South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 06:36 PM   #1  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Default Boot Camp Challenge-Day 17

Okay, okay...are you happy now, Ellis?

I thought I would give you guys a day off from thinking about your new WOL and give you a chance to actually EXPERIENCE it! But I can see that idea was way off base! he he...

The truth be told, I'm not feeling particularly inspirational today. This morning was my low point....a bran muffin and white chocolate mocha from starbucks. I went for skim milk, but still! I am getting pretty sick and tired of soup and scrambled eggs...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

DH is trying to find all kinds of stuff to cook for me, bless him. He is having a hard time believing that I really can't chew much of anything...I can manage small bites of stuff I can kind of "mush" before swallowing. Yuck. His solution? "Go back there and tell them to just take all that %*&@ out of your mouth!" :

I am so glad to see you guys checking in even when sarge is AWOL! Keep posting your exercise minutes and I will get them added up for the week. I have been pretty jazzed about working out...I got my newest WATP tapes and did the 3 mile last night. That wasn't enough for me, so I then proceeded to do the 1 mile as well! Not sure what today will bring. I have the best of intentions but it is hard to work up the enthusiasm when you've only had 2 hours of sleep. I may just give myself the day off from exercise.

You're probably wondering if I actually "practice what I preach!" Well, I try to. I took the batteries out of my scale, have concentrated on acting like a thin person, and given myself some leeway during a tough week. Several pep talks consisted of the phrases "thin people don't feed their misery with food!" and "thin people face challenges and don't automatically turn to mush, so get with the program!"

On the brighter side, I also caught myself thinking "hey, you look pretty good walking across this parking lot!" and "you're kinda cute for a girl with a lisp!"

I guess my point is, I'm trying. I'm making an effort to incorporate all the thin thinking stuff we have talked about all week. And THAT, my friends, is all we can ask of ourselves!

I hope you are all giving "thin thinking" some thought and trying your darndest to work some of it into your daily lives! It won't happen overnight, but I do think you can make a difference by incorporating some mental work into your program.

Are you satisfied now, Ellis? You and your slip sliding Birkies? Get back in formation, girl!

Take care, campers!
Old 09-13-2003, 09:21 PM   #2  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hey, Franny!!

Glad to see your attitude is still up. Your exercise regime puts most of us to shame...so you have permission to take the day off!! Go get some rest, and we'll talk tomorrow!

My "Thin Thought" for the day......I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror after showering today, and didn't run for cover!! I thought...Hey, girl, you don't look half bad!!
Things are improving!!! Slow but sure!!!!!!!!

Have a good Weekend!
~Sharon
Old 09-13-2003, 10:00 PM   #3  

Franny, aren't you in Phase II??? Do smoothies once in a while ... 1 cup vanilla or plain fat free yogurt, 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries and equal to taste (I use 4 packets) ... whip it in the blender for a few minutes ... makes 2 servings ... you could cut the oj to half a cup and add a little water instead or skim milk ... they're very refreshing and sweet compared to what we are used to eating/drinking.

Only did 35 minutes on the treadmill today ... had to work ... went to a seminar called "Who Moved My Cheese?"; it was all about change and how different personality types react to it ... pretty informative stuff.

Did stay OP with food though I should try to drink another jug of water before bed.

Might weigh tomorrow ... haven't done so since the challenge to get rid of the scales ... maybe, maybe not ...

No exercising for me tomorrow ... Sunday is my day off ... so my minutes are in for the week for the tally.

Have a good night !!!
Closed Thread