South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-11-2017, 07:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly Beach Chat 11/11-11/17

Happy Veteran’s Day!!!! Here’s to another OP week!!!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:10 AM   #2  

Good morning chicks. The darn end of the week just gets away from me LOL.....

Pearlrose thank you for your service!!!
Debbie how long will you be in Alaska?
Isa I try to concentrate on portion control when I am not in control of the menu.
Beth I procrastinated so my plants look terrible after the frost LOL
Ruth get out your scarf an gloves if we are this cold I can only imagine your temperature.

Food was OP except for yesterday. LOTS of mindless eating and poor choices. What’s done is done and today is a fresh chance to stay OP. Nothing new or exciting here. Was hoping to have Coconut’s results yesterday but no such luck. I hate leaving him because every time I do there is a smelly mess waiting for me. He can’t help it. Poor little guy. Joe comes back from his hunting trip today. I am planning on going up to get his house in order (I have a sinking suspicion its not LOL) before he comes home. First the gym and a few little things here. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning,

We had a lot of fun at the wedding last night Despite of eating too many carbs throughout the week and cake last night I am down 1/2lb. I planned to sleep in this morning since I went to bed a 1am but I was up at 6am this morning the boys need to clean and dust their rooms and work on homework. They have friend coming over to play video games at 1pm. I need to clean my office that is a mess with papers all over my desk.
DH will be taking mom to my uncles house, his birthday was yesterday and he invited all of us all day to his house. He loves to cook and entertain. I will be going later after the boys are done with their friends. I am not sure what I will be eating there, so I am just having a salad for lunch.

Have a nice day!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:49 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Brr it's cold here, it should warm up to 50 today which is good because DD2 is in Veteran's day parade. Tonight is my DD1 housewarming party and me and DD2 will go for a bit. DH and friends are going to Hockey game tonight. Eating was back op yesterday but was not rewarding with scale going down, that's okay will still keep staying on track.

Jekel thank you. I had a day of mindless eating on Thursday, ugh. Hopefully Joe's house will not be too bad

Isa sounds like you have a plan for today. I agree with Jekel if you can't control the menu just control portion size that seems to really help

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:28 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks.

I'm joining those of you who had some off-plan/mindless eating the last day or so but at least my general weight trend has been downward for the last couple of months. I suppose if I stopped the splurges it might go down more quickly but.....

Yesterday was productive: BJs run for re-stocking staples and I ended up getting a new phone. Mine still worked but was almost 4 years old and I dreaded the day it suddenly stopped...I will have to spend time this weekend figuring our the new features. I also managed to find a new pair of black flats for work. I mostly wear dresses to work; I find they accommodate weight fluctuations better than dress pants

Today I have laundry in already and will run out to get a few more groceries I couldn't find yesterday, then I need to make quiches.

Jennifer, we were single digits this morning. I couldn't believe how cold the wind was yesterday! Enjoy your day off.

Pearlrose, sounds like a busy day.

Isa,I am not very good at portion control but it is a good strategy.

Have a good day, chicks!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:06 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! I get the "last one in/first one in" prize today I guess. lol

Up early today; I rarely sleep in on the weekends but sometimes stay in bed to read. That will be happening more often as we switch over to colder temperatures! Yesterday was fairly productive with chores and an exercise tape; today I still have a little laundry to do and some meal planning. Can you believe my DH is tired of taco bake??? I could eat it all the time! But I acknowledge I can get stuck in a rut sometimes.

Debbie, hope your trip to Alaska is going well.

Ruth, wishing you a reprieve from social eating events!

Have a good day, all.

Last edited by Beth19; 11-12-2017 at 07:07 AM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:02 AM   #7  

Good morning,

Just finished my yoga and now eating breakfast. Not sure what is on the agenda for today but I do need to do a grocery run and run a couple of loads of laundry. The scale is moving back down so staying the course, I am going out of town next weekend so that might be a challenge as I am staying at my BFF house and seeing my sisters and niece and nephew, DD2 is coming with me.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 11-12-2017, 09:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good chilly morning chicks! I wore myself out yesterday running around all day, but all the errands are done and I get to stay home today. I'll do some cleaning and food prep and catch up on some niggles.
I thought I was well-prepared for Phase I but ran into some problems towards the end of the week. I wasn't able to get to my shopping and ran out of my prepped stuff, so I ended up living on mostly black beans, peanut butter, and tomato juice for a couple of days. But I didn't cheat on off-plan foods and didn't go over calories. I've got to make sure I've got some emergency meals in the freezer and put a few snacks in my car. I guess I'm not quite in my groove yet. And I didn't do so well with my exercise goals. But I'm down 5 lbs so I'll take 5 dancing carrots, thank you!

For lunches this week I think I'll make a pot of chili, and some more quiches or maybe breakfast flans for a change. I want to do some Thanksgiving experiments, so I'm going to cook a turkey breast too.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:10 AM   #9  

GREAT JOB IMPROVISING Schmoodle....OK I laughed, but I’ve been known to do that too. Awesome job losing 5 pounds this week.

Pearlrose maybe you could convince your familly to take family walks while you are visiting....unless of course you are going someplace cold next weekend.

Beth I slept until 6:30 today and felt like it was after 10 lol. I get “stuck” too but when I enjoy something I can eat it indefinitely. PBJ was my staple all through school. Now its Amy’s Organic butternut squash soup and a hard boiled egg for lunch. LOL I look forward to it every day. Whatever works right???

Joe was surprised to come home to a spotless house LOL. The darn cat sure likes to make a mess when no one is around. I did get a quick trip to my favorite gift shop and bought two things for me (so much for my plan of Christmas shopping) Nothing exciting, a dowl to hang a flag indoors and a pair of decorative boot toppers (I don’t know if that’s what they are called) Since leggings with boots just wont disappear I figure I better get on this trend lol.

I have been going to the gym consistently for the past 5 weeks. I looked at my fit bit and to my surprise I have shaved off over two minutes from my pace. I am doing an 8 week to 5K running program. I also believe I might have abs one day LOL. Not like anyone will ever see them except me, but it is nice seeing a little curvature LOL.

The remainder of the day will be spend getting the work car ready for colder days (that means swapping out summer weight clothing for winter wear. Planning on cutting back the remainder of the plants. Cleaning my bike one final time and turning off the outside water.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:28 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!

I haven't forgotten you all, they're just not enough hours in the day right now. I leave for Alaska early Wednesday morning. I work at the restaurant until then. Yesterday my sister and I were out the door early to drop off a car load full of really nice clothing to an organization called dress for success. It felt good to give a large portion of my moms close to an Organization that helps women. Then we were off to do chores which included my trying on many many pairs of pants at REI. I found two that work. Then on to more errands, Costco etc. Home to load up a big refrigerator from my mom's House to a couple who didn't have a refrigerator. We just gave it away. It seemed to run fine but you never know with an older unit. Then home to dig all the potatoes or let them rot in the ground. By that time it was dark and I was done.

Got lot it's more accomplished before work this morning. And I guess Wednesday morning I will just throw a bunch of warm clothes in the suitcase. I did purchase some things at Costco to take up food wise. We have the space since I don't have to pay For bags on Alaskan Airlines. So I'm going to head to bed early, get a bunch more stuff done tomorrow morning.

My adrenaline rush this morning was that we could not locate the old cat. We looked everywhere. Three times. The really scary thing was that we had a little cubbyhole opened behind the bathtub because we were working on some plumbing and I found out that if she had gone in there she could have crawled back into the Voids of the second floor. I was in a panic. Fortunately, on the last trip I found her behind a radiator keeping warm. We certainly closed up the bathroom hole. I had visions of having to tear a floor out to get her. UGG.

I guess I will go inside and find something to cook for dinner. It's always great hearing from everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:22 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Monday, Beach Buddies. Sorry to have been missing in action but Life is still nutsy.

No weddings lately but three funerals - two of which were for friends of the Parson. Of course I had to be in attendance and go to the post funeral foodie events. Luckily my stomach has been giving me grief so I managed to avoid most of the horrible stuff. (Why would anyone even think of a green Jello salad with grated cabbage, carrots, marshmallows and maraschino cherries?) Anyhow weight was down to 178 this morning which I have not seen since our wedding day!

Off to regular Monday morning coffee this morning which is not the same since my friend Barb died. We do have some new folks joining us and my new neighbour Wendy has joined us lately and is also coming to Church! She's around 60 and a neat woman even though she is a vegan! She has offered to cook some vegan dishes for the upcoming Saturday night Church suppers. She's also volunteered for all sorts of stuff - I hope she doesn't burn out. She heats her cold old house with a woodstove and my hero and two of my darling stepsons have been splitting and hauling wood for her. Country manners!

Still struggling with cooking three meals a day but things are getting better. Bruce has a very good appetite and eats anything except scallops and other bivalves. He would eat fish four times a week if I'd cook it but it's sure not my favourite. He also has dessert with every meal so menues are very different around here.

Gotta dash and get ready to take off for coffee and catch up on the village gossip. (I also need to catch up in here!)

Happy No Moan Monday!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday, chicks. My coffee is full of grounds this morning, hopefully that's not foreshadowing of the day! WFH today, hopefully a quiet day. 6 days of Phase I left, not that I'm counting, but not complaining because things are going amazingly well. At least I've got a full pantry and fridge to get me through the week.

Good to "see" you, Ruth! I'm glad you're well. It sounds like you were gaining a husband while I was losing one? Congratulations and much happiness to you both!

Debbie, have a good trip - how long will you be in Alaska? Do you have a place there? I"m glad you found your kitty!

jekel, great job on the gym! Butternut squash and hb egg sounds like a perfect winter lunch. I may have to steal your menu.

Good morning to Rose, Beth, Muffin
I hope everyone has a great start to the week!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:39 AM   #13  

Good morning,

Another blustery cold day here, I am wfh so will stay toasty. Nothing on the agenda this evening. I need to start thinking about packing for the weekend trip. Still eating op and the scale continues to drop down only .2 lbs away from low weight so I am hoping to drop at least 1 more lb this week.

Debbie sounds like you are super busy, if you don't get a chance to stop in here before you leave, I hope you have a great trip!

Jekel I am going to Florida so it should be warmer but don't see a lot of walks in my future, that was nice of you to clean Joe's house

Schmoodle 5 lbs is awesome for the first week, chili sounds good

Ruth glad you got a chance to post, yeah for weight being down. That is very nice of your stepsons to cut the wood for your neighbor.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-13-2017, 01:48 PM   #14  

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Hi! I'm new to the Beach. I just ordered some food a couple days ago and now I'm impatiently awaiting my food delivery. Are many of you using the South Beach food or just following the diet and making your own food? I'm excited to get started. I've been working on losing weight on my own for a few years. I've lost 60 lbs so far on my own and I've got another 60 to go. I keep fluctuating between 240 and 250 and its driving me crazy. Hardest plateau I've hit so far.
tongirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:47 PM   #15  

Welcome tongirl02!!!! I believe all of us cook (sort of LOL) and do not use the repacked SB meals, but I could be wrong. I’ve done a similar plan in the past (sorry Jenny Craig I wasn’t disciplined in my 20’s) and did have success with Nutri System (got serious in my 40’s LOL). Personally I prefer eating fresh food even though I still have issues with portion control. No matter which plan you prefer eating a diet low in “bad carbs” is always a good thing. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. The South Beach Diet book really does a good job of explaining why the program work. I know I cannot eat fruit without a healthy fat or all I want is more sweet things.

Debbie if you don’t get a chance to post again before your trip, hope you enjoy every moment in Alaska. Glad you found your cat too!!!

Pearlrose I would have loved WFH today, it was a raw nasty day here. You could always sneak out in the morning for a walk before everyone is ready to start the day

Schmoodle my grandma called them coffee sotts. I don’t even know if that is a real term. Hope your day improved. Coffee is so important in my day LOL. Now that its just me I don’t cook very frequently, but when I do it certainly makes lots of meals for the freezer. Tonight it was vegan Shepard’s pie (mashed cauliflower frozen instead of potatoes, red quinoa in place of ground beef and lots of veggies I like lol) Tomorrow night will be Mexican stuffed peppers also vegan. I end to eat a plan based diet but will enjoy meat/chicken if I go out. I really don’t care for left over chicken unless its Creamy Mexican casserole. Now I use red lentils in place of the chicken in the recipe.

Ruth great job getting back to your wedding weight. With so many social functions I don’t know how you do it!!!

Had my first of 3 synvisc injections after work. No working out today, doctor’s orders lol. I am going to follow as I am pretty swollen from the shot. I got three good years out of the last round of injections. Hoping for more of the same this time. My knee sounds like stepping on broken glass every time it bends. A little young to deal with osteoarthritis but it does run in my family. Definitely staying OP today! I have training starting tomorrow. Two days we are at the range so I definitely need my knee to behave.

Time to pack lunch for tomorrow. Enjoy your evening.