South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-20-2016, 08:14 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Woke up to rain and lots of it. It started yesterday evening, the power only flicked off for a second thank goodness. WFH for me but I have several back to back conference calls to do today. DD2 has half day of school only and I need to do a grocery run sometime today.

Ruth glad you are going to get checked out, I am also a hard draw normally takes several times before they can get blood.

Beth glad you got a walk in, I did a quick one since it started raining yesterday afternoon

Debbie great that you were able to fit in the project before it got too cold

Bea glad that you have been doing good onplan

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 05:35 PM   #17  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Friday Eve everyone!
We have cold and rainy today; this may be the beginning of that gross transitional weather known as "late October/early November". Makes me glad I remembered to stop and appreciate the nice weather and beautiful colors the past couple of weeks.

Just a regular work day today which is fine and it is nice I have leftover chicken for dinner tonight.

Pearlrose, was there something special going on at DD's school?

Ruth, I think all the chicks will join me in saying it is important to take care of yourself!! Glad the tour dinner went well.

Debbie, YEAH for getting the painting job done. Glad the pup is doing well.

Bea, you should feel proud for staying OP. That is an accomplishment.

Jennifer, hope work was smooth.

Have a great evening.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 06:47 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Late dinner check in after another long work day. I did get a nice walk in if you consider walking on ballasts along the tracks a nice walk. The scenery was breathtaking. Beth like you I really appreciate this time of year which is too short lived.

Ruth glad you are taking care of your health. Sometimes we need a nudge from our loved ones. I laughed about your pants. I'm almost 5'10 and some "longs" are too long on me. You should have plenty of material leftover lol

Debbie I wish I had your spunk!!!! Great job tackling another to do off your list.

Bea even if your were off plan on your trip, think of all the walking you did. Way to go getting back on plan

Pearlrose I watched the chorus video on Facebook. They sounded great!!! I think my hormones are out of whack again because I found myself getting misty eyed listening to them. Kudos on dropping the weekend weight. Don't you hate it lol.

As for me did a lengthy site survey today, hence the walk. Followed by a meeting with Internal Affairs (Ugh). After the "business" aspect it was great chit chatting with my old Lt. After work I attended a wake for the uncle of one of my officers. His uncle was also an officer on my job for 34 years. Nice man, sadly died too young at 69. Tomorrow we will attend the funeral. Next week I will be in Saratoga for three days for a training conference. Dare I say it I can't wait!!!! Since I am using my own time and money to attend I plan on being selective as to what training sessions I go to. I do plan on sneaking in some girl time checking out the sites.

Time to put my feet up and call it a day. Hope everyone has a relaxing evening.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:08 PM   #19  

Hey chicks, just wanted to tell everyone the transition is apparently complete: I just saw a TV commercial for the "new South Beach Diet". It looks like Nutrisystem (which bought the SB rights last winter) and allows you to order meals. I think I'll stick with cooking real food by SB principles, thank you!!

to Jennifer. Glad you are traveling for training next week but sad to say the leaves will be past peak.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:28 AM   #20  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

WFH day for me, DD2 is off of school today and we are taking our doggie to the vet for her yearly. We are going to go to the next town over for their ghost tours this evening.

Beth DD2 is off because there are parent teacher conferences, our first quarter is complete (how time flies)

Jekel I tend to get misty eyed at the drop of a hat nowadays, my girls are always teasing me about, I do think it's hormones

Ruth I do tend to get pants in long length but have to hem them up most of the time, regular inseams are about an inch too short for me and long are way to long lol.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:30 AM   #21  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

We had a day of transition in Glenwood yesterday. I took my little friend to get her hair trimmed. She has about 2 1/2 inches since finishing chemo therapy and she wanted another wig. I suggested that she embraced her God-given hair that has grown back and get a trim so it would look better. Mission accomplished and she felt as good as she could. Her hair was almost waist length before her treatment. Kirk and I went to lunch and then the pool and planned a short nap then go to play bingo at the Elks club. We decided to sleep on through we were tired. Got up super early and packed the car. We are back in Idaho Springs before the start of the road project for the day. We had to park the car about 100 feet away unload all the tools we had taken. That's done so coffee and start the day. That was a much better solution than lugging all the stuff down the steep flight of stairs or hauling it from a block away.

I'm planning on heading to Denver for some supplies and go to my noon meeting. I better get the vehicle moved. I can already see the flashing lights the girl starts moving the barriers for the project start.

Happy Friday everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:52 AM   #22  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Pouring rain once again and supposed to continue until Saturday night. Poor Karen having to move this weekend! I can't help her with the lifting and lugging but have pulled pork in the crackpot right now so she can feed her minions.

Hmmm - meals that can be ordered from Nutrisystem? Yet another ploy to get people out of cooking. I wonder if we need to change our forum title to the New South Beach Diet. I wonder if they stole some of our recipes.

Today is zero day for getting those pants hemmed because I know I won't be doing them on the weekend when I am to focus on meal planning and grocery shopping. I did get quite a lecture from Nurse Jane and Kate the Dietician and need to mend my ways since BP and blood sugar levels are out of whack. They also gave me a new tester set with orders to test and record my levels daily! Sheesh! I guess I need to make my health a priority for a while.

Beth, are you getting this very long period of rain? So much for those glorious red, gold and blue October days. The ghost tour sounds fun. We are doing Spirits of the Mill on the 29th but I'll be at that Toronto wedding and will miss the fun.

Debbie, you have such energy and motivation! Can you lend me some?

Bea, nice to see you back. I bet Harry Potter at Disney was great. Even at my age, I still love Disney.

Jennifer, the minute you said Saratoga, I thought potato chips! What's with that? I hope your training sessions are good and well worth the time and money!

Bea, hope your power continued to stay on. It sounds like this half of the continent is pretty wet these days.

Nearly nine and I'm still in jammies! I'm off to get dressed and then hit the sewing machine. I am aiming to have those darned pants ready for hand sewing by 4 PM when Judge Judy comes on. TGIF Chickies!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 05:46 PM   #23  

Good Friday evening!
DH and I are having dinner a few minutes early; this weekend is the Chamber of Commerce's MAJOR Craft, Food and Wine event and I'm going this evening. I thought perhaps the fact that it is pouring, chilly and dark would make it less busy than tomorrow; I hate when it is so crowded you can't move. I love to go look at everything and usually try to start buying a few Christmas gifts

Pearlrose, since we started school at Labor Day we have another 2 weeks before the marking period ends and we do report card conferences. Time certainly does fly! Enjoy the evening events.

Debbie, I am always impressed by your projects. Hope you had a good day.

Ruth, yes, we are also in the middle of a 3 day deluge but we need the rain after the months of dry. But on my way home today I did notice how many leaves were off the trees. So sad.

Jennifer, do you get your days off before you leave for training?

Bea, hope things are going well.

Got to get moving. Have a good evening, chicks!!

Last edited by Beth19; 10-21-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:54 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, it's still raining! My sump pump actually kicked in, reminding me that I need to be sure it will be part of the generator circuit. However, we should be OK as there are no t-storms of high winds to knock the power out.

Today is a day to cozy in with the doggage who will be welcoming their pal Milo for a sleepover later today. Yes I will be sewing those pants although I did get a reprieve when I was completing the summer/fall switchover yesterday. I have a long black velvet skirt that would work for the wedding. On the other hand, I've been procrastinating long enough with those pants. (When I went to do them yesterday, I ended up sorting and cleaning out the sewing table drawers! I think I have attention deficit disorder!)

Poor Karen with this rain on her moving day! Her helpers will all be coming in and out of here this morning for coffee and a break from the deluge and all be here for lunch so I've gotta jet.

Wishing everyone as pleasant a day as possible under the circumstances.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote