcie, what lovely imaginings. Thank you.

Oh Ruth, you really need a peaceful moment to yourself; wish I could give it to you.

Ellis, I'm going back to Phase 1.5 for a week or so because I've had desserts two days of the last 5 ... maybe you should join me (hehehehe)

Franny our bootcamp sargeant, just exercise it all away ....

Good morning Twodog, nice to see you stopping back in.

The weather in Rhode Island is beautiful today, not a cloud in the sky and bright sunshine ... maybe I'll go for a bike ride.

Today starts a new week ... let's focus ladies !!!
Old 09-21-2003, 02:37 PM   #7  
Member Florida Chick

Happy Sunday

Marcie: I can just picture that lovely garden, and all of us together. Bet the way we see each other in our imagination is just a group of lovely ladies. Sharing, learning and growing in wisdom about ourselves. Thank you for the pleasant thoughts.

Ruth: Do hang in there. We're all with you in spirit. My SIL experienced much of what I suspect you are going through. But there is a silver lining. We thank you so much for all you do with our threads. Sometimes it is most important to just survive, and live each day the best way we can, whether it is OP on not. You may be more OP than you think, just because it is in your mind what is good for you.

Ellis: You are near to her. Keep her on the straight and narrow.

Have a great day all you beach beauties. The start of a whole new week. Lizzie
Closed Thread