South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 06:50 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Brrrriday Chat - June(?) 10

Woke to the sound of the furnace turning on and it's one of those tricky "summer" mornings - sunshine and blue skies and the temperature just slightly better than freezing! Sure hope it warms a bit by tomorrow when Shirleyanne's Celebration of Life happens in her garden in Ottawa. (I am taking a rum cake and some wine which may help. )

I did get lots done yesterday after starting out with a semi-disaster. I thought I'd screwed up my washing machine by washing an old rug with a crumbling backing. What a mess! My washer had all these 1/8" bits of rubber in it now so I ran one rinse and drain cycle after the other and used the shop-vac to get rid of the bits that showed up in the bottom of the drum. I did this four times and am still harvesting bits. The rug is now in the bottom of the plastic bag in the trash can. Sheesh! What the heck was I thinking?

No time for goofs like that today as I have to prep for an organized departure for Ottawa tomorrow morning . No bread run for the Mill - I've delegated that to Anna since my car will be loaded. Aside from the cake and a case of wine, I need to prepare a bit of a eulogy and put together garden flowers since the Ottawa garden has no peonies or lillies yet - different garden zone.

I'll be staying in Ottawa Saturday night. Looking forward to time away from The Mill and a wee break from the darling dogs who just love their Four Paws Inn.

Wishing you all a good TGIF and a great weekend.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth. I'll ask Mother Nature to warm things up a bit for tomorrow. Glad you mentioned the rug. I have a uniform shirt that needs attention. The lid was askew on my coffee yesterday. Coffee and white shirt don't mix lol. Fortunately I did have a spare shirt at work.

Today I am heading out to Long Island for the Belmont. I'm working my regular hours but this will be a nice change of scenery. Yesterday way way too windy to ride, so I managed to clean out a few things from the garage for bulk pick up and tended to weeding the front. Not sure what I will do today. I do need to stock up my cooler for tonight.

Pearlrose so glad everything went well with the biopsy. Sorry DD didn't pass her exam. I can only imagine how upset she is.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable day!
Old 06-10-2016, 08:20 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

After working hard in the yard yesterday I went down to Denver to meet up with my friend to get some errands done. She was way north I didn't leave here until three got home at 9:30. I was tired so not getting too motivated yet this morning.

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with the yard stuff this morning. So many things need to be done and I have no help. LOL. I suppose some more coffee will help me figure it out

Have a great day everyone!

Ruth, safe travels! I hope the weather works out. I only did that with the rug ones. LOL.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:51 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I wish I could send some of the heat we are getting today your way Ruth, we are going to get to 95 today whew!!! I got rid of half the water weight so hoping the rest comes off today, drinking lots of water and staying op. WFH today but I do have to take DD2 to dentist for cleaning in a bit if I can get her up lol.

Ruth I to hope it warms up a bit for tomorrow

Jekel I hate when I spill something on my clothes when I am at work

Debbie hope you are able to get everything on your to do list done.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-10-2016, 09:42 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sheesh! Today is already in the ditch. I baked my rum cake and it looked fine until I dumped it out of the pan before it was completely cool! (You'd think I'd have smartened up in 77 years but ...)

I 'll have to bake another one asap and leave it in the pan. If that doesn't work. it'll be rum cake trifle. Sheesh! I may have to hang up my Betty Baker apron and reputation. Now I am off to the next town to get repeat supplies! I'll drive very carefully and take a list.
Closed Thread