South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-01-2018, 06:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly Chat 4/1-4/7

Rabbit, Rabbit,Rabbit

May we all have good luck this month. Happy Easter and Happy Passover to those who celebrate. Beth looks like it was just us yesterday. Glad you had a easy day.

Yesterday I rode 50 miles. Of course I am always more motivated the first half of the ride LOL. I actually stopped at a diner because I was hungry. I had 2 eggs over easy with avocado salt and pepper in a whole wheat wrap. I took it to go and ate it on the bike path. I devoured it! Today Joe and I are going to a buffet. I checked out photos on their website and it looks like there will be some healthier options too. It will be an early day as I am going in at 3 am tomorrow.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good Morning Chicks,

Kathy, those are great news, super happy for you!
Jekel, 50 miles is awesome! I definitely need to get more active, since my meniscus tear last year, I just keep making excuses

Hope everyone has a great Eater!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:45 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! Happy Easter, Passover or April Fool's day, whichever it is you are celebrating.

Not much on the agenda today. I have a (sort of) meal plan for the week but will need a few grocery items to get through. DH and I will probably end up going out for dinner somewhere; I still find it odd when it is just he and I for holidays. I'd like to move closer to my kids when I retire.

Jennifer, congrats on the WL for the month and great job on the bike ride yesterday! Have a good dinner out. As I lose the same 10 pounds for the umpteenth time I am really trying to change my mindset for good. A holiday is a DAY, not a month. A special MEAL is just that. Things I need to remember. lol

Isa, have a good day with your family!

Ruth, if you are back on the road I wish you safe travels.

Pearlrose, have a good trip!

Debbie, may the customers tip you well!

Last edited by Beth19; 04-01-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:40 AM   #4  

Good morning! Just another work day for me today; hoping to come home and exercise afterwards.

Had a bit of an Easter splurge yesterday but that's okay. I will be back on the wagon today. Lifestyle not diet, right?

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Old 04-02-2018, 08:11 AM   #5  

Happy Monday everyone!

No much here today, right now I am enjoying a cup of coffee and as soon as kids go off to school, I will going for a walk around the lake. I need to work on a meal plan this morning and clean the office. In the afternoon, i have to drive DH to the airport, he is going to Germany for two weeks.

I hope everyone has a great start of the week!
Old 04-02-2018, 10:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday and Happy April, everyone! We are in the middle of another snow storm. We have about 4 inches and there are no signs of stopping even though they didn't predict more than 4.

But we had a beautiful Spring-ish weekend! Easter was so much fun and the dinner was a huge success! Our hosts even made cauliflower mashed "potatoes" for us, which was extremely thoughtful of them. The weather was nice enough to have our egg hunt outside which was lovely.

Jekel, I am in awe of your 50 miles. Beth, where would closer to your kids be? It sure would be nice to be able to spend holidays with them. We talk about retiring to someplace warmer but our friends are here and our family is in Colorado so neither really qualifies.

Have a great day, everyone!
QuietTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:41 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We got in at around 2:30 in the morning today. Slept for a bit and now getting the house in order and doing laundry. Will need to do a grocery run at some point too. DD2 and I are both off today so that will get us in the swing of things. We went from 80 degree weather in Florida yesterday to arriving to 20 degree weather what a difference lol. We had a wonderful time though Disney will wear you out with all the walking and standing you do. I will have to go back and read all of the posts while I was gone. Didn't weight myself today since not much sleep will do it tomorrow to see if there was any damage to work off.

Happy Belated Easter to all! Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Welcome home Pearlrose. Glad you have a day to recover.
Kathy that was so thoughtful of your friends!!!
Isa is your husband traveling for work? I heard Germany is really nice!!!

Beth I know what you mean. Joeís kids wonít be settled for a few more years. My son and his wife could be anywhere at any given moment. It is tough. This was our first holiday with none of the kids home. It definitely wasnít the same, but we enjoyed the day.

I over did it yesterday but thoroughly enjoyed my splurges. Beth you are right it is only 1 day. Today I had to go in for a 3am start. Kept on my normal feeding schedule with all my usual norms for work. Today will be an early bed time. Maybe a walk when I get home since our snow has melted.

Hereís to 29 days of being OP!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:59 AM   #9  

Good morning chicks!

Off to work this morning but I have an extra minute to check in. Nothing special on the agenda today except a faculty meeting after school (which doesn't count). Weight is holding steady in spite of a few splurges this weekend so I am happy about that. I will admit I had a donut hole at work yesterday and found it very disappointing...maybe I am finally re-training my taste buds.

Jennifer and Kathy, I saw on the news that your little snow storm even postponed opening day of baseball! My DS2 said it was a mess getting to morning classes but the snow melted by midday. I bet you are as ready for spring as I am!

Kathy, I'm at the very northernmost part of NY (across The River from Ruth) and would love to move at least to central NY or the Finger Lakes. DS1 is in Rochester, along with my parents but DS2 is about to graduate from college and so we will see where he ends up. In my dream world I am no more than a couple hours drive from them. Lately DH and I have also been talking about doing the Snow Bird thing. It's all a big decision.

Isa, hope DH had safe travels and your week without him isn't too hectic! Hope you are able to get your walk in today.

Pearlrose, that was quite a temperature swing for you! Glad you had a good trip.

Have a good day, chicks! Got to fly!

Last edited by Beth19; 04-03-2018 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:44 AM   #10  

Happy Tuesday!

I wake up a few times last night, I think I was just worried about DH traveling. I talked to him this morning and he was good. I don't know what I worry so much, he travels every week and overseas at least twice a year. Kids are getting ready for school and I will go on my morning walk as soon as they leave. Last night I work on a meal plan, I am really craving old recipes from where I first did SBD PH1 (9 years ago) so I dig out my old book I think this week I want to make Sheppard's pie and the turkey meatloaf with mushrooms and white beans. I hope this meals freeze well because I will have to freeze some for next week since I am the only one eating them.

Jekel, he is traveling for business, he will be there for two weeks.

Have a good day everyone!
-it is never to early or too late to work towards being the healthiest you-
Old 04-03-2018, 08:41 AM   #11  

Good morning,

Back at work but I can do wfh today so that will give me a chance to get back on track with work stuff. It was cold all day yesterday, but DH and I went to a movie, and got laundry and grocery run done. I did weigh in this morning and was only up 1 lb so that is good. Now back on track, I loaded up on veggies yesterday. Our weather here will be up and down each day so will still need to keep my winter jacket out for a few days this Friday they are calling for snow again.

Katy sounds like you had a nice Easter dinner with friends and great news from the doctor

Jekel I think DS missed us he started a family text on Easter, so trying to do a family game night on Wednesday night so everyone can attend just waiting to hear what DS new schedule is.

Beth I wish our spring break was not during Easter, I prefer it separate. DH and I talked about when I retire in 10 years should we move to Florida or become snow birds too. If we moved to Florida full time we will be moving away from our kids.

Isa sounds like you are doing good with the walks. It must still be tough for you when DH is gone. When DH was still in the military he was gone 3 to 4 days a week and sometimes months at a time, it was an adjustment when he was home full time. lol

Debbie sounds like your schedule is super hectic, hope your cold does not get full blown.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-03-2018, 09:13 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello!

I did get hit pretty good with this cold. Yesterday and today have been the worst. Unfortunately I had to keep going . Now Iím bed and will try to take it much easier tomorrow. We have had some nice weather. DH and I got the entire yard raked yesterday and Iím committing to 15 minutes of weeding every day. I have some carrots in the ground from last year. We had some in salad tonigh. That was fun.

Hope to feel better tomorrow.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:24 AM   #13  

Good morning,

What a windy night it was, we went from 66 degrees to 28 degrees within a couple of hours and the wind blew all night and kept me up and I ended up oversleeping so starting from home for 8 a.m. call and then going in for meetings. At least the sun is shining today. Tonight we are doing game night at the house with all of the kids and the boyfriend and girlfriend so should be a lot of fun haven't all been together in a while.

Debbie glad you are able to get some rest.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-04-2018, 10:09 AM   #14  

Good morning,

I went to bed late last night and wake up super tired and hungry this morning. I don't know why I am waking up so hungry lately, I am never hungry in the morning. I went for a walk the weather was nice and windy, but it is supposed to rain in the pm. I haven't gone grocery shop yet, so I really need to do it today.

We are planning on buying a house either this year or the next, so I want to start de-cluttering little by little so we only move the stuff the we really love and use. Last weekend we worked in the garage and we are almost done there, DH just need to go over some bins and then we are done with it. Today, I want to start working on my room, specially the night stands and dresser, we have so much junk in those drawers that it is embarrassing. Then in the evening I am going to my weekly crochet meting.

Debbie, I do hope you wake up today feeling much better.
Rose, game night sounds fun, enjoy your family!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
-be stronger than your excuses-
Old 04-04-2018, 05:54 PM   #15  

Debbie, hope you are feeling better today! We are still in the "winter to spring" transition. No raking here yet.

Isa, some days are just hungry. I would advocate eating more but keeping it OP. As far as de-cluttering, I am jealous. My DH is not into that frame of mind.

Pearlrose, we have high wind warnings and some local power outages. Most schools in our area cancelled after school sports and such. I am hoping we don't lose our power. Family night sounds fun!

Hoping everyone had a good day. I was pleasantly surprised with the scale this morning so I am happy with that!