South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 07:53 AM   #1  
Imagine...

Talking Beach Daily 9/4

No way can I take Marcie's place, But I had this and thought that I would share since I am the most impatient person in the world.

Marciewe all wish you the best!

Morning Prayer -

Heavenly Father,

Help us remember that the jerk who cut us off in traffic last night is a single mother who worked nine hours that day and was rushing home to cook dinner, help with homework, do the laundry and spend a few precious moments with her children.

Help us to remember that the pierced, tattooed, disinterested young man who can't make change correctly is a worried 19-year-old college student, balancing his apprehension over final exams with his fear of not getting his student loans for next semester.

Remind us, Lord, that the scary looking bum, begging for money in the same spot every day (who really ought to get a job!) is a slave to addictions that we can only imagine in our worst nightmares.

Help us to remember that the old couple walking annoyingly slow through the store aisles and blocking our shopping progress are savoring this moment, knowing that, based on the biopsy report she got back last week, this will be the last year that they go shopping together.

Heavenly Father, remind us each day that, of all the gifts you give us,the greatest gift is love. It is not enough to share that love with those we hold dear. Open our hearts not just to those who are close to us but to all humanity. Let us be slow to judgment and quick to forgiveness and patience
and empathy and love. AMEN!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:03 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Woof! Good one, Sflake! Thank you for starting us off. I'll try to be tolerant today.

Marcie, if you're there, I hope that all went well yesterday. See you soon, sweetie!

I'm going to the gym with DH today. I'll be back later...

love and hugs to all!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:09 AM   #3  
In Control: E+R=O

sflake, those are words that we all should live by. Thanks for sharing this with us this morning!

I too am hoping that all went well for Marcie yesterday.

Good morning ellis! Have a nice time at the gym with your DH!

My long 12-hour work day with the yukky shift went pretty well yesterday. I was able to shake off most of my crabbiness before I went in to work, in large part due to you ladies and your words of wisdom and support! I'm glad it's over though. Today should be a much better day.

I just entered my food into fitday from yesterday, and with my long busy day I only ate about 500 calories, without really realizing it. I'm surprised I didn't feel hungrier, but I did wake up with a bit of a headache this morning, and I'm thinking that's due to undereating yesterday.

My new word for the day.....foible......"a minor flaw or shortcoming in personal character or behavior". We all have them, I have more than a few. It's important for all of us to realize that we are not perfect, and that we will wander off the beach once in a while, making choices that aren't necessarily the best ones. We shouldn't bring ourselves down or beat ourselves up when that does happen, but rather should accept it and move forward. It's taking me time to learn this, but I think I'm finally getting there.

Have a great day at the beach, beauties!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:11 AM   #4  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Sflake-thanks so much for the gentle reminder to put things (and people) in perspective! After a tough night at work it was just what the doctor ordered!

Sending good thoughts to Marcie!

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:16 AM   #5  

Thanks, sflake ... beautiful ...

Twodog ... see, it's over!!!

Hope the surgery went well Marcie ...

Have a good day everyone!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:30 AM   #6  
cranky & determined

Thumbs down

Gooood Morning sflake, twodog, ellis, frannymae, nikkilo + all you other Beachsters!

Marcie - we're all thinking of you and sending you positive thoughrts & prayers. Looking forward to seeing you back on the board real soon!

Thanks for all your 'good eye vibes' - I did get a new 'script for lenses and my left eye is improving (no word on the macD though - but I'm letting sleeping dogs lie).

Got my cross-trainer time in and it's soooo humid here - felt like I was in a sauna (well, almost - I do exagerrate a bit! ) Anyway, we're due for good weather this weekend and I hope y'all are too.

Gotta get going, but I'll check back in later. Have a wonderful day on the Beach, Chicks!!!

Last edited by operadog; 09-04-2003 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:35 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The "T"s are up and at it early. We had two starts for today so I merged them. And now I discovered another EarlyChick started us off! I'll do a major merge with the first poster first!

Back in a bit. Merging this thread.

Worked To Death Moderator!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:43 AM   #8  
Member Florida Chick

Good Morning: Up early today after a late night last night. Sflake, thanks for that reminder about our perspective on life and others. A little kindness goes a long way. Have you ever noticed thaat when you meet people in a store or on the street, if you smile they just have to smile back. A friendly smile can often make the day for someone who has just started out in a crabby mood.

I like all the cyber smiles we share here on this daily thread. They just make the day better. Now I'm off to Curves and will check back later.

Ellis: Hope you enjoy the gym.

Marcie: My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Hope to 'see' you here soon.

Operadog: Glad things went well with your eyes too. Often no news is good news. If they didn't mention the MD it could mean that things are going well. I have a friend with MD and she went to a Dr. in Ithaca New York, who gave her an alternatvie treatment. She has faithfully done it and her eyes are better. She has a sort of special mask that she wears out in the full sun for about 20 min. a day. 'Go figure'.

TwoDog: Glad your 'yucky' day wasn't as bad as you thought. Isn't that often what happens- the anticipation is worse than the actual time?

See you all later. Lizzie (Ann)
Old 09-04-2003, 09:15 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I think I'll just go back to bed. I merged daily threads from two different boards and just had to split them off! Somebody fire me, please! I'm power mad!

I have another coffee and am going to soak in the tub and contemplate my sins so far today! After that, a walk, some cooking and some garden clean-up. DH is off to bottle wine so I will have the place to myself. I love alone time!

I'll check in later once my brain gets re-attached or that little silver bead rolls into the right spot.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:19 AM   #10  
Imagine...

Ruth LOL I was wondering what you were talking about. ...maybe all the wine shouldn't go into the bottle. You sound like you could use some
Old 09-04-2003, 09:22 AM   #11  

Wish we knew how Marcie was....(???)
Old 09-04-2003, 09:23 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

I loved the morning prayer! I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-04-2003, 10:01 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning ladies
Thank you, Sflake, for starting our day with some food for thought

Marcie~~I hope that you are resting and recovering beautifully :

Lizzie~~Smiling right back at ya, girl

Julie~~Hey, I'm a nurse too! We are about the same age, and yes those TOM's can be closer together or skip a month. Isn't perimenopause fun?????

Off to get a quick bite to eat and then head downstairs to exercise.

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 09-04-2003 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:32 AM   #14  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Keeping this short today. I'm still feeling under the weather, and DS13 came home with a stomach ache. I guess what I felt a few days ago WASN'T the potato chips!!!

Hope you all have a great day!!
Anna-Good news!!
Marcie-Hope everything went well yesterday!!
Old 09-04-2003, 12:59 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone....

Sflake....thanks for the daily thread and wonderful words..I think I needed that today...

Marcie...sending well wishes your way..hope all went well..

Ellis, Twodog, Franny, Nikki, Operadog, Ruth, Lizzie, Whimsey, MS 24, 2bfit, dentrassi...and all others that have just posted...YOU ARE THE BEST CYBER FRIENDS!!!

Have a great beach day...

Di
Closed Thread