South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-13-2019, 05:56 PM   #16  

Height: 5' 7"

Good evening,

Work has been busy and getting ready to leave tomorrow for my parents house. Eating has still been so so but just making the best choices I can, when I get back I will refocus again.

Beth sounds like you got a lot of snow again, we are supposed to get more this weekend but we will be gone. I am ready for spring.

Have a wonderful evening.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:49 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy Valentine's Day chicks!
I'm not feeling very loved by the scale this week, but probably deserve it.
I'll be refocusing next week too, Pearlrose.
Hope all of you have a beautiful day✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:44 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Chicks.
Although we had some nice sunny (cold) weather this weekend we have more snow today. This is the time of year I are tired of winter and ready to move to spring. Unfortunately, I live too far north for early spring.
Food has not been good and the scale is moving the wrong direction. I need to stop whining, search the recipe section and plan some OP foods. I've heard that "just do it" slogan and that needs to be my mantra.
We are off from school for the week (although we have had so many weather delays I don't feel like we need the vacation!) so I have a list of chores to tackle. I will pick 1 or 2 a day and then mix in exercise and relaxing time. I have a few novels lined up to read.
Have a good day, everyone.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:20 AM   #19  

Good morning,

We got back from visiting my folks on Monday evening, yesterday was busy at work. The rest of the week I am wfh, today taking DD2 to dentist after school. We got more snow and freezing rain last night but should be gone for the rest of the week. Eating has not been good need to recommit to healthy eating.

Hope everyone has been doing well.

Have a great day
Old 02-20-2019, 10:24 PM   #20  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

sorry I haven’t been checking in but I have been sticking with my plan and watching the weight creep down. I’m leaving on a road trip early tomorrow morning and will return on Monday. I’m going to enjoy some of my favorite New Mexico foods but in moderation. We are going to visit the friend who lives in truth or consequences which has all the Hot Springs. It should be fun

The past few days have been filled with all the details of things that needed to be accomplished in order to be able to leave. The reason for this spontaneous trip is that the boss at the restaurant is closing on Saturday and Sunday. It’s a first, but his daughter is in a soccer tournament out of state and it was the only way he could go. I’m going to enjoy one weekend of freedom.

Take care! I shall return!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:35 AM   #21  

Good morning,

Sorry haven't been posting regularly, so much going on right now. Still waiting for follow up interview, I found out they haven't been scheduled yet so still in the running, my boss is interviewing with another company on round 4 of interview so pretty sure she is going to get it. She is great at what she does so why wouldn't they want her. A friends daughter had a severe asthma attack and had a heart attack and her young daughter called 911, she is in a comma so worried about her. Eating has not been op, and I can't exercise to relieve stress. One positive, my knees are finally allowing me to sleep in whatever position I want with no pain so that is a plus. I think they are starting to turn the corner, still hurts to walk or stand on them but I can sit and they do not ache. I have follow up appointment next week.

Sorry for the rambling it sometimes help to just put it out there and relieve some of the stress that way.

I hope everyone is doing well. Debbie enjoy your trip sounds like a fun time visiting friends.

Have a great day everyone
Old 02-22-2019, 12:38 PM   #22  

Hi Chicks!
Pearlrose, I'm so sorry to read about your friend & will send prayers for her healing & comfort to family & friends. I get what you mean about needing a stress outlet, even though my stresses are minimal these days compared to many. Journal writing has always helped. I'm glad you're getting some knee relief.
Lexxiss, safe travels & enjoy. You seem to be the only one of us staying op & losing. Way to go!
Beth, hope your week off's been relaxing, despite this awful winter everywhere.
I'm struggling to get back op & now weight has been hovering up 2#s all week. Hoping to keep that from getting any worse this weekend & once again, shoot for a reboot next week.
I've been dealing with the bank & builders almost daily just to get the process rolling. We are doing it, tackling a new build. It's exciting, but scary too. I think I mentioned before we moved 2yo from OH to NC. We pounced on a model home in a new development at the time, for many reasons, that wouldn't have been our 1st choice. We've had our eye on a lot up the street for some time & decided to proceed with our dream retirement home.
It will be 1story with better space for guests, especially my mom & grandkids. We've only told a couple others so far & I'm bursting to share. We'll get to tell the girls next week & I'm sure they'll think we're crazy...lol.
It's been all rain here & more to come. Blah.
Have a great weekend all✌
Old 02-25-2019, 11:44 AM   #23  

Good morning,

I here to report that I am back to Phase 1 today for a few days I need to get back on track. I managed to get the house cleaned on Friday afternoon and then all of the kids came over and we went out to dinner too. Saturday and Sunday was low key. The weather changed back to colder so could tell a difference in the knees but still doing better I think, anxious to see if I can stop crutches on Thursday with follow up appt.

Cenari that is great news, that will be fun to watch as it goes up.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-26-2019, 03:31 PM   #24  

Good afternoon,

I made it one day on Phase 1 going for 2 today. I can feel the sugar detox but definitely needed it so I can combat stress by eating healthy.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:16 PM   #25  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon chicks.
After a vacation of TOO much eating I am also re-grouping. I am closer to P 1.5 since I did have 1 piece of multi-grain toast today but I am cutting way back on the sugar and snacking. I would like to lose 3 pounds in March (starting early!) and then 3 more in April. We'll see how that goes.
Pearlrose, sounds like you are off to a good start! Hope the knee is still improving.
Debbie, hope you had a good trip.
Cenari,, things sound very exciting right now! DH and I have gone round and round on moving vs staying after I retire. I think we are going to straddle the fence for now; do a few upgrades to the house that would also enhance sale-ability in the future.

Trying not to whine about the ongoing cold and snow; at least the daylight is noticeably longer and the sun was out today!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:31 AM   #26  

Good morning,

On day 3 of Phase 1, scale has gone back to what is was before eating got out of control. I have a dinner meeting today, but they have a yummy salad so I will get that for dinner. I will move to Phase 1.5 but didn't want to move until the cravings for sugars and breads are gone.

Beth I know what you mean about winter, I am ready for spring like weather. I am also going to go for some weight loss, hoping for 3 as well. I am hoping that maybe the doc will clear me for some yoga that is mindful of knees so I can start incorporating more exercises besides the floor PT exercises I have been doing.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:40 AM   #27  

Good morning chicks!
Feb 28?!? This month was a bust for staying op for me. I should be glad it was only a 2# gain.
I'll be happy to hold steady another week, then hit reset to Ph1.5 after. I have been logging food & keeping sugar & calories in check, just not losing.
Tomorrow we'll be on the road to DDs for DGD's christening, then DGS is arriving next week.
Pearlrose, way to go getting back to losing with everything you have going on.
Beth, we did exactly that, before our retirement move. Updated the house to enjoy a bit, then sell. It eventually became easy to decide, we love this area & are closer to the youngest grandbabies. It seems the deciding part is often the hardest. The rest is the adventurous fun part! One step at a time. I'm a firm believer, when something's meant to be, it's obvious, easy & falls into place (more or less....
Hi Lexxiss!
This morning's sunrise was spectacular. I hope you all have a beautiful day.✌
Old 02-28-2019, 10:41 AM   #28  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

we had a great time in New Mexico! Got back and had to jump right into things. We came to Glenwood yesterday. Kirk has a dental appointment. Looks like after many years of trying to save his teeth it is time to move forward with dentures. He has taken a medication for 30+ years that affects teeth and gums. After another tooth started causing pain yesterday he has decided he is ready.
im going to meet a friend at the pool this morning before appointment.

i look forward to catching up!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:07 PM   #29  

Good afternoon,

Well, I was supposed to go into work today and then have follow up appt but freezing rain canceled all of the that and it's been wfh day. Rescheduled follow up to next Thursday so guess I will keep to the crutches for another week might have more improvement before meeting with the doc. Feb is going to be a bust weight wise for me, but at least it's no gain and with all the stress I consider that a blessing.

Cenari I think we are all looking forward to March and getting back on track.

Hi Debbie glad you had a great trip, sorry to hear about Kirk's teeth but sometimes it be better than dealing with pain.