South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-22-2018, 06:51 AM   #46  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Headed to work soon. Need to get my smoothie made. I got all my veggies the other day so I’m good to go. Dinner good last night. WW pancakes, veggie sausage and eggs.

Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:58 AM   #47  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks.

Looks like I've been missing for the last day or two. The start of the year (and the year in general!) are always busy. Thursday after school I had 2 meetings, which meant I brought home some planning/grading for the evening. Usually I can get a lot done if I stay after the kids leave for an hour or two. Yesterday when I got home DH and I made a run to BJs for some items and then stopped for a burger on the way home.

I must be doing something right with food choices since I seem to be trending down a bit, even after I put a new battery in the scale. lol

Rose, I've started to think about Thanksgiving too. I think we may go see my parents; I'm hoping the boys will be able to come also.

Debbie, my DH likes pancakes for dinner but somehow it's not usually my thing. Have a lucrative day at work!

Cenari, hope things are going well.

I've got laundry going and already changed the sheets. Now I'm making my list of what else should be tackled this weekend.

Have a great day all!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:50 AM   #48  

Good morning!

We have a sunny and cool fall day today. I think we will either take a walk or a drive towards the mountains and look for signs of fall color. Other than that I need to do some meal planning and prep for the week.

Have a great day chicks!
Old 09-23-2018, 09:41 AM   #49  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday was such a beautiful day, temps in the low 70s, what a great way to start fall. I think we are finally done with 90 degree weather. DD2 band competition was canceled due to the rain where they were going so she ended up coming with me to pick up DD1 from the airport. Today I will be doing yard work and not sure what else.

Beth yeah for the scale cooperating

Debbie I had healthy almond flour pancakes yesterday so yummy

Cenari hope you are enjoying your vacation

Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:45 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chicks!
I can't believe it's already mid-afternoon. We decided to cancel vaca. The rental would have been ok, but the area still had a lot of cleanup to do. We would have been more in the way than useful, I'm sure. We got home last night & I've been in slow mode all day.
It's funny how things play out sometimes. I was ok enough with our change of plans, then a friend got ahold of me this morning that she'll be the area this weekend. We both moved to different states around the same time & I haven't seen her since. I'm really happy I'll get to see her & wouldn't have with original plans. How's that for synchronicity at work? I love that word...lol. My DDs would roll their eyes, so feel free!
Any...way...the good news is my weight stayed put after the past week & a half more off than op. I'm looking forward to getting back to it this week. I'd love to see another drop by eom. I get excited when I pass a ten mark, 170s here I come! Maybe 160s by Thanksgiving, which I'm not ready to think about yet at all. But, I am ready to get some mums & fall stuff out.
Hope you're all well with your busy schedules going on.
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:04 AM   #51  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning!

Actually typing from my computer this morning, which isn't my norm any more. Posts are more difficult from my phone.

Ceneri, glad that your vacation cancellation gifted you time with an old friend. Thanks for sharing your goal as we head towards Thanksgiving. Your comments really helped motivate me to get back on the bus in a more serious fashion. That's what I love about coming here to check in.

Rose, glad your hot weather is passing. It's definitely chilly in the morning now. I sure dread winter but am glad to have the super hot days passing.

Beth, nice to hear the scale is trending down. Me, too. It sounds like you are getting back into the school groove.

Me, didn't post yesterday. I had to get up at 3am and take my sis to the airport. She is gone until October 10. She got the invite to go on a cycling trip with some women from her bike club. She flew directly to Paris to recouperate from jetlag then on to Italy where she meets up with the girls. They ride everyday and a barge follows them on a river. I believe their meals are prepared for them on the barge where they also sleep. I'm really happy she decided to go.
Kirk has decided he wants to go to Alaska for several weeks so I'm working on airfare today....also planning on catching up with rest.....and paperwork....and clutter.

Foodwise, I'm getting back in the groove. Yesterday I went ahead and bought a rotisserie chicken and upgraded salad makings. Dinner was so yummy it was motivating. Keep your fingers crossed for me as I try to get back to 100% OP. It would sure be nice for me to move down on the scale again although I always give myself credit for keeping my losses off long term.

OK, I'd best get back to it. Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-25-2018, 10:30 AM   #52  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi
Is this basically the Mediterranean diet or a low carbs diet?

I had this book back in the 1990's & I recently found it among my cookbooks. So I'm wondering if my old book is relevant or has mistakes found, from more recent medical knowledge?

Thanks for answering my questions today My dad died in the 1960's from a heart attack, he was 47 yrs young.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:21 PM   #53  

Good morning,

Didn't post yesterday but happy to report had completely op day of eating here is to day 2. Today is very muggy outside supposed to rain in a bit. This week is homecoming week for HS so lots of activities after school for DD2 tomorrow is a parade.

Cenari glad you are getting to see your friend

Debbie it feels good to get back op doesn't it.

Beth hope school is going well

Welcome minidoodles you might to check the sticky posts gives lots of good information there is a second book that is more updated you can probably check out of a library. This is not a low carb diet it is good carbs.

Have a great day everyone
Old 09-25-2018, 05:49 PM   #54  

Hey chicks. Happy Tuesday.
Rainy day here today . I came home from work a little early to meet a repair man for an estimate but he cancelled at the last minute. I used the extra time to exercise. Food has been pretty good and I've got chicken baking in the oven for dinner. I found some soup in the freezer that needs to be eaten so that is lunch for a day or two. Other than that it is all the normal busy-ness of school and extracurricular clubs.

Debbie, sounds like you are getting things back under control after being away.
Cenari, it's nice you can see an old friend. Great job not gaining while away.
Rose, yay for being OP!!

miniDoodles, I will second what Pearlrose said. The food lists were modified a bit so check out the FAQ section. I think everyone here agrees SB works best if you understand the main concepts behind it and start off with 2 full weeks of Phase I. Check out the "getting started" thread and feel free to ask questions. There's a great recipe section too.
https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd...uth-beach.html

Have a great evening, chicks.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:53 AM   #55  

Good morning!

Hi & welcome to miniDoodles🙋. There is a lot of good info online about SB, think healthy carbs & fats. I believe DrA is a cardiologist who wanted a healthier Adkins. The phase 1 is important to get hunger & cravings in check & works well for me. That's the hardest part, imo, but worth it & makes the rest easy. Keep us posted, please.

Lexxiss, I find checking in very motivating too. Your sister's trip sounds amazing!

Beth, fall in the mountains is especially beautiful. Not much color here yet, but the weather is def feeling cooler.

Pearlrose, great job keeping op with all you have going on. Homecoming was always a very big deal in OH & fun for all.

I'm enjoying my down time this week, but need to get out today for groceries, errands & a good walk. I'll have to try the 'fly lady' thing to get me moving...lol.
Hope ya'll have an awesome day ✌

Last edited by Ceneri; 09-26-2018 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:25 AM   #56  

Good morning,

Sorry didn't post yesterday, been crazy busy here. I have stayed op for 3 days today is day 4, if I can stay op over the weekend I think I will be back in the right mindset again. I did have nsv yesterday at the grocery store- resisted all the goodies on display and only got op foods, The parade was fun yesterday and then DD2 went to school for powderpuff football game and a bonfire, I came home and got up on some shows. I am wfh today and tomorrow so working on more reports. I did get some good news yesterday, DS and his GF put a bid on a house in our town and it was accepted so pending home inspection they will be moving back to our town on Oct 31st.

Beth it's about time for leaf turning, I am already thinking of when we will be able to fit in a pumpkin picking time.

Cenari hope your week is going well

Debbie your sister trip does sound amazing

Old 09-27-2018, 06:36 PM   #57  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good afternoon!

Rose, super busy here, too. I am also day four OP. I am feeling in the groove, as well.

Ceneri, Flylady Always gets me moving in the right direction. My food does so much better when my house is organized, too. Glad you are enjoying your downtime.

Beth, Good for you substituting exercise for the repair man. What needs fixed?

me, just got back from Glenwood. Kirk leaves early Tuesday morning so we went over and got all our outside water shut off. Helps when I don’t have to do it myself. We took smoothies with us in the car and stopped at our favorite restaurant where I had a healthy salad for lunch with steamed tofu as my protein. I’m still feeling pretty full. Think I will have a snack while I watch the news and maybe just have grape nuts for dinner. I think my snack will be a honey crisp organic apple.

Cant believe it’s almost Friday again.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:04 AM   #58  

Good morning!

Lexxiss, how do you make steamed tofu sound so good?...lol. Actually, I do like it, esp in stir-frys. Great job w days op!

You too, Pearlrose! I do know how weekends can be a challenge, even retired. You must be thrilled to have DS moving back.

Hi Beth🙋. Hope your week's been good.

I'm reminded this week how much I love Fall. I've been saving some amazing recipes for seasonal vegs & soups I can't wait to try. This weekend is calling for a stuffed cabbage soup & au gratin onions. I have to be careful not to plan too far ahead or get too much. It seems DD2 could be delivering any time now & we need to be ready to go on short notice. She isn't due for 3wks, but baby girl is getting impatient & big! Not surprising, DD2 was over 10#s. Who knows?

Tomorrow looks to be a beautiful day to see my friend in Asheville, can't wait!

Have a great Friday, Chicks✌
Old 09-28-2018, 01:37 PM   #59  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hello!

Ceneri, how exciting the baby is coming soon!

Rose and Beth,

We are always on the countdown to something. Since Kirk leaves Tuesday morning early we are trying to get some things accomplished. This morning we dug our potatoes....not a great yield but enough to last until they start rotting. I have 7 different varieties and most are smaller. I think I have a steak in the freezer somewhere. We are on our way to Denver to p/u Kirks medication. I'll pull out the steak before I leave and we will split it for a late afternoon meal with potato of some kind and salad. I'll head to bed early since I work at 530 am tomorrow.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 09-28-2018, 06:26 PM   #60  

Good evening,

Whew another work week done, now if it will just stay quiet for work over the weekend. Tonight is homecoming football game, just dropped DD2 off and we will head back for the game. She forgot her jacket so had to run home and go back again thankfully only 3 miles from home. She is spending the night at a friends house and then tomorrow picking her up she has hair appt at noon and all the homecoming festivities begin. I am still op yeah, feeling so much better. Had to run to get blood work done today, Doc is trying to seeing if I am in menopause or not, we shall see.

Cenari how exciting, a new baby. Have fun with your friend tomorrow

Debbie sounds like you and Kirk are getting everything ready for his trip, which will help you while he is gone

Beth hope your school week went by quickly for you.

Have a great evening everyone.