3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > South Beach Diet

South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-07-2017, 08:03 AM   #16

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Getting ready to head into work, have lots of meetings scheduled for today. Tonight is haircuts for me and DD2.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-07-2017, 09:42 AM   #17

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Didn't sleep well last night so I'm just getting started and no coffee yet, ugh. And it's a gray, drizzly day, so double ugh. On the positive side, my head is better, I get to work from home today, and have two on-plan Phase I days under my belt. Phase I is kicking my butt more than I remember physically, but then I'm older and also battling sinus issues this week. I've been getting my dairy servings but short on the beans, so I think I'll make a batch of refried for lunch today and hopefully I'll start feeling better soon.
I had a couple of family members trying to spin me up over divorce stuff yesterday, and then came across a couple of brownies from the weekend that I missed when I threw out the off-plan temptations, but into the trash they went and I wasn't tempted.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:41 PM   #18

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Beth no doubt you will lose that pound. Thatís great considering you were away this past weekend.

Pearlrose hope you and DD enjoy getting your hair done. Funny how we wash our own hair, but when someone else does it, it always feels so nice (or I am the only one that feels that way LOL)

Schmoodle great job throwing out the hidden brownie. That is a HUGE victory!!!

All is well here. Just finishing up my work day. When I get home it will be the gym. I did get the contractor to knock $500 off my bill. I can live with the imperfections lol. I asked Joe for a miter saw for Christmas. I want to replace trim in a few rooms and could use one. He thought it was a funny request. After the holidays I thought I would tackle the laundry room. It is way overdue lol.

Otherwise food is OP. Scale is one pound under my goal weight for 3 days in a row, so I know the loss is real from last month lol. I have my annual OBGYN appt on the 21st. I would like to be down another 3 pounds to ensure I am under last yearís weight. I am using my fit bit and lose it app to track my food and calories. It was time I got grippers (to quote my mom) and get serious again.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.

Jennifer
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:42 PM   #19

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks.

Have had 2 good days food-wise and this morning the scale had already moved back down the pound from the weekend. Like I said, I made mostly good choices on my trip and when I splurged on dessert DS1 was there to eat most of it for me. lol We are going into a very cold spell; Mother Nature is confirming we have turned the calendar page over to November. The Farmer's Almanac says a bit on the warm side with lots of snow so we will see.

Schmoodle, great job throwing out the brownies! I find after a few days of OP eating I get into a groove and don't want to ruin it and it becomes a little easier.

Jennifer, a miter saw for Christmas makes me smile. I remember one year DH gave me a rototiller and my SIL thought it was hilarious.

AMT, welcome and feel free to chip in with any questions, thoughts, frustrations or successes.

Have a good evening, chicks.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:01 AM   #20

Good morning, chicks. Another (hopefully) quiet WFH day for me. Still doing well with Phase 1 and those first "easy" pounds are starting to come off, plus starting to feel better already. I'm having coffee and my mini-quiche and I'm really enjoying these for breakfast this week. I packed them full of spinach and a little feta and they are tasty! I made them in the Instant Pot this time and I think I like the texture better than oven-baked.
The only area I'm lacking is the walking, it's been hit or miss. I missed yesterday because it was so gray and rainy all day. I'm going to try for two walks today to make up for it.

Jekel, you sound pretty handy. I sure wish I had someone like you around this house! What do you know about washing machines?
Beth, congrats on getting that pound off so quickly.
Good morning Rose, ATM, and whoever else shows up.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:19 AM   #21
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I've been following it's just been crazy around here. Kirks daughter finally left Monday and we are one week from leaving for Alaska. So many details. Also working extra days at the restaurant to as someone else has been on vacation.

It turned cold here. We have snow on the ground and it seems like winter. Oh well. Just enjoying that last cup of coffee before I warm up the car to head out. Love you all!

My last 54 pounds lost on SBD My 2014 Beacher Bio!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:27 AM   #22

Good morning,

Wfh day for me, though I am waiting for appliance repair to come look at my washing machine, DD1 came over to do laundry and the washer would not go into spin cycle just there with a full tub of water. I immediately put in a call for the repair guy and they are going to fit me in today, hopefully it is just something minor. I did lose it though when I found out DD1 put her sopping wet clothes in my dryer, made her pull them out and there was a huge puddle of water at the bottom of the dryer. I dried it out and am hopeful no damage was done to it. The scale went down a half a lb today, baby steps.

Jekel that was great that you were able to get the contractor to knock some money off the bills, did they mess something up?

Schmoodle, I can fix minor stuff but am clueless for stuff like the washer machine.

Beth yeah for the scale moving, tomorrow will be a test as one of my employees is retiring so there will be cake for that and I am picking up the donut fund raiser tomorrow morning to deliver to everyone at work and I am bringing some I bought.

Debbie I think you are in Alaska now is that right? Looks like we were posting at the same time- hope you get everything ready to go for the trip

Hi to Isa and Ruth

Last edited by Pearlrose; 11-08-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:01 PM   #23

Happy Peak of the Week, everyone.

Nothing to report here: work, stayed after with my club, squeezed in a mini-walk before coming home. I am really proud of myself for putting beef stew in the crock pot this morning so dinner is waiting. It is that kind of weather: very chilly. I have been thankful for the remote start on my car the last few mornings.

Schmoodle, I love those little quiches and still make them. I need to re-stock this weekend; I find they freeze well and so I make a couple batches at a time.

Have a good evening all.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:06 AM   #24

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning chicks,

I been busy with mom taking her shopping and visiting family. I am trying to stay on plan but mom is cooking and I been eating more carbs that I should have.

The boys are getting ready to go to school and I am enjoying a cup of coffee. Later this morning mom and I are going to get a pedi and manicure, no much in the agenda for us. I also need to finish laundry and pick up DH at the airport at 5pm.

Schmoodle, I used to make those quiches and the flax seed cinnamon muffins. I been craving the chili chuck full of veggies, I might make some next week I also need to see if I can find the recipe of the flax seed muffins.

Beth, beef stew really sound good for dinner. I will be having a Spanish soup that mom is making, called Mondongo in English is called Tripe soup(not my favorite, it is made out of the stomach of the cow) but my husband loves it. I normally eat the soup and the meat but not the tripe.

Pearlrose, I hope you washer was fixed. Yay on the half pound!!

Have a good Thursday everyone!

Phase 1 (04.10.17)
SW 221lbs

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:45 AM   #25

Good morning,

I headed into work this morning, one of my employees is retiring so her party is this afternoon and I am in charge of it. Washer was fixed yesterday, needed a new drain pump, old one had a sock in it? I asked how that was possible and he said there are two drums in and outer so it must have fell over the outer one. At least it's fixed. It was cold this morning 31 degrees had frost on my car, Beth I could have used your remote start lol

Isa you just have to make the best choices you can while your mom is there and enjoy her company

Beth good for you getting a walk in, I need to fit one in today as well.

Old 11-09-2017, 06:22 PM   #26

Good afternoon chicks.

We had our fall staff development day today so I worked but didn't have kids which is always a nice change of pace. Found some OP food for lunch (salad and such), then even got out a little bit early.

Pearlrose, I never had a remote starter until last spring so I am really enjoying it.

Have a good evening all.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #27

Hi chicks!

We have today off from school for Veteran's Day so I am sipping my coffee and admiring the sun shining on the snow. It's only a dusting but still....I am also patting myself on the back for utilizing that sunny Saturday 2 weeks ago to finish my yard cleanup; I actually thought about procrastinating until this long weekend but I am SO glad I didn't!

Today DH and I need to go grocery shopping since I was away last weekend and never went. The refrigerator is pretty bare.

Other than that I will do some cleaning and laundry and maybe find the time to read a book for a bit.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Last edited by Beth19; 11-10-2017 at 09:13 AM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:17 AM   #28

Good morning,

I am wfh today was supposed to go in for a meeting but was able to get out of it. I will miss the veteran's celebrations at work today but tomorrow DD2 is in a parade. Tonight DH and I are going to college basketball game. Yesterday was definitely an off plan day of eating so it's back to Phase 1 for a few days to counteract it.

Beth enjoy your extra day off

Old 11-10-2017, 12:02 PM   #29

Hi Chicks,
Yesterday was my long day, I'm on the road for 5 - 6 hours and most of the day on client site, but I packed all my food and stayed on plan.
It's been a busy morning, just getting a chance to sit and post and just getting around to eating breakfast. I'm out of quiches so it's plain yogurt for me. I'm off today, but I may do a little work anyway and also try to get a jump on weekend errands and chores. Making my shopping list and menus now. So, in other words, nothing exciting going on per usual.
DD2 may stop by this afternoon, she is on her way from college to a Quidditch tournament and will pass right by. It would be great to see her, but she's not sure - she is riding with a new boyfriend and not sure she's ready to have him checked out LOL. She'll be home soon anyway for Thanksgiving.
Then it's pizza night at my SIL's house. I'm the dessert person, so I may make an apple cake, but I'll stay away from it. I don't want to ruin my efforts, Phase I has been going amazingly well so far. Maybe I'll make some bean brownies for me.

Muffin (Isa?), I forgot about those muffins. They were pretty good. You just have to have a big glass of water at hand to make them go down!
Beth, sounds like we have the same day planned...
Rose, WFH is the best! I love my WFH days, enjoy it.

Okay, off to start being productive!