Old 07-23-2007, 05:22 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Monday, July 23

Good Morning!!!!
Yeah to all the excercisers this weekend!!!
I am starting today..I have the sinus yucks and didnt feel like doing to much this weekend..I swear our new place makes us sick...It seems closed in and I never have been soo sick with sinus stuff until we moved...Oh well...

Kerry--U must have just went to bed????Man..I envy late stayer uppers..I am such a 8pm sleeper except got interested in Cold Case(never watched it before) and was up until 9pm..

Hello to all the New commers!!!
Ok..off to save lives!! GG--glad to have U moved and back!!!
Have a great first day of work!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...its nice...got up at my normal work time (around 6.30) but instead of rushing around like a chicken with its head cut off...i got to pace myself. Got up, had breakfast, showered, watched 15 min of tv, and now a bit of computer before i leave. I'm leaving early just incase...it should only take 40 min to get to work but i'm leaving an hour early just incase i get lost. I'm looking forward to this new schedule. I will definately be exercising in the am. I took my dog for a 30 min walk last night and discovered the joys of hills (savannah didn't have hills). So off to work...i'm looking forward to my new job. Hope everyone has a great day.
RR - have you ever had you home evaluated for mold. WIth all the sinus issues you and your family are having...i would be concerned about that. My sister had the same problem and found out the apt complex they were living in had a severe mold issue. You really should have that checked out.
alright guys...good luck today.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:09 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

MOLD: hmm I bet like your cleaning carpet place could check that one out hu? Good idea!!

Its' monday need coffee
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:49 AM   #4  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning all! Whew, what a weekend we had here. We spent both days at the beach. Saturday we went to a boardwalk (Lauren: Jenkinson's Pavillion) and Alex discovered bumper cars. OMGoodness, it was a 4 y/o's dream. He must have ridden them 4 or 5 times. Yesterday we went to the regular beach and both kids really loved it. I reaffirmed that I hate sand. It gets EVERYWHERE!! I was so uncomfy driving home. I brought clothes and was going to change before we drove, but there was practically a fist fight for our parking place so I just wanted to get out of there before someone got hurt!

OK, gotta come back later. Girlie really needs Mom right now.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:57 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

I'm down 1.2 this week!!

Karen, I love Jenk's!! Really want to take the boys down there this summer, but we've been soo busy! I think bumper cars would be right up Peter's alley! Last time we went was 2 years ago, and he was too little, I think.

GG, Hope you're having a great first day on the job!

RR, I hear ya' on the bedtime. I'm usually asleep or wishing I was asleep by 8-9 pm!

Trying to recall the weekend thread...

Big John, AWESOME on the walk!!

Erin,

I'll go back and read and try to get back here shortly!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:30 AM   #6  

Happy Monday All!...im So Tired, But I Am Up And Getting Ready To Go On The Treadmill For My Morning Stroll!...hope Everyone Had A Wonderful Weekend

Gg: Hope You Have A Great First Day!

Tiffanie: Hows It Going With Dh And Ww?...im So Happy He Went With You This Weekend And Joined...nothing Better Than Your Family Support!

Dee: Wow...cant Believe You Read That Whole Book That Fast...i Know So Many People Who Do That With These Harry Potter Books...i Am Ashamed To Say I Have Them All (except The Newest One) And Have Never Even Opened Them

Karen: You Too Great Job!...we Have Alot Of Harry Potter Fans Here...so Are Either Of You Going To See The Movie That Just Came Out?

Erin: I Am Ready For This Party...ordering All The Food Today And Then Friday To Costco To Get All The Drinks, Chips Ice And The Cake...other Than That We Are Ready...my Little Guy Will Be 3 On 8.3 And My Oldest Will Be 16 On 8.1 ( He Wont Be There)..so Huge Party Here On Saturday (well At The Lake)

John: Great Job On The Walk!...i Have A Question...you Said You Got Some Nikes That Use Your Ipod?...how Does That Work?...im Interested Insomething Like That But Have Never Heard Of It..i Have The Nike Arm Band Thing To Hold Your Ipod But...can You Explain To Me?...also, Did You Get Tall Tees?..my Teenager Lives In Tall Tees..thats All He Has For Tshirts, Those And Jerseys Are All He Wears

Adah: Doesnt It Seem Like School Starts Earlier And Earlier Every Year? Are The Girls Ready?

LAUREN: CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS!

Kerry/joan/mo/ken/michele -hows The Baby....good Morning Have A Great Day!

Well All Off To Burn Some Fat!...have A Great Day
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:36 AM   #7  
KAR

Morning All,
Unforuantely yes RR I had just went back to bed when you posted. But now I am up again. Since my dh got up and had to make a lot of noise. So looks like either I am going to be really tired today or will be crashing for a long nap this afternoon. Sorry to hear that you have felt under the weather. Hope you can figure out what is causing your family to get sick all the time.
GG, glad to hear that you got up early this morning and got to take your time. Sounds like you enjoyed your walk with your dog. Good luck on your first day of your new job! Did you find it okay and get there on time?
Karen going to the beach with your kids sounds like a lot of fun! I wish we had a beach close to us to go to with the kids. The local lake is not a very clean one to go to. I enjoy there going for walks but that is about it. My stepsons really love the bumper cars. Once they get on them somewhere we can't get them off of them. Hope you got all your sand cleaned up!
Lauren congrats on the 1.2 pound loss! That is awesome! Keep up the great work!
Well I better close for now. Chat with you all later! Have a great Monday!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:56 AM   #8  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Mornin' All! Just a quickie!

Class reunion was Saturday (20 Year)....NOT worth the $50 I paid! Oh well. I stayed on diet too! I had one mini slice of roast beef, 1/2 tablespoon of garlic mashed potatoes and 8 french cut green beans!

Ok, have a fabulouso week all! MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Morining all

Gg: Good luck with new job

RR: I would also say mold or the pollen levels are different and your body is reacting to it. When I lived DC never had problems. Moved back to the country and the pollen looked like green snow coming off the trees. Took me weeks to get my nose to stop running.

LBH: congrats

Christina: Its called Nike+ was it is there a wireless senor into a nike shoe. Then there is a little reciver that you plug into your dock bay on your Ipod. Once you start your workout it track time, distance, pace, and cal burn. It has a voice so it can tell you what your doing without having to look at the sceen. When you're done working out you end the workout and it will give you a summary of your workout and when you plugin yourIpod to your PC it will Download all workout info to itunes and even to Nike+. The nike+ kit was 30 bucks. My shoes the use the nike+ kit were 99.99 but there are cheaper.

As for the T-shrits I don't know if they are extra tall but the 4xls that I buy go half way over my butt. An I have a lot of butt.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/ST/140

Good Morning All! Weekedn was great. Sounds like everyone was very busy. Hubby and I did a power walk in our neighborhood. We call one area heartbreak hill because it is straight up. I feel like I am bent double when I walk up the hill. (Who am I kidding I am bent double HA!)
I am sure that is quite a visual for the neighbors.
Still working on the treadmill challenge if anything I seem to have lost some ground I could only go 14 minutes Saturday and Sunday. Ah well I am not giving up!
Hubby is doing great on WW. He read all the materials and had been writing everything down. He seems very motivated. I am loving it!!

Tiffanie
TRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #11  

Thanks John...one More Question..i Just Went To The Nike Website..are They The Nike Id?...some Shoes Say Customize With Nike Id...i Want A Pair But Want To Make Sure When I Call Footlocker I Am Asking For The Right Shoe..thanks
Old 07-23-2007, 10:19 AM   #12  

Ok One More Question John...with These Shoes Are You Able To Listen To Your Ipod Also?..or Are You Just Able To Track?..im Confused..sorry For All The Questions
Old 07-23-2007, 10:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

This may help http://www.eastbay.com/promo/default...-Google-_-null

An yes you can listen to you Ipod at the same time.

With the nike shoes you want to ask for nike+

I went to footlocker told them what I was looking for and they knew right away and were very helpful.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:29 AM   #14  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Morning all...

I'm getting a late start on house cleaning this morning, so had to pop in and say hi! Hope everyone is having a good Monday.

Christina- I'll hop in and answer your nike+ questions. They are not the same as the nike id, although you can customize some of the nike+ ones on their website. They are just called nike+, and they are available in several of their styles... I have the nike shox. The system is great. You plug it in, choose a playlist of your music if you want music, and go, and you can even choose a really motivating song as a powersong, where you push the button and hear that song. You also can push the center button while walking/running and it will give you instant feedback. You can challenge people and compare your stats online... all kinds of stuff. But you definitely can listen to music while you track.

And yes, I plan on seeing the HP movie that just came out, but haven't been able to get a babysitter in forever, so will probably wait til it comes out on ppv or dvd.

Everyone else, have a great day, and I'll pop back in later.

Dee
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:30 AM   #15  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Oops.. john we were posting at the same time, lol.
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote