South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-01-2019, 11:26 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default February 2019, South Beach Diet Daily Chat

Good Morning!

Welcome to a new month following South Beach Diet. We are a small group who focus on posting daily while staying On Plan. Anyone is welcome just jump on in!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:29 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning everyone!

skevitt, congratulations on a successful week on Phase 1! Keep up the good work!

I'm upstairs on the computer looking out the window to a beautiful day. I've been bouncing around between housework and paperwork since I head back to the restaurant tomorrow bright and early. Staying the course with regards to food choices. Feeling great, as always!

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 02-02-2019, 09:39 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning and Happy Groundhog's Day. Around here we know that no matter what he predicts we have more winter on tap.
Today it is snowy and blustery, albeit not sub-zero at least, so I am planning an inside chore day. I've got all the niggles lined up: laundry, cleaning, some meal planning. I think tomorrow will be grocery shopping. I planned a cheat last night but otherwise have been sticking to P1.5 and trying to think about portion size.
Pearlrose, I had pasta this week but it was the legume type. I've converted DH and since there is only the 2 of us it doesn't matter that it is a bit more expensive. I'm not sure which type you tried but I've found both work well when you are just thinking pasta and marinara but for soups the lentil pasta holds up much better than chickpea. Hope you are dealing with the knees okay.
Debbie, sounds like you are busy but have things under control. I've got paperwork on the agenda for later today.
skevitt, great job on your P1. I highly recommend you check out the threads about transitioning to P2. Here is one link but there are more discussions under the FAQ section.
https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd...-p2-combo.html
Cenari, are you still visiting with the little ones?

The washer just beeped that it is done so I am off to do chores. Have a great day chicks!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chicks!
I got home Fri and brought my 2yo DGD with me for the weekend. She'll be a big sister in a month, so they all welcomed a break before everything changes, once again. The week with my other 4mo DGD was wonderful, if exhausting. I'm running on fumes & just trying to make good food choices & limit portions too.
We'll meet halfway tomorrow for the return. I'll be able to get my meal plan back under control for a few weeks anyway. No change in the scale, so that's good.
I can't believe it's Feb 3rd! More catching up this week.
Have a lovely Sunday all✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 05:09 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Sunday!

Sorry been MIA for a few days. The weather went from negative temps to a high of 62 today, some crazy stuff going on. Wish my knees were good so I could go for a walk, really miss those. I will behave though. The new supplement seems to be making a difference and helping so that is good, will go the course of wearing crutches for the full 6 weeks. Today food will be a bit off plan but have been great for a full week of Phase 1.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:45 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

I wanted to quickly check in before we head to Denver. My husband and hopefully gets the real cast on his arm today which should be shorter. We are hoping so!

Restaurant was slow this weekend. I think the Super Bowl was the culprit. Too bad I might as well make money if I’m going to have to be there.

Food is on track and I am dropping very slowly. That’s to be expected and I feel pretty good!

Rose, Yes the weather has been crazy. We did the same thing. Very cold to very warm but not as cold as you guys got.

Have a great start to the week everyone!
Old 02-05-2019, 08:20 PM   #7  

Good evening,

Just got home from work, went in for a meeting and a Happy Hour for close colleague who is leaving. We have lots of folks leaving since everything is still unknown at this time of what is going on. I have my interview tomorrow morning so will be going in first thing in the morning, my boss and co- worker all have interviews for the same position tomorrow. It will be what is meant to be, I will do my best on the interview and we shall see. Eating has been back op so the scale was down this morning now to keep going down.

Debbie I hope next time you work that the restaurant is super busy for you. The weather here is just crazy, yesterday in the 60's today in the 30's and tomorrow we will back up to 50.

Have a great day everyone
Old 02-06-2019, 09:07 AM   #8  

Good morning chicks!
As always, getting back op is easier said than done. We went out for an early dinner last night, indulging in appetizers & a cocktail. I'm trying to wrap my head around we're looking at another lot & new build. It would be perfect & every doubt isn't lasting long. I sense the decision is coming fast, but we're a couple years away from a finished home. It's a long story to this point, but more changes ahead.
Pearlrose, good luck with your interview. I hope the results are best for you.
Sounds like you are all doing well eating op & losing. I started the year strong, now need to catch up.
Have a great day all✌
Old 02-06-2019, 04:50 PM   #9  

Good afternoon.
We are also having crazy weather: we ended up with no school on Monday due to freezing rain and today they sent us home an hour early. Being a big rural district the officials don't want the buses out in bad weather. It worked for me since I stayed for a bit to do paperwork and then came home to exercise.
Food has been so-so; I don't know if I will lose anything for this first week of February but at least I am not gaining. I am reminding myself it was slow going in the fall so I just need to stay the course and watch portion sizes as well as food choices.

Pearlrose, hope the interview went well. It is very stressful to have uncertainty at your job.Great job on the food!
Cenari, I know what you mean about "easier said than done". I was SOOOOO committed when I first started SB and sometimes it is hard to re-capture the mind set. Lifestyle not diet, right?
Debbie, hope things are going well.
To the other newbies, jump in and chat or ask questions any time!
Old 02-07-2019, 07:20 PM   #10  

Good evening,

Busy couple of days. Yesterday, my interview went well, my co- worker not so well and my boss was basically brought in to tell her she is not qualified for the position since she does not have a degree but that really like her and are hoping to find a position for her. Ugh. Next step, they are bringing back 2 to 3 people to interview with 2 other VP's. I think I will be invited back. The only good thing is I asked questions and found out that I would have 5 Internal people reporting to me, so I would be able to save some of my co workers and if I don't get this position, I could potential have one of those 5 positions equivalent to what I am doing now. What a frustrating process. On a another note, went back to Ortho doc for my right knee and she said it's arthritis and maybe some tendinitis above my knee start of quad muscle so she gave me a cortisone shot and i think that is going to help with right knee and now can concentrate again on getting left knee better. Still on crutches. I haven't been as good food wise but just having more good carbs then I normally allow. My DD1 is coming home tomorrow and staying through Sunday, we are going to go dress shopping for her and I need to find another blazer to wear for 2nd interview, I don't have to dress up anymore for work, have dress shirts and pants but not really blazers.

Cenari that is a big decision to make, hope you are able to make.

Debbie hope everything is going well.

Beth, I am already tired of winter, today started out at 47 and now we are in the low 20s and staying there for a few days with snow in the forecast for Sunday.

Have a great evening
Old 02-11-2019, 09:15 AM   #11  

Good morning chicks!
Back to 1.5 today for me. Cravings & hunger haven't been a problem, but losing has continued to stall. I'll certainly know how to maintain, when I get to goal (almost typed 'if'...not an option).
Beth, you are so right about mindset & lifestyle. Even when I stall or slip, I know I'm doing so much better than a year ago. I recently realized I've probably lost & regained the same 20# at least 3x the past decade. I'm over that & ready to keep it going.
Pearlrose, hope you got some relief from that shot & get your job settled shortly.
Hi Lexxiss🙋 & others with us.
Have a great Monday all✌
Old 02-11-2019, 10:51 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning!

Sorry I've been MIA....lots of action here.

Ceneri, I like your philosophy "I'm over that and ready to keep it going". Me, too. You and I are close to the same weight but I'd be happy to stay in the low 160's. I seem to remember a time 25 years ago when I was 158 and felt quite comfortable.

Beth, hope you are getting some warmer weather. Yes, It's still February. Oh, well.

Rose, keeping my fingers crossed that mgt gets their act together and resolves all the repositioning. It's got to be really hard for morale.

Me, completed two busy days at the restaurant and have Kirk's DD here from SFO. She will go back to the cousins tonight. We are all going down for Dim Sum today meeting up with the other sister. Think my sis will go, as well. I have been doing really well with absolutely NO overeating so feel confident todays off plan food will not hurt my journey. Scale continues slowly downward. I have made very few changes at this point to make this happen so I'll take the progress downward.

I have to head to the PO and need to get some bills in the mail. Have a great start to this week everyone!
Old 02-11-2019, 06:19 PM   #13  

Good evening,

Coming off an off plan weekend, I am back on plan today, have to pick myself up and get back to it. I think my right knee is getting better, doc said it would get worse for a few days and she wasn't lying. So over my knees, lol. I am going to parents this weekend, we are leaving Thursday after school and coming home on Monday. I need to get away from work for a bit and all the stress there, I know it's not helping with my eating.

Cenari I like that statement, and that is why I like this way of life, I may stray for a few days but I know I feel so much better when I am on track that it always brings me back.

Debbie sounds like you have been busy as well, glad the scale is progressing for you.

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 02-11-2019, 07:30 PM   #14  

Good evening, chicks.
Sounds like everyone is trying to stay focused. I strayed a bit this weekend but am going for OP the next few days.
Winter is still here; there's a storm predicted tomorrow afternoon into Wednesday. I am not looking forward to another foot of snow but the days are definitively getting longer and spring MUST be coming sometime!
Debbie, glad your scale is moving downward.
Cenari, sounds like you are staying the course. I am sure the scale will move soon.
Pearlrose, a weekend away sounds good. I am glad your knees are showing improvement.

Have a good evening.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:42 AM   #15  

Good morning, chicks.
I have another snow day today; we got somewhere around 10 inches overnight, plus some freezing rain/sleet; today it is very windy with a bit more snow so the roads are a mess and driving is difficult. DH and I just spent about an hour doing some shoveling so now I will relax by surfing and reading.
Food is so so but I may manage to drop another pound this month. As long as the scale is not going up I am happy.

Hope everyone is safe and enjoying their day.