South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 05:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Wintry Weekend Jan 3-4 SBD

Good morning chicks!

Up to take meds (my back does not like sleeping in a bed, what's a girl to do?!) and thought I'd pop in to start up the thread.

Took two laps around the block with the neighbor yesterday (the conversation was too good), I won't be doing that again for a while . I did have a nice visit with a friend, and have another friend coming in this AM, if the weather is okay. I also went to the library and checked out 6 more books!

I believe we're under a weather watch - icy roads. Ewwww, probably no walk today!
Old 01-03-2015, 07:11 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You were too quiet, Tammy. I should have got up at 5:30 but dozed off again until just now.

Yesterday I made a big beef/veggie stew in the crockpot and put it on the porch to cool down overnight. It's frozen solid! Duh! It had better be thawed by noon when the Hyper Pypers arrive. If not, Glen will have some "good" idea like thawing it with a blowtorch. If any of you watch Modern Family, Glen is a Phil Dumphy!

Aside from worrying about the stew, I have just a few things to do this morning. The apples at the store were terrible when I shopped yesterday so I changed to another dessert - a really simple one that could be SBD friendly after Phase I. You fill each serving dish (I use footed sherbet ones) with grapes picked off the stem, top with sour cream (or yogurt) and sprinkle with brown sugar of brown Splenda. Really simple and quite delicious.

It's been a busy, fun and relaxing Christmas but I will be pleased to turn the volume down after today and resume "real life" although I am somewhat dreading the finalizing of the 2014 Mill accounts.

Enjoy your day and whatever it brings. Stay safe and warm if you are under weather watches.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Tammy, it sure does look wintry out there this morning, and we're expecting an icy mess, too. I'm going to try to get out and get my walk in before it gets much worse.

Ruth, we often had dessert like that when I was growing up, and we'd also have it with strawberries. Delicious! Enjoy your visit from the Pyphers!

I think I overdid it a bit yesterday and was feeling feeble by the end of the day, but this morning I feel great! It's a good thing, too, because I plan to defrock the tree and get all the Christmas stuff put away this afternoon. I enjoy the Christmas season, but after a month of looking at it, I'm ready to get my house back in order again.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:38 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. I didn't make it here until late last night, at which point I just caught up on everyone's news. Somehow my day was quite busy: I shoveled early in the morning and then finished in the afternoon; re-stocked at BJs, went to Walmart for the few things I get there, did laundry and cooked a turkey for dinner. (Ruth, did you get a whiff of it?)

We are supposed to get snow turning to wintry mix late today, then eventually rain. I hope the temperature shifts to rain quickly since tomorrow I will get up before the crack of dawn to take DS2 to the bus. He has to go back to school early due to his sports team.

Tammy, I remember when DS1 broke his collarbone he had to sleep in a recliner for almost 6 weeks. Don't overdo it today and enjoy your books.

Cottage, I think I will start packing up everything but the tree. I will wait for Tuesday to do that.

Ruth, sorry your stew froze but right now I am enjoying the extra refrigerator space, usually called an attached garage. I've got a case of yogurt out there right now.

Coffee's done; anyone need some?
Old 01-03-2015, 08:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Under a weather advisory here too. I'm supposed to go into work for the last hour and a half this evening, just to help train the new gal in the non-supervisory closing routine. But if the weather is bad then, I'll try to beg off.

I suppose today would be a good day to take down the tree. I like "defrock," Linda.

We made DS his favorite beef dish last night and since DH, the vegetarian, bought the meat at Costco, DS and I will be eating leftovers for days!

Have a great weekend. Sure doesn't feel like one to me! I'm so confused.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all! Just a quick drive by this morning. We are trying to get a bunch of errands taken care of this morning before the snow starts flying (yet again - ugh!). Fedex, Sams, Kroger, and possibly a couple other places. But first...some breakfast is in order.

Be back later!

Gabby

Last edited by mcsgabby; 01-03-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I slept 12 hours!!!! Guess my body finally said enough. Did way too much yesterday on top of taking a nasty fall. So today's project is bolting the deck stairs to the actual deck!! At least I didn't break any bones. Nothing like rolling around your front deck and realize the front door is locked lol. At looked like an idiot.

Today is errands and getting ready for the week.

Ruth can't you use the crockpot to defrost the stew?

Good luck de decorating. That's what did me in, but at least my house is really clean. Tammy hope you get to take the brace off soon. That might help you sleep

Time to get moving before the rain or snow comes
Old 01-03-2015, 10:57 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks (ha! It is actually still morning)!

Not sure why but am delaying going to the post office but I am, sigh. Then Target. We moved 4 months ago and live above a Whole Foods. Considering the other grocery store in the area are cr@ppy, I spend my whole paycheck there!!!

Have a great, warm weekend!
Old 01-03-2015, 01:15 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We got back home around 1:30 a.m. this morning. Now the unpacking starts. It was great to see Debbie in person and have lunch with her. My DH and I enjoyed it very much. Very fun skiing trip with my BFF and her family, a tradition we started last year.

Today is unpacking, putting away decorations, grocery shopping, etc.

I need to go back and read posts from this past week, internet was very spotty most of the trip and I did not bring my laptop it was nice to unplug.

Hope everyone had a great New Years and here is to a great 2015 for all of us.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:43 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Spent the day driving back and forth to Connecticut to see family. Of course we got stuck driving back in the storm. It's been one of those years, we just can't seem to miss the storms. Off to bed now.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:42 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

MIA yesterday ...traveled, got caught up on everything here, then took an extended nap. I was feeling the possibility of a cold or something coming on and I think a shutdown day really helped.

I'm up for more chores and coffee then work today.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 01-04-2015, 07:50 AM   #12  

Another gray, wet, foggy morning. If this were snow, I wonder how much we'd have by now? I shouldn't complain since it's supposed to get up to 66* here today.

We got all the Christmas stuff and tree taken down and put away yesterday, and gave the house a good cleaning. It feels good to have that done, but now the house looks so bare. We had to laugh when Jake was taking apart the tree; it seems there was an entire Lego family living in it, LOL! My grandson, Tyler, is always fascinated that I hide a bird's nest and a pickle in the tree every year, so I guess he decided to start his own tradition.

I have to get groceries this morning in preparation for starting Phase 1 tomorrow, and I'd like to stop by Barnes & Noble to browse through Elana's Pantry Cookbook before I decide to purchase it. I use a lot of her recipes, thanks to Cyndi!, and want to decide whether to buy one of her books, or just download the recipe from her website.

So that's my day. How's yours shaping up?
Old 01-04-2015, 07:53 AM   #13  

Good morning, Debbie! I hope you're feeling better. I know my "shutdown" day I had on NYD really helped me get over my cold. We need to learn to listen to our bodies more.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:07 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from snowy, icy Eastern Ontario. There is a crust on the snow on the deck which I had to break through so my featherweights could get out for potty. Jazz just looked at the steps down to the yard and gave me a disgusted glare. I will go out and fix the situation a bit later when the temps are supposed to go to 41F just for a few hours. Sure glad I put the car in the barn before the ice-rain started.

Funny but today feels like Monday to me - probably because I had "lunch" company yesterday that lasted until 6:30! I do love having the Pypers here though - and their dogs. The weather was pretty bad but they have a big, heavy car and the drive home, although tricky, was long but OK. Sure was glad to get that phone call and know they were safe.

Today I start to "defrock" the house. All the Christmassy linens, towels and napkins are in the washer or dryer right now and the china will be stashed away as soon as the dishwasher is finished. I may keep the Bling Tree up until Tuesday. This has seemed like a very long Christmas this year, probably because so much has happened - most of it good. It'll be so strange to get back to real life this week.

One thing I learned this season is that it is really good to take an un-plugged day. I actually spent a pajama day and felt really relaxed. There is no need to act like the Energizer Bunny! I may actually write Jammy Day into my calendar once a month.

On we go with the real start to the New Year!
Old 01-04-2015, 09:11 AM   #15  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
It's rainy and wet here, although supposed to get up to 60 today. I woke with some sort of weird cold that is like halfway here, and just makes me feel very warm and crappy. Sigh - just in time for the SBD flu due to starting Phase 1! Oh, I so need to detox from all the carbs, it's not even funny.

Today is just church, and I'm going to take my son to the Brooklyn Museum to see the Egyptian collection there. I need to make burgers for my husband's lunches and also make my taco soup and boil some eggs to get ready to start tomorrow. I'll plan out tomorrow's menu today but leave the rest of the week meal planning until tomorrow b/c I just can't handle that today! Hope everyone has a great day.
Closed Thread