South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-12-2017, 07:41 AM   #16  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

It's been a long week. Road project is really getting old. I'm working an extra day today and I'm trying to get a few things accomplished before I go. Dishwasher is running and I'm washing some tablecloths that I brought home from work. my brother's visit was very nice, but short. My iPhone did a weird thing Monday and I was pretty nervous. I sure don't have money to buy a new phone right now. Fortunately, I spent Monday evening reading through numerous sites which suggested fixes. Finally, I put it into airplane mode for 15 minutes and it did the trick. It was stuck in headphone mode without the headphones in so I could only talk on the phone by speaker earbuds. Not very convenient in the long run.

Food was not so great either. Combination of family eating and I'm stress eating, too. I read Jennifers article this morning. Very helpful to get me back in the right frame of mind.

I just heard my husband getting out. I'm going to get going and spend some time with him before I head to work. Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Beth - glad to hear you golf. So few women do, and it's really a shame. I think it's so relaxing to get out there away from the world and just focus on the white ball getting in the hole.

I made the best cauliflower rice last night. Ever notice you can make the same thing all the time and sometimes it's really good, sometimes it's just okay? I used a wok and cooked it a long time. I didn't have carrots so I started scrounging through the fridge and used peas, zucchini, mushrooms, onions and green onions. Threw in an egg and a T of soy sauce...mmm, mmm good. That 4 oz of steak and a big salad - I'm fibered out the wazoo - lol

I'm puzzled by this exercise thing. I exercise 5 days a week, either on the treadmill or hiking through the woods. I wear my fit bit and I burn anywhere from 500 - 700 calories - the high end is the hour 40 minute hike. I end up burning in the neighborhood of 2600 - 2800 calories a day on exercise days. I also end up taking like 14,000 steps. Yesterday was an off day and I went golfing. It really is not much exercise. I could only play 9 holes because the course was so crowded and I ride in the cart. I did make the 10,000 steps, but I burned the same amount of calories yesterday as I did the 2 days I really exercised. Which makes no sense to me.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:52 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from Delta - at last. We got into Ottawa late Monday and found we had been assigned the Presidential Suite at the Holiday Inn complete with all the bells and whistles, including a hot tub - all on ING(?) points. Florida was wonderfully warm and green and we were in a very elegant condo with a private pool. I did a wee bit of shopping with my future DIL - she sure is a fashionista!

I faced the scale and have really slipped so it'll be back on track this week for sure. Unfortunately we are in a bit of a social whirl period with two weddings before our own plus several Church and community events so it'll be tricky.

Will be back later to catch up on the news. Need to lug the trash to the road right now.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:21 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Welcome home Ruth. Glad you have a nice trip. I'm sure after getting settled in the scale will start to slide in the right direction.

Debbie I don't think I have the patience you do. I would have lost it months ago with the road project. Glad you enjoyed your brother's visit. The article helped remind me of a few things I need to be doing too.

Amy the Fitbit measures calories burned through heart rate. I too question it at times lol. I guess we don't realize how some tasks can really elevate your heart rate. I have been cycling pretty hard this week. On average I am burning over 800 calories in under two hours. The scale has gone up almost a half pound each day this week despite burning over 2600 calories a day. I know I am eating healthy and in my optimal range. I know I have been stressed lately so my hormones are messing with my numbers. In my head I believe my muscles are retaining water for hydration during my rides lol. I hope to see a swoosh soon on the scale very soon. We sponsor a golf outing in June. I help each year as I don't golf at all. I tried it, but I really lack coordination. I am surprised more women don't golf either. It is a great way to spend time outdoors.

Nothing new here. We had some rain so I will skip my ride to keep my bike clean (very lame excuse). Instead I will take a nice walk around my neighborhood. I haven't done that in quite some time. Hope everyone enjoy their day.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:18 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening, chicks and welcome back to Ruth! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip!

Work was fine today; it felt like a Thursday since we have Friday off. I spend my planning time making sure I was ready for the day after break; coming back to school is as shocking to the teachers as it is for the students! lol The forecast for our break looks promising; we need to get outside and do the spring yard clean up.

Debbie, hope your workday was uneventful. And I agree with Jennifer, I would have lost patience with the project a long time ago!

Amy, my kids learned to golf through a program at their school and so I joined a learn-to-play group for women at the same time. Like I said, we played a lot for a few years. I agree with you though, I wish more women played. I would like to find a low-skill, low-stress girlfriend to play with.

I must admit I am loving the longer daylight; it is now light soon after I get up and the evenings are growing longer too. May is one of my favorite months!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:00 AM   #21  

Good morning!

Jennifer - that's a ton of calories to burn - that is awesome. I'm now more philosophical, I figure if I'm exercising and tracking calories, it will come. It just doesn't always come on my timetable.

Beth - I wish we lived close by. I'm a low-skill, low stress player. I don't even keep score. I wanted to join the women's 9 hole league at the club, and they told me I needed a handicap. I don't even keep score. So I emailed the pro and I'll talk to him today. I warned him I really don't even keep score. So we'll see. It may be too much for what I wanted to do.

We went on what can only be described as a death march yesterday. An hour and 45 minutes hiking trails - up and down these hills where at some points it was the roots of trees giving me footing to get up. I started wondering if hubby would be able to carry me out. I burned 821 calories and was exhausted the rest of the day. But last night I did get my hair foiled and cut, it had been too long, and it feels great now.

I'm less than a pound from 40 now. Who knows what this long weekend will be, but I will get there by hook or by crook.

I am going golfing again today. Hopefully it won't be as crowded this afternoon. Earlier this week the course was jammed and one extremely slow foursome (with 2 young kids) had it backed up like a traffic jam.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:58 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Morning chicks, sorry I didn't post yesterday. Yesterday was though I wanted anything and everything in my fridge, but I was stronger than my cravings I spent most of my day resting.

Today my neck hurts less and I can move it more. I found some stretches in youtube that I started doing and it seems to be helping. The boys have FSA testing today so I'm bringing them early to school and then heading back home to clean or at least try. I need to keep myself busy if I don't want to eat everything in the kitchen I noticed that when I'm standing for too long the neck feels heavy and I get more pain. I might check at CVS to see if I can buy a neck support.

For lunch today I'm planning on having riced cauliflower with onions, peppers, mushrooms and chicken sausage.

msgooch- wow, almost 40lbs lost, well done!! 45mins hike and 825 calories is fantastic. I usually need to be on the treadmill running for an hour if I want to burn close to 700 calories. Have fun golfing today

Last edited by Muffin; 04-13-2017 at 09:13 AM.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:10 PM   #23  

Evening chicks,

Amy 40 will be here before you know it then, even more pounds will disappear!!! That was one heck of a hike! Hope you enjoyed your golf today. They should let you join the league.

Isa it can be a true struggle when tempting food is everywhere. When I was actively losing I designated one cabine just for me. I tried to keep temptation out of eye sight which helped. I still struggle with mindless eating. At least now when I graze its healthy so I guess it is a good balance for me. Hope your neck feels better

Beth enjoy your nice long weekend. Will you be taking your new wheels on your road trip? Like you I am enjoying the extra daylight!!!

Got another ride in after work today. Tomorrow I will take a break as I am picking my buddy John up from the hospital in the city. His wife is really afraid to drive in the city. Plus the kids, they have 3, are off from school so it would be a lot for her to manage. John will be out of work for 3-4 months. He had a major work on his hip. Otherwise nothing new.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:29 AM   #24  

Good morning, chicks. We have a beautiful sunny morning for the start of my vacation. I think it will be a day to get out and do some yard clean-up. I may get to count raking as my exercise for the day (trying to keep a positive attitude on that chores! lol) I am excited to finally have crocus in bloom and daffodils coming up.

Jennifer, we have a road trip planned for tomorrow and Sunday to see DS1 who conveniently lives in the same place my parents moved to last summer (Rochester). We will all have dinner together on Easter, plus spend some alone time with each. It is great you can help John out with a ride.

Amy, hiking is a great calorie burn! And yes, the weight loss will slow down, which is disappointing, but just keep at it and focus on how much better you feel!

Pearlrose, hope you are having a good trip!

Debbie, enjoy your day.

Isa, hope the neck is continuing to feel better and your cravings are easing. I find days when I am home and don't have much on my schedule I think about food more.

Ruth, how are the wedding plans progressing??

Have a great day, chicks.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:02 AM   #25  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Lovely day unfolding out there and I have a splash of crocus (croci?) on the front lawn.

Another fly-by post. My new life is out of control so I'm not in much. Hate to say it but my trip to Florida put me UP four frassing pounds! This weekend will not help the situation - not because of chocolate goodies but because of Easter festivities starting tonight with a dinner party in our honour, the syrup festival all weekend and Easter dinner Monday with the Hyper Pypers coming to meet my man. (I'm doing the traditional ham so next week will be water retention week.)

I'm hoping this week will go better foodwise and I'll try for more personals.

Enjoy the weekend - and the glorious Spring.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:30 AM   #26  

Good morning!

Beth - my son is at University of Rochester! I've been many times up there, though I've avoided the winter. He's about as done as can be with that weather. I'll be up there next month for graduation.

Muffin - I wish I could come for lunch, I just love that rice cauliflower. I'm trying not to over do it and get sick of it. I exercised for an hour and 45 minutes, not just 45 - lol That would be a heck of a calorie burn!

Ruth - it's so hard to live in the real world, with real lovely food, people who aren't watching their weight, etc.

I'm leaving for NJ this afternoon for the weekend, then we're going to NYC Sunday night for a night (thank you marriott points). I really need some dresses for my son's graduation. I really don't know what fits, what looks good, and I want to go somewhere with a bigger selection than our local mall who only seems to carry size 2 & 4.

I'm taking the day off of exercise. I'm just really fatigued. Even though I know I won't get in my traditional exercising this weekend I'm at the point where I have to have a day off.

Happy Easter everyone!
Old 04-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #27  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone!

Popping in. It's been a busy morning. I had to do the car shuffle before 630 when the road project starts. 6 big bags of soil on the sidewalk then down to grocery for 5 boxes of kitty litter now on the sidewalk. 8 minutes to move the big car up to the top street then take the small car down to moms for unloading then find a parking spot. Upstairs to pay bills and push the button to pay IRS. Done. It's a beautiful sunny warm day. DH has agreed to help me outside and I need to go find him before he loses interest. lol

Have a great Friday everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:38 AM   #28  

Debbie your arms must be ripped form all the trips carrying stuff. Glad Kirk is helping you today.

Amy I have a dear friend who always complains about her size. I told her when she is double digit sizes she can complain lol. You will get plenty of walking in NYC that counts as exercise

Beth yard work counts too!!! Have a wonderful visit

Ruth you certainly hit the ground running when you came home! I would love to go to the maple syrup festival.

Getting ready to head to the city soon. John did well and is looking forward to coming home. Keep your fingers crossed I can park close for him. I hope to get in another ride after work since tomorrow we are expecting rain. Did get a two pound swoosh today (was WAY overdue). Hope everyone enjoys their day.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:43 PM   #29  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

There wasn't a weekend chat to come back to but I thought I'd pop in to say hello. Starting again, seriously, on Monday - with food prep tomorrow.

Bought the book and read it, for the 4th time.

Hopefully I will be able to check in more. Sorry I've been MIA!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:08 PM   #30  

Guess no one was here this morning to start a weekend thread!

Had a good visit with DS1 today. Will eat dinner with my parents and son tomorrow .

Hope everyone is enjoying weekend!