South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-17-2016, 07:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Week day chat 10/17- 10/21

I guess everyone is off and running this morning....
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:37 AM   #2  

Good morning and sorry I was MIA most of the week and weekend. The days just pass by so quickly. I've been trying to break away from the computer when I am home. I spend way too much time on the computer at work. By the time I get home I just want to nap lol. Yesterday was another productive day at Joe's....funny there hasn't been much productivity at my house lately....Today is the dentist and an after lunch bike ride. Our temps like most are way above normal for this time of the year.

Ruth your book club went until midnight that's impressive lol. Did you get too hem the pants yesterday?

Pearlrose great job learning CPR. IMO I think everyone should. You never know when you might need it.

Beth hope you got to see some pretty colors this weekend. It is really getting vibrant here.

Debbie I guess I missed a post, where are you going next month?

Have a great day. I'm going to try and be better about checking in this week.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:23 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, and thanks for getting us started for the week Jennifer! I must've missed it, too, I'm not going anywhere. LOL just to work and back porch to Glenwood. Speaking of work I'm going to be late if I don't get going. Have a great start to the week everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:29 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I went into office today, have an all managers meeting, thought right now I am sitting in the room by myelf lol, had to do the 8 a.m. call and figured I don't want to run around so much so would just start here, still have half hour before the meeting starts. Yesterday was another nice day but eating was way off plan and the scale shows it today so back on track today, goal is to go 2 weeks with clean eating.

Jekel are you off today? Sounds like you are busy at Joe's helping out

Debbie have a great day

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:38 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, chicks. Another Monday in the books for me. The hours at work are always busy!

Yesterday ended up being quite productive and I checked all my chores off the list except cleaning the bathroom. I also made a great pot roast for dinner with lots of veggies (but no potatoes). I tossed a handful of barley into the broth since I didn't have any whole grain bread. I will have to remember to do that next time since it turned out quite tasty.

Jennifer, I am also trying to cut down my computer time on weekends; I agree it is too easy to get lost on the net. Our trees are starting to lose their leaves. Hope you enjoyed your ride today.

Pearlrose, I am struggling to find the maintenance balance; tonight will be off plan but that doesn't mean tomorrow needs to be, right?

Debbie, hope work was good today. Is Monday a slow day?

Ruth, how are the pants?

Tonight DH and I are going out; I think I will aim for steak and salad but there will probably be dessert too.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:19 AM   #6  

Good morning,

WFH for me today, most of my coworkers are going to be in today but they are doing lunch and I am trying to stay on track so not going to go in since I do not have meetings and I saw my manager yesterday at the meeting so I am good . Got haircuts last night took a couple of inches off to get rid of all the dry ends. Tonight is DD2 chorus concert so will be going to that.

What is happening in your neck of the woods?
Old 10-18-2016, 08:47 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I swear I posted yesterday but maybe not. I was in a fluster about a Mill Board meeting and had to dash out. I used health as an excuse to get out of my evening meeting - I have decided no more evening meetings. Being too tired at night is a health issue, isn't it?

Beth, the leaves are falling here too but there is still lots of colour. It seems more beautiful than other years though. I wonder if the drought did it. Jennifer, thanks for cranking us up yesterday. Pearlrose, CPR! I am most impressed. Debbie, did you post pictures of your recue dog? Hope I didn't miss them.

Um ... the pants are still not even started although I do have a packet of black lace hem binding. Today is another rainy day so I must get them ready for hand sewing. It has to be today because I hit a very overbooked week starting tomorrow and not ending until next Monday. I'll spare you the details!

Whoops! Nearly nine. Gotta jet!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:18 PM   #8  

Good (late) afternoon chicks. Today was just another work day for me but sometimes normal is good. lol I prioritized my workout when I came home so I am just now taking the time to check in; I have a few minutes before I make dinner.

DH and I decided to aim to eat dinner a little bit earlier. Since the kids are gone we had been eating later and later; the problem is we were finding ourselves snacking beforehand. So our goal is to eliminate that. We will see how it goes.

Pearlrose, I remember going to concerts when the kids were small. I especially miss it at holiday time. I guess I should support the arts even if my kids aren't on stage....Enjoy yourself.

Ruth, some days are like that; rushed and flustered. I agree, being tired IS a health issue. Hope you had a good day.

To the other chicks, hope you had a Terrific Tuesday.

Guess I'd better get on my way to the kitchen. Evening, all!
Old 10-18-2016, 05:42 PM   #9  

Yes Ruth being tired is a health issue. Treatment includes an afternoon nap. I took one yesterday and it felt great. How long are the pants? You could always wear stilettos lol.

Beth I splurge on dessert when we go out to eat. I figure I don't (can't keep it in the house) so I enjoy a piece of pie or something similar when we go out to eat.

Pearlrose I like your plan of WFH to stay away from temptation. Hope you enjoy the concert.

I am off every Sunday and Monday. I spend one day with Joe, usually Sunday, and the other is for me. Somedays I stay home, just like yesterday, with no guilt. The week gets to me at times and I just need to stay put. The furniture Joe ordered is ready for pick up. As much as I would love to go this weekend, I just can't. Too much going on here before I leave for three days of training in Saratoga. Besides this is my last chance to drop a pound or 20 lol before my annual doctor's appointment next week. It would be a big pat on the back to my ego if I weigh less than last year. Today I was just under goal by .4. Last year I believe I was over my goal by 9 pounds. I even got up and worked out at 4 this morning. When I get home I just want to unwind. Going to bed early again tonight in hopes of getting up early again tomorrow...Enjoy your evening!
Old 10-19-2016, 07:05 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Good morning! Didn't get the pants ready for hemming but did try them on again. I need to shorten them a lot! I read the tag and they are a 16 LONG! There may be enough cut off to make a top!

Overdrive this morning with a foot care appointment, bread pick-up to take to the Town Hall and then the dinner for the concert goers and performers. I may get back later but ...
Old 10-19-2016, 08:19 AM   #11  

Good morning,

Another wfh day for me, actually going to make the rest of the week wfh if something doesn't come up. Glad I didn't go in yesterday, got on the scale and I lost the 3 lbs I had "gained" over the weekend, now to continue the trend of downward. The concert last night was really good, I enjoy listening to both the chorus and band play. Tonight DD2 has art class and I have parent teacher conference.

Ruth hope you get your pants hemmed in time lol, sounds like you have a busy day today

Jekel I am never tempted with dessert when we go out but have to deal with it in the house since DH is always buying stuff, for the most part not tempted but occasionally.... it happens.

Beth we eat dinner pretty early unless I go into work then it is a bit later.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-19-2016, 06:18 PM   #12  

Hey chicks, busy and long day. I did manage to take a walk this afternoon since it was sunny and we are looking at 3 days of rain coming up.

Leftover for dinner tonight. Glad tomorrow is Thursday.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:06 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA I finished work yesterday, went to my Rolfing appointment, then drove to Glenwood. Kirk and my friend Pat are here and we painted the entire east side of our mobile home and redid the trim on all of the Windows today. We had not painted that side since we bought the place in 2007 and the window trim was some kind of particleboard that was totally rotten and had green moss growing on it. We talked about it last week and decided that this was the last day we could commit before weather sets in. It was 37 this morning and a balmy 55 mid day. Mission accomplished.

Beth, you asked about the new pup. She's doing really well! She has just fit right in and is extremely happy. She is learning our version of Dougie sign language and is quite responsive to it.

I am filthy dirty. Sitting outside with a cup of coffee. I'm going to go get cleaned up and see what everyone else wants to do.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:34 PM   #14  

Height: 5'4"

Things have continued crazy here - but looking better soon! Been on plan since our return from Harry Potter World in Orlando - looking forward to toasted whole wheat pita bread next week though!!

Take care -
ultimatebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:52 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Yesterday was just crammed and the pants are still on the sewing table. Ended up getting a flu shot and yet another blood draw - always a problem getting a vein but John managed it on the third stab. The dinner for the bus tour - from Saskatchewan - went well. We had just the right amount of food. I was home by 6:30.

Back to the clinic this afternoon for a refresher with the nurse practitioner. I have been skipping my meds and blood testing and need a lecture to get back on track. My DD gave me heck about that and about my hearing problem when she was here. I go for hearing testing on Monday.

Just realized it's garbage pick-up day so gotta jet. I slept until 7 for a change this morning. Later.