South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-10-2017, 07:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly chat 4/10-4/16 Is spring really here?

Daffodils look like they may open this week. Coffee is on, who's ready for a cup? I have travel mugs lol
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:42 AM   #2  

Good morning chicks looks like a great week of sun and spring temperatures here. OK one day of rain but not terrible. Going for another ride soon. Later will be the weekly household stuff before going back to work tomorrow....I think the bike is coming with me

I am beginning to wonder if Ruth is staying in Florida permanently. I miss the happenings of Delta! Hope you and Bruce had a lovely trip.

Beth are schools closed by you for spring break? I think ours are closed next week.

Here's to a week of health choices and long walks! Welcome back to Isa too!
Old 04-10-2017, 08:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

I always say the mid-atlantic stays gray and cloudy from November through March. We're finally getting sun and warming up, though it's been really windy here. I'm looking forward to the warmer weather so I can do more outside. I am golfing again on Tuesday.

My weight is holding and slowly creeping down over time. Here's the thing, it's not like I'm starving all the time, but I still have a lot of times where I'd like to eat. I have to think about not eating a lot. This is a lot of mental work!
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning ladies

Today is my first day of Phase 1. Right now I'm enjoying a cup of coffee then i need to take second son to school and go grocery shopping, i have no veggies in the fridge. My plan is to have all my veggies chop and ready for the week. I'm not a fan of cooking and I need to be prepared if I want to stick to it.

Do you have any ph1 snacks that you really enjoy? I will check in later and maybe posting my meals for the day. Have a great Monday everyone!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:28 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Finished up unpacking the house late last night so it's done. Looks so good and I de cluttered and moved things out to garage and kept some stuff in storage, donated some and dumped some. Still a lot of stuff out but much better. Today is wfh day, to have several conference calls and then DD2 has an ortho appt this afternoon. On the agenda tonight is to pack as we leave tomorrow after school gets out for Texas.

Jekel enjoy your ride today, I opted for walking outside this morning, a bit windy but not too bad.

Ruth hope you had safe travels back to Delta, we missed you but hope you had a great time

Amy I am not sure the food mental thing ever goes away, it just gets better but I do know I don't think about food as much as I used to.

Welcome back Muffin, one of my favorites phase 1 snacks is taking mozzarella sticks and cutting them up and zapping in the microwave they are like chips then.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:35 AM   #6  

Pearl - glad to hear I'm not the only one, and I do know the busier and more active I am the less I think about what I wish I could eat.

Muffin - ph 1 easy snacks - I like the 2% cracker barrel cheddar cheese sticks, a snack container of cottage cheese, 30 pistachios - i almost always eat them as my afternoon snack. The vanilla yogurt shake - the recipe is in the main cookbook - instead of strawberries I prefer cherries. Keep it simple, try not to kill yourself over prepping food if that isn't your norm. A v8 works great as a veggie at breakfast. One of my new favorites is making the cauliflower fried rice - grocery stores sell them already minced up.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:50 PM   #7  

Pearlrose great job decluttering. I will do more once DS leaves. Doesn't it feel good to purge stuff.

Amy I still think about food a lot too. Pearlrose is right it never truly goes away. Although tonight I was salivating over strawberries I bought. So yes at times it does improve.

Isa when life gets too hectic (ok when I get lazy) I will spend more and get pre cut veggies or even a small veggie tray from Whole Foods. I love hummus, almost all types, so I tend to eat veggies with hummus for P1 snacks. I have portion control issues with any type of nuts. I have to spend more and buy the 100 calorie or single serve packets. I don't think I will ever be able to exercise control over nuts. This is a good compromise for me. I too enjoy cheese sticks even a hard boiled egg for a snack. I enjoy making smoothies with plain Greek yogurt, almond milk, cocoa powder (unsweetened) and either peanut butter or peanut butter powder (less calories and fat) I like that mixed in with plain Greek yogurt for a treat too. Funny after I did P1 all I wanted was a honey crisp apple! P1 really does help eliminate sugar / bad carb cravings.

Hope everyone got out and enjoyed the great weather today!
Old 04-10-2017, 07:54 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening chicks and happy Monday.

We had a gorgeous day with warm temps and sunshine so I took my sneakers to school and walked afterwards. My country road barely has a shoulder and people drive too fast so I like to walk in town where there are sidewalks. After that I met DH to pick up the new car !!! Now I have to skim through the manual, which is as big as a textbook. A lot of things are similar to my old car but I have a few new bells and whistles plus the general updates.

Isa, glad to see you back. My favorite snacks are roll-ups (deli meat wrapped around a slice of pepper & onion) and Greek yogurt. I usually toss a few almonds into my yogurt since granola would not be P1. As Jennifer said in the other thread, this can be a long term way to eat but it will always take some planning and thought since we Americans tend to have diets that are refined-carb heavy.

Pearlrose, I hope to do some sorting and purging next week when we have break.

Jennifer, a bike ride sounds great! Good plan to carry doubles to work. Yes, schools have break next week although after the snow days in March it seems we just had one!

Big news today: I saw some crocus blooming and heard the spring peepers so I guess there is hope I can garden soon. I think one of the clubs at school is selling plant coupons to the garden center as a fundraiser so I will be sure to get some.

Last edited by Beth19; 04-10-2017 at 07:56 PM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:19 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Getting ready to head into work, have a meeting on site and then will come back home to pick up rental car and wfh until DD2 gets off school and then we are off to Texas. Our temps are starting to stay in the 60s and 70s before you know it will be A/C time.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:24 AM   #10  

Good morning!

The weather has been gorgeous! Yesterday I sat on my back patio and watched the squirrels and listened to the birds for awhile.

Our pool deck is almost done - we had an in ground and broken hot tub removed and something put on the surface of the patio to help stop it from cracking. I'm ready to pull the cushions out and hang out by the pool! We did buy a hot tub that goes on the patio, and I can't wait for it to be delivered, especially to go in after exercising.

My weight is holding steady, but I am shrinking in my clothes again. It's as if my body forgot to tell the scale. The couple of pairs of pants I just bought are now swimming on me. My other excitement is the new bras - lol

Right now I am sore! I did a 5k on the treadmill yesterday at 4.0

Fitbit tells me I'm burning over 2600 calories a day, and my tracking, and yes I don't cheat, I weigh and measure everything, says I eat plus or minus around 1500. The math says I should be losing more as well. There is no panic, it will come. I can see I'm looking better, I'm certainly in way better shape.

I'm going golfing today, I fit in some cute outfits I bought when I didn't realize how fat I got, and never had a chance to wear.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning, I had a good day yesterday. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Pearlrose- mmm Mozarella chips does sound good I forgot about cheese sticks, those were a staple for me last time I did phase 1 (many years ago)

msgooch- I'm not a fan of pistachios, but I do like almonds and cashews, I'm planning on making my own almond butter next week. I remember trying the V8 and I was not a fan of it, but I do love veggies so breakfast shouldn't be a problem As per cauliflower rice that is one of my favorites things to eat now.

Jennifer- I also have a portion control issue, I have to measure everything. I do love my green smoothies (phase 2) but will definitely try you greek yogurt smoothie, it might help with my chocolate cravings.

Beth19- I'm having rollups for snack today!

So today is day 2 for me. This morning I wake up with an excruciating neck pain in my left side. I can turn my head to both sides but the left side is a bit stiffed and it does hurt when I turn. Washing my hair was very painful and lets not talk about drying my back or wrapping the towel in my head. I drove kids to school and and finally back home, I had planned to bathe the dog today, but I don't thinks is going to happen. Right now I'm having breakfast and will be doing hot and cold compresses to see if that will help a bit. I also too an ibuprofen 800mg for pain and that should also help me with the inflammation.

msgooch- the scale might not be moving because when you exercise you gain muscle, right now you are probably losing inches and not weight. That is why your clothes are fitting loose. I remember when I did the Jillian Michael Body Revolution DVD I only lost 10lbs in 90 days but I lost 2 sizes and my body was looking very lean and I had curves I never thought I could have. You should also take pictures so you can see the changes on your body. Have fun golfing today.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:09 PM   #12  

Afternoon ladies

Im sneaking in while enjoying fresh strawberries in Greek yogurt with sliced almonds. It's part of my lunch today. Only 3 more hours of work before I can get out and enjoy this amazing day!

Pearlrose have a great trip! Where in Texas are you going? I may have missed an earlier post, is this trip for fun I hope.

Amy that is great news about your wardrobe. Isa is right you are losing fat and gaining lean muscle mass. The scale will catch up in time. Enjoy your golf in your cute outfits. I had DS help me move the patio table last night. I hope to get the chairs out later today.

Isa I hope your neck feels better. Take it easy today. When I was actively losing I didn't worry about exercise until I was well on my way with SB. Too many changes aren't easy for me lol I'm somewhat ok definitely type A personality.

Beth glad you got a nice walk in yesterday. We are very fortunate to have the paved bike / pedestrian paths here. I am VERY selective of which roads I will ride on. People are so distracted driving at times it makes for a stressful ride.

It was so nice last night DS helped cook! I grilled some lovely filet mignons last night and he whipped up his so called famous green beans. Gotta admit they were delicious. Was a nice treat for a Monday night. He has NEVER, EVER helped cook before.

Time to get back to work...ugh lol
Old 04-11-2017, 12:47 PM   #13  

I just read this article while on my lunch break. Pretty good stuff IMHO. Good reminders. Hope you enjoy it too.

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/ok-gain...ign=newsletter
Old 04-11-2017, 07:34 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening, chicks.

Had a very busy day at work today, then came home to exercise and do a bit of paper organizing as well as bill paying. DH had to stay late at work today so I am having leftover taco bake which is fine by me.

I am looking forward to the weekend and break next week; we are going to go visit 1 son each of the 2 weekends. I need to look for hotel deals tonight for weekend #2. Another great thing is DS1 lives in the same city where my parents now are so we will all have Easter dinner together.

Amy, you have me excited about golfing again this summer! There were a few years the whole family was into it but somehow life got in the way and we stopped.

Isa, hope your neck is feeling better.

Have a good evening, chicks. I've got to go study my new car manual and figure out the new features!

Last edited by Beth19; 04-11-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:40 PM   #15  

Beth enjoy your sweet new ride!!!